Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2013, 3:00 PM Reply   
I have an employee that ran a red light in a company truck i got the ticket in the mail. They are requesting the drivers information! I was just wondering what my obligations are? Has anyone here in California the similar experience
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-19-2013, 4:10 PM Reply   
Jeez. Just pay the damned ticket and stop worrying about it.

Not a lawyer, but I suspect you are obligated to provide the information since the request is from the state. I don't think you can be a shield for your employee.

But seriously, tell him to pay the ticket.

Last edited by CarZin; 09-19-2013 at 4:13 PM.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-19-2013, 4:18 PM Reply   
its a moving violation...gotta put the points on someone's license
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       09-19-2013, 4:22 PM Reply   
In my experience and state, a camera red light ticket is not a moving violation unless you challenge in.

Is this different in California?
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-19-2013, 4:40 PM Reply   
Several years ago my Daughter was speeding and was photographed by the speed van, (at the time she was living at home, and the car was registered in my wife's name), we received the ticket in the mail a week later in my wife's name, she sent back the ticket and said that the picture they had was not her and she was not paying it. They dismissed it.

A friend of mine had the exact same thing happen to them, the ticket was also dismissed, this is in Oregon so it may be different, but read the ticket carefully it may give you an out.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2013, 4:48 PM Reply   
This was my thinking. My employee gets a Ticket and get's a point on his record. Our insurance get's re newed and some how his EXTRA point jacks up our rates.
I know that might be far fetched, But that's what I was thinking. And as far as the state. Why should I have to provide them with information in around about way to "Jack me UP"
They wanna extract $200 plus dollars out of them LET THEM DO THE WORK!
Old     (cassidyb)      Join Date: Feb 2012       09-19-2013, 5:32 PM Reply   
i cant say for sure what the laws are like in CA but this is what i know about camera tickets in colorado. if the driver pictured is not the same as the person that the vehicle is registered you do not have to pay the ticket. in colorado it is voluntary to provide information as to who is actually driving the car. also, while the tickets are strongly worded they are not legally binding until served by a process server, and therefore do not need to be paid unless you are personally served the ticket. additionally, no points are assigned, it is purely a monetary fine. again this is in colorado and may not be the same in CA
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-20-2013, 7:10 AM Reply   
I would send in a photo of yourself with a letter that states it is not you. I would not make it super elaborate. Simple and to the point. Make copies of everything.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-20-2013, 7:17 AM Reply   
Send them back a picture of the exact cash to pay the ticket.
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-23-2013, 10:44 AM Reply   
My buddy got one a few years back, it never had a time or date in which the ticket was due. After a lot of research he found that the police outsourced to some company in Texas (we're in CA), and they just wanted you basically to turn yourself in. He never responded or paid anything. He has had a few tickets after and never had an issue.