Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-11-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
My new mastercraft will be delivered soon with 6 of the standard JL cockpit speakers, and 4 JL M770-ETXv2 cans on the tower. The boat will have 3 MHD 600/4 amps to power those speakers, with 2 channels off one of the amps to power the factory sub. I will be adding two JL 12w6 subs and a HD1200/1. So question is, how should I have them powered? MC provides their boats with 2 batteries, I had a similar setup in my previous boat and only added a Kinetik HC 800 before the sub amp. Previous setup was with JL slash amps and never had any power issues. How power hungry are the HD amps? Will I need additional batteries? Whats the recommended power setup for this sort of system?

Thanks!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-30-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
Mike - in short I think your asking two questions. how to power the sub and whats going to be the real world battery situation. Firstly - it looks like your running more efficient amps this time around with the MHD amps. However the Bass zone of the stereo system is going to eat current the fastest. So, the ultimate authority on the need to upgrade the batteries is going to be YOU. and how you use the system. If you sit at the party cove all day and pound, then yes, I'd look at getting back into a fancy battery system like the Kinetics. But if your going to be underway and use your system like many do... your probably just fine. I would look at the battery upgrade as a stage 3. Meaning get your audio system installed then go out on the water and see how you do.

As for connection on the subs. Your going to Parallel the subs onto the sub amp. fairly straight forward here.

cheers!

-Brian
Exile Audio