Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 12:06 PM Reply   
Hey guys-
I have a 2004 Malibu that came with a Sony CDX-mp40 head unit and 2 rm-xm10 remotes. The transom remote was broken and disconnected when I bought it. I was told that the Sony rm-x55m is the upgraded replacement for these remotes. I am thinking of replacing both of the remotes with these new ones, as it is probably only a matter of time before the front remote dies too. My question is, will these just directly plug into the existing spots where the old remotes are connected?

Also, I would like to connect my Ipod to the stereo. Is there anyone who makes a connector that would allow the Ipod to be charged while connected and also controlled by these Sony remotes? Where would I look for such a thing?
(sorry for the double post- I also posted in the audio/video discussion forum)
Old     (kneeboarder8806)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-14-2007, 1:36 PM Reply   
there is an ipod interface at target for like $50. its made by sony for the xplod stereos. it list on the back what it will not work with and i think it charges the ipod when it is plugged into the interface. and you can change songs with the stereo remote instead of getting in the boat and having to mess around with the ipod when you are wet
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-14-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info. I looked on Target's website but couldn't find anything. However, I found this product on the net.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/viewitem.php?id=7003&affiliate=PriceGrabber

Some websites say that this particular interface cable only works with certain Sony head units 2006 and newer. This website says all 2000-newer Sony's with UniLink, which I believe I have. Do you think that I will still be able to use the remotes with this interface cable? I haven;'t pulled the stereo to see how everything connects in the back. BTW, how do I get the head unit out of the dash? I pulled off the trim ring, but couldn't see exactly what to do next.
Old     (99sportster)      Join Date: Oct 2005       02-14-2007, 5:26 PM Reply   
I have a Sony xa110 in my Malibu with the Sony remotes and it works great. As long as your head unit uses the Sony Unilink (if you have the wired remotes, your head unit must) it should work for you.

Best Buy actually sells the interface for cheaper.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7858099&st=sony+ipod&lp=4&type=p roduct&cp=1&id=1142299958973

After removing the trim piece around the head unit, you'll need the stereo keys that insert on both sides of the head unit to slide it out of the chasis.
Old     (gabriel63)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-14-2007, 5:47 PM Reply   
how does this unit hook up does it take away from amp use
Old     (atropine)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-15-2007, 12:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for the responses. I stopped by Target on my way home tonight and found they had a xa110ip in stock for $49.99. I brought it home and installed it in the boat, and it works great.
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-16-2007, 8:34 AM Reply   
Thanks for this info guys. I have an 04 malibu as well and wasnt sure what adapter to get. Thanks!!!!!!!!!