Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-19-2013, 7:59 AM Reply   
Did you do the interior motor cover yourself?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-19-2013, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_in_ssp View Post
Did you do the interior motor cover yourself?

No I have a friend who runs a marine sail loft and canvass shop. She and my daughter designed it and she made it. It cost me, including the seat, $100 plus a pull whenever I see her on the water. Good deal huh?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-19-2013, 8:49 AM Reply   
Too Sick! I bought a beat-down Malibu my senior year in high school. My dad and I took the whole winter to rebuild it. It was a great family project.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-17-2014, 6:03 PM Reply   
several months later I finally built the rear seat and re-gelled the decks. Carpet on the sides by the wife and new drivers stool. Wrong color but the right seat, ill get it re-covered er er soon... maybe.
4 speakers and an amp away from done.
Attached Images

Old     (Gnargnar)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-17-2014, 8:43 PM Reply   
Good read, nice job.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-18-2014, 12:55 AM Reply   
Great job on this. Seeing the boat in it's original condition, I didn't think it'd turn out this good. Amazing job and definitely inspiring.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-18-2014, 5:16 PM Reply   
Looks good man, should be a nice solid boat! Great work saving one from the landfill.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-27-2014, 6:35 PM Reply   
IT IS FINISHED!
Finally I have no pending projects, no outstanding repairs or upgrades. it is is firgg'n done! Thanks to WW peeps for some amp tuning advise we have seriously respectable audio on board, The bolsters are finished in an ostrich patterned silver my daughter picked out and I really like how they look.

Please take a moment to go back to the start of this thread and see the boat I BROUGHT HOME FOR $400.00.
Attached Images

Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-27-2014, 7:42 PM Reply   
Glad I could help you out with the amp settings. The whole boat looks amazing. I love that you let your kids design it. My dad did something similar with the paintjob and interior on our i/o when we were kids. When your a kid it really makes you feel special and take ownership of it when you helped design and build it.
You're going to all have a blast on it. From one dad to another, you deserve dad of the year award for doing this for them.
Great job!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2014, 5:08 AM Reply   
Truly I could not have done it without you. I just didnt feel like learining something new to be used once and forgotten yet again. It's been a common theme in my life. Like when I learned how to set roof tiles. Never gonna use that one again and here it is taking up all that RAM. LOL.
Glad you like our boat and thank you for the compliments. It was a long row to hoe but worth every bit. I think I blew the budget though. last accounting has me a little North of $6,000. The wake is actually really nice for what we do with it. Really steep, kind of like tripping over a coffee table.
Summer is almost here and I am ready!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       03-28-2014, 11:26 AM Reply   
Looks really good, glad to hear it's all finished. Just curious what the final investment in this was?
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-28-2014, 3:05 PM Reply   
That's awesome for a $400 initial investment.It"s a Nautique!!Any wake pics?Ballast?
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-28-2014, 6:08 PM Reply   
Great to see another old boat brought back to life. And really cool that your kids helped in the design process. Judging by the fact I don't see any skulls, they already have better taste than a lot other boat owners out there. Also curious what the final investment was to turn $400 into a boat for the family.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-29-2014, 6:33 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I lost track of actual accounting sometime last year but a pretty solid guesstimate is $6,300 including a second $400 used trailer.
Ill get some wake pics if the wind ever stops howling and #2 son stops breaking bones.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-29-2014, 7:07 AM Reply   
Do you have any plans for ballast?Say on either side of engine?
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-29-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
I'm thinking about something like this for summer$5,900.00
Attached Images

Old     (sprocketeer)      Join Date: Nov 2012       03-29-2014, 7:22 AM Reply   
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218...arch=&ad_cid=8
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       03-29-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
^^^looks in good shape