Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    lascott            01-11-2004, 5:32 PM Reply   
I was just watching this show and noticed an 04 red xstar chilling at their dock. Also they've got some wakeboards in their house. How lucky are they?
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2004, 6:28 PM Reply   
seven of the most annoying people in the world get one of the pimpest boat .......
that sucks
Old     (bog)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-11-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
mastercraft should think of sponsoring a target audience that is a little more likely to spend 60+K on a boat!
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2004, 7:11 PM Reply   
It's the '03 Pro Tour boat that burned in the SD fires. You guys are a little behind the Wakeboarder.com crew, they picked that up last week!!

(Message edited by kstateskier on January 11, 2004)
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-11-2004, 7:21 PM Reply   
so its an x2? big difference
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-11-2004, 7:30 PM Reply   
No it's an X-Star, an '03 X-Star, not an '03 X-2.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-12-2004, 9:21 AM Reply   
Nick-
Wakeboarder.com picked that up last week? Guess they are a bit behind us. Sept 5, 2003 the "wakeworld.com crew" mentioned MTV real world had the 03 X star parked in their slip. So what do we win?

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/81114.html
Old    tattoobling            01-12-2004, 9:38 AM Reply   
Were any of the "Real World" cast in the boat when it burned? I'm just kidding. Even though those 3rd rate actors are annoying as hell and the name of the show is classic false advertizing, nobody deserves that.

Now let the website wars begin. Wakeboarderonthenetallthetime.com sucks!
Old    whitechocolate            01-12-2004, 9:52 AM Reply   
Hey Jim: Dont you think they got there target audience, I mean you and I know about it. I think MTV is shooting for the 18-35 year old's? I thnk way more people will see the 03 Xstar than you would see on the Vortec Power hour, And When you see Comps on TV you get a quick glance at the boat hardly a review, I mean just imagne if The real world cast took that thing out all the time and Partyed on it, You Know how many more people would see/know that boat, That Advertising
you could not buy. IMO it was a smart move n their part, We will see, They might only use it 1 or 2 times, in any case the Boat is a Promo boat thats what it's used for Promotion,

And on another Not did any catch the WWA collage national where the top 4 teams won The use of a boat for there collage for a Year. This is how it went.
4th place won a SUPRA
3rd Place wone a Malbiu
2nd Place won a SAN
1st Place Won a X star

Nick: it does sound like the 03 tour boat buy the waht he described it in the link above.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-12-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
Grant,

The thing that makes no sense is the WWA College Nationals has about a third the participants as the NCWSA College National Championships. I think this is the only place wakeboarding has not already jumped water skiing. I'm surprised the boat companies had not already hit the NCWSA years ago, though the WWA is very good at marketing.

Sorry about saying wakeboarder.com saw it first.

Old    whitechocolate            01-12-2004, 1:00 PM Reply   
The WWA event seemd to be layed out for Collage students and more for Non Collage students spectator's It was to be held on the beach in FL. The show was on the Vortec Power Hour and they had all the chevy Truck's and Vortec Powerd products displayed. What a great way to introduce there products to Potential buyers, To bad most of the students who were compeating in the event couldn't even afford to fill the boats they won, J/K you know collage student's budjet's,
Old     (tmorefi)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-12-2004, 1:44 PM Reply   
I went to the San Diego boat show this weekend and they are selling the new 2004 loaded X-star for 62k with a 10k CASH rebate after 3 years. Interesting concept. I'm sure they hooked something up for MTV..
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-12-2004, 2:03 PM Reply   
Grant,

I totally understand the college budget! Though you would be quite surprised at the budget of some of these college ski/wake teams, I'm sure they can fill those boats up. Some ski teams run as many as 3 new boats that are not given to them. I think catering to the college market is good though, as these students are going to have the cash 5-10 years down the road and they will remember who supported them back in the day, I know I will.
Old    dholio            01-12-2004, 2:10 PM Reply   
Guys it is too bad that only one boat company came through and the boat they got was a piece of crap
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-12-2004, 2:26 PM Reply   
DJL, what are you talking about?? Elaborate a little.
Old     (prostar205v)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-12-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
DJL, we already know....Correct Craft rules and all other boats are useless....blah...blah...save us please. Take another tour and keep breathing the fumes.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       01-12-2004, 6:11 PM Reply   
i would have agreed last week - before i checked out the new x star. but now i would have to say the new xstar blows away all the new nautys. those 226 and 211 are LAME!! lame!! lame!!
Old    dholio            01-12-2004, 6:22 PM Reply   
Nick,
The condition that the boat was in was junk and I am not going to mention the brand or anything else because I don't want to get anyone else going here.