Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2004, 2:45 PM Reply   
I've heard that you can get a rebate or tax deduction for the tax on the fuel you used for off-road vehicles. I searched the archives, but didn't see anything specific. Can someone give me the info...like a weblink to the appropriate forms?

thx
Old    bobbymucic            01-08-2004, 6:20 PM Reply   
I remember seeing stuff about other states that refund taxes that you paid on fuel that was not used on streets. I guess it is for farm stuff, boats, and off-road vehicles. I also remember that California did not offer the tax rebate for gas used on boats and off-road.

I searched a bit for a web-link again, but couldn't find it.
Old    bobbymucic            01-08-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
okay... I found some stuff

an overview of some rebates are here
http://www.americanboating.org/fueltax.asp

and the specific california law that excludes boats...
http://sam.dgs.ca.gov/TOC/8700/8745.htm

Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-08-2004, 6:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info! even though it wasn't really what I wanted to hear.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       01-09-2004, 9:20 AM Reply   
I believe in California they don't rebabte the taxes, but people who use it for farming equitment buy special gas that does not include the taxes. The state requires the gas to be colored red from what I hear, so the state can do spot checks to see if the farmers are cheating by putting the gas in highway vehicles, like delivery trucks etc. It's a pretty steep fine if they are caught, plus the offender is not able to by the non taxed gas in the future.