Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

View Poll Results: Will you Be putting on the Extra Sticker?
HELL NO! 1 16.67%
Yes! 2 33.33%
Its going in the glove box! 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2015, 12:33 PM Reply   
For those of us here in California we are being Asked or Required (not sure witch one quite yet) to apply a extra sticker on our boat. What show's up in the mail with your CF sticker is a Extra Sticker (Pictured Below) that they are asking us to put on our boats that does WHAT exactly?????

When you pay for reregistration in California now a portion automatically go's to a Fund that supposedly helps administer propaganda that is supposed to help stop the spread of mussel's. That's all fine and dandy But how does applying a extra sticker to my boat insure or help stop the spread of Mussel's It's a fee wrapped up in your boats registration that you cant Avoid or Not pay even if you wanted.

It annoys me that they are asking us to place another "Sticker" on your vessel that dosent seem to have any rhyme or reason?

Our local Water Patrol told me that he knows of no law that's being broken by not putting it on and he will not be pulling people for NOT displaying it,
Attached Images

Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-15-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
When I bought my boat I thought the same thing. I am going to pay the fee as part of my registration, so why do I need another sticker? Does the registration sticker somehow not apply? Seems ridiculous to me. I was hoping it somehow made me exempt from inspections because Sanger put some cool filter on the boat, but that was a mere pipe dream!
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       04-15-2015, 4:31 PM Reply   
Read a bit more about this and it is due to salt vs. Fresh water. Salt water boats don't have to pay the fee and as such won't get the sticker. But if you had a salt boat without a sticker and tried to drop it in a fresh body of water, the lack of a sticker would get you turned away. They should have just changed the format of the sticker but maybe that was not easy enough for officials to quickly evaluated an acceptable veessel?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       04-15-2015, 6:57 PM Reply   
Not sticking mine. Just have it in the glove box.

G- quick hijack - hawthornSF on Friday night has miguel migs, Mauricio aviles & franky boisy spinning. That's huge! End hijack
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-15-2015, 10:32 PM Reply   
or just register your boat out of state. problem solved
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-16-2015, 3:14 PM Reply   
I put mine on I thought it looked sweet!
Old     (WakeWise)      Join Date: Jun 2014       04-16-2015, 7:25 PM Reply   
I'm with Grant. I hate stickers on my boat..but alas it's on there.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2015, 11:39 PM Reply   
I put mine on last year, cops on the delta look for any reason to pull you over. Such bs because I have never been checked, yet i'm clear of mussels now.. apparently.