Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2017, 11:37 AM Reply   
We are in process of buy a golf cart for our new lake house/camper.

I would like to add a stereo using some kind of BT controller.

In my mind it would be BT controller, cheap marine amp, 2 6.5 and maybe a really small sub if I can find room. That's a big IF.

What are some cheap BT controllers that I can run straight to the amp.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-15-2017, 12:05 PM Reply   
Wet Sounds stealth 6 or 10 has BT and keychain remote. I have the 10 on my golf cart and just put the 6 on my dad's polaris ranger. i was a little worried about that since it's a gas motor, but it is plenty loud, as you would expect. They make a "stealth sub" that connects to the soundbar. IMO much easier to install, no permanent holes, easily removable if you want to put it on something else in the future.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-15-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
Well I like the stealth 6 but it is a 1/4 the price of the golf cart it's self.

I was thinking 50.00 for wet sounds Universal BT

80.00 for a cheap amp

40.00 for some cheap 6.5 speakers
Old     (josh_wilkes)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-15-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
I just throw my JBL Flip 2 in the cup holder go
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-15-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
^^ I was thinking the same thing although I have a Bose Mini II. Great sound and can be used for other things too. I bought mine for my car as it has collectors plates and I'm not allowed to put a after market stereo in it.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-15-2017, 9:33 PM Reply   
i have a charge 3 and a flip 3 i use on my golf cart everday at my ranch... i prefer the charge 3 because i can charge my phone and it has better low end, but the flip 3 is louder and fits perfect in the cup holders.. I imagine the flip 4 has improved on the 3 some and is fully waterproof. If your cart is gas you'll want something louder than both those options. Its kinda bulky and not attractive at all, but monoprice.com has a bluetooth party speaker that has an 8" woofer and a tweeter i've been wondering about for less than $100. It has a built in battery and think the amp is 40w which would be impressive. The flip 4 is 14w total and the charge is 20w. I don't like integrated solutions off the battery on electric carts for my use because I need all the battery i can get. I've had to tow it back a couple times, not fun.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2017, 6:01 AM Reply   
It's a gas cart and I thought bought just using a blue tooth speaker too.

But I will have to take the speaker in with me every time we stop to eat at the two restaurants in the community. Or I leave the golf cart at the ramp to go out for the day. I got a 2 year old and I don't need anything else to carry around.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-16-2017, 8:19 AM Reply   
NVX has 3 different bluetooth controllers that look pretty nice for the money.

I'm using a boss one on my 4 wheeler, really didn't want to buy boss, but is works good and has held up to the elements just fine.
You can flush, surface, or handlebar mount it.
https://www.amazon.com/Audio-UBAC30-.../dp/B014QN4RQO
Running a old boss amp I bought 10 years ago and some infinity reference 5.25 coax. Also laying around for a while.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-16-2017, 9:10 AM Reply   
yeah I understand, you don't want to drop the cash on the Stealth 6. For me, I just didn't want to cut holes in the cart to mount speakers and honestly it came down to install (mount and wire) and the fact that i can pull it off when i sell my cart and put it on whatever else i get. good luck!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2017, 10:23 AM Reply   
Brett thanks for the suggestion but I just bought this for 1900 so 600 for the sound bar is a little high.
Attached Images

Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2017, 10:35 AM Reply   
I'm thinking this Wet Sounds BT control hooked the a rocker switch. I think I have an old Kenwood amp that came on my Supra stock. If it will fit it will work. So then all I need is some cheap speakers.

Does this sound like a good plan?????

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/WW-BT-UR

The wet sounds BT is only 50 bucks and I feel a little better about there product for only a few dollars over the boss BT.
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       08-16-2017, 11:01 AM Reply   
No problem! That's a good looking cart and a heck of a deal!
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-16-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
Yea that works good if you control through your phone. I wanted something that I could keep my phone put away and control everything. I think NVX has a version of that for like 20 bucks. JL has one like that too.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-16-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
The NVX one looks nice
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-17-2017, 5:24 AM Reply   
Have you looked into the amp with integrated Bluetooth. I know I have seen a few of the them. Not sure if there are marine options though.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2017, 6:04 AM Reply   
I have but I believe my old Kenwood amp still works. The only reason I took it out is because I needed more power for REV 10's.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-17-2017, 10:21 PM Reply   
I'm running a pioneer single din with 8" pioneer marine speakers in our golf cart. Does pretty good.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-18-2017, 4:30 AM Reply   
I bought a Pyle BT from Walmart.com for I think just under $30 and some pawn shop 6x9's and I'm golden!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2017, 9:12 AM Reply   
Ok seeing that I'm the "Resident" gem car guru! I will say with 100% confidence that the Sony MEX-BT100 (100 watts) $199 or the Sony MEX BT-500 (50 watts) $150 and a set of 6.5 speakers is gonna give you the BEST sound for the $. This is comming from a guy who had a Wetsounds Stealth 10 it was Crazy powerful and Overkill. For my golf cart. In my opinion the W/S Stealth is way way way over built for a golf cart. If you had a side by side or somthing that makes noise You can't beat a Stealth 10' or 6 OR if you wanna build a system in your GC to rock the bock then by all means go for the WEtsounds but in a golf cart they are so quiet you don't need a lot of volume. (Plus you look like a total dousche driving a golf cart blasting music threw the hood)

The Sony you can use the 2 front channels for some 6.5's at 50+ watts each and then combine the rears to run a sub. Do a search on this head unit on you tube. Many people have tested and dyno'd the head unit.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-18-2017, 10:34 AM Reply   
G

You got any tips for cutting a clean whole for the 6.5's

I have one of the Jasper Circle jigs but I think I would have to take the body off the cart. To get enough room to use the jig but that might be my only option.

https://www.parts-express.com/jasper...m_campaign=pla
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-18-2017, 1:29 PM Reply   
I use the Hell out of the Air Hacksaw this is the exact one I use
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002SROQI..._t2_B00004XOT3
This little tool cuts really clean holes or what ever in fiberglass, wood or plastic, Not an effective tool on thicker metal, but it will cut it. I would just use the cutting template that comes with most speakers, trace the whole you need to cut onto the surface and have at it. I find that I can hold the air hacksaw in one hand and a vacuum cleaner nozzle in the other and make zero mess in the process. The higher end air hacksaws vibrate less in your hand making it easier to do precision cuts
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       08-19-2017, 12:06 PM Reply   
I needed an inexpensive BT head unit for my fishing boat. I ended up with a JBL PRV175. I replaced my speedometer with this since I use GPS instead. Its made to fit into the same spot.

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-PRV-175-d.../dp/B00JJXBBSY

Nice and compact. I run it with an inexpensive amp and 4- 6.5's and it rocks my fishing boat pretty good. It has a marine-rated watertight face.
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-23-2017, 10:48 PM Reply   
Blair, call me.....
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2017, 11:42 AM Reply   
Will do!!!!