Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ettowake)      Join Date: Oct 2009       04-24-2015, 10:47 AM Reply   
Hello!!
As the Topic says i would like to know your opinion about the best kicker you used!!
size, brand or no brand, anything that matters.
My opinion:
I rode several home made kickers from small to giant, but all felt just ok.
or too steep or to mellow never a good balance between the two.
Recently i rode at OWC and used the UNIT kicker (I dont know wich size it is) and i saw a really big diference, iniciating mellow and a good kick in the end and VERY friendly user. Looks more like a wakeboard wake because you can actualy pop off the kicker.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-24-2015, 10:55 AM Reply   
I love the kicker at Velocity Island Park, absolutely boots you but does so super smoothly. Followed by the McCormicks kicker on the outside, which is placed really well and has a good ramp to it. If OWC's inside kicker was placed a little better I'm sure I'd like it more but it's just too close to the corner and I wind up getting killed because the rope takes the corner while I'm still trying to get over. BSR's inclined kickers are a little weird to me but if they're hit right can be awesome. Hydrous (Little Elm) has the same problem as OWC on a much worse scale. The outside kicker is fine but the inside one is so close to the corner that the rope is taking the turn loooong before I'm even close to getting back over on some tricks.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-24-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
a cable pull vs a boat pull are going to be completely different
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-27-2015, 11:54 AM Reply   
The Unit XL kickers at OWC are my favorite. Terminus has them too. If you think the inside kicker at OWC is bad getting to the the corner, the inside kicker at Terminus is 10x as bad.