Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-02-2015, 6:15 AM Reply   
so I found my boat its a 2005 Moomba xlv. the only thing im concerned about is the engine chip says it has 29 hours but the hour meter says it has 150 what would cause this? I spent way more than I wanted too but this boat seems to have everything i think i want. what do you guys think about this make and model/year. thanks.
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-02-2015, 6:22 AM Reply   
have any of you ever used uship and what do you thing about it.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-02-2015, 6:51 AM Reply   
I've used uShip many times for boats. Make sure the carrier has insurance and feedback. make sure the feedback includes good communication as that is key. After you post your boat listing, do not book the first bid... be sure to wait a few days so that you can get the best bid from the best carrier. I've yet to have a bad experience but some are definitely better than others.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-02-2015, 6:52 AM Reply   
Oh, and IMO on a 2005 boat, 29 or 150 hours is barely broken in. I'd be more concerned honestly if the true reading was 29.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-02-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
IMO on a 2005 boat, 29 or 150 hours is barely broken in. I'd be more concerned honestly if the true reading was 29.
+1 on this.... I would be interested to know the real reason why it is so low. Even at 150, that's 15 hours a year... that would be concerning.

....with that said, I love the XLVs, so much bang for your buck!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-02-2015, 11:39 AM Reply   
hook up a scanner to the boats computer chip and it will give you the hours on the engine
Old     (SCfan)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-02-2015, 12:52 PM Reply   
I'd say the computer has been changed. It probably had a bad driver or some other fault and was swapped out 29 hours ago. Most likely the boat has 150. Still very low.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-02-2015, 12:59 PM Reply   
Normally if they don't match the computer is right. Analog hour meters are notoriously wrong. If I had to believe one it would always be the engine computer.

Your situation is unique. Normally its the other way around. Like the hour meter reads 100(super easy to disconnect) and the computer reads 500.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2015, 3:26 PM Reply   
As mentioned the XLV was a ton of boat back then for the cash.

As far as engine not matching hour meter......,in this specific situation my guess would be the engine had a new ECM installed 29hrs ago or needed it wiped clean and the software re installed. Usually is an ECM dies and the dealer is a) able reflash it via their system or B) they just install a new one it won't have the old data. If you send it out to ECM mfg they can usually use their technology pull up the data and reload it on a new one.

I will also echo the very very low use. While it may seem like it's better on its face a boat that site for periods of time from my experience has more "little" issues to deal with.

I have used UShip 5 times. All great experiences. As mentioned communication is key. You really don't getvtomoick exact days so you need to be flexible. Let the bids roll for a little while. It takes a couple days to get an offer. No one wants to be first it seems because they know it will only go down
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-02-2015, 5:37 PM Reply   
ive got one guy who replied almost immediately on uship but the bid is higher than I want to pay so ill wait and see if anyone else responds
Old     (padawaan)      Join Date: Aug 2014       04-03-2015, 6:37 AM Reply   
i can relate to the low use thing, the boat i have now is a 69 glasspar and it was used 3 times by my father in law who bought it new then he put it in his garage unused until 2005 when we got it. it took about 3,000 to get it ready to go replacing all the rubber parts and the gas tank. the dealer is going to take me out on the lake and do a lake check showing me everything works or if i have it shipped they will shoot a video and put it on u tube for me to look over. is there anything else you guys can think of i should have done before i wright the check?
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-03-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
Stroke that check bro!