Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-19-2013, 9:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
My experience with my 2 X-30s it totally different that was dusty mentioned above. I do agree with him though about preferring to ride only as fast as needed.

I know more about 2006+ X-Stars than some people at MC dealerships, but I'm not an X-30 pro by any stretch of the imagination. This was a 2013 X-30 I rode behind. What differences exist between the year models and what year models were your X-30s? Just curious if my experience of required speed has something to do with the 2013+ vs. older.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       08-20-2013, 6:40 AM Reply   
Yes I am used to riding the faster speeds but if I try it again I will definitely give it a go slower for sure. After riding cable a lot lately it feels like you are flying to go back to boat at 24.5 mph.

And yes that was a nose three (3 shots in sequence). Was trying to give a sense of how the takeoff and landing looked and those were the only clean video stills I got of it. No doubt it gave some decent pop. Like I said I really liked the shape. Not sure there are a ton of better wakes out there and like I said I really want to ride it sacked out.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-20-2013, 8:56 AM Reply   
Hi Dusty, I had a 2012 and now have a 2013. Perhaps the driver didn't have the plate optimized or enough weight? The newer X-30 doesn't' require a lot of speed for a clean wake, especially compared to a lot of other boats I have rode, so maybe something was off on that boat? Personally, with 3-3500lbs, I like it at 22.2, wake is huge and falls aren't as bad for us old guys.
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-21-2013, 5:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Hi Dusty, I had a 2012 and now have a 2013. Perhaps the driver didn't have the plate optimized or enough weight? The newer X-30 doesn't' require a lot of speed for a clean wake, especially compared to a lot of other boats I have rode, so maybe something was off on that boat? Personally, with 3-3500lbs, I like it at 22.2, wake is huge and falls aren't as bad for us old guys.

Thanks for the info. Good chance he didn't have it figured out yet. It wasn't his first wakeboard boat but it was his first Mastercraft and his 2nd time on the water with it. He's no noob but he didn't have everything figured out 100% yet, he was using a preset. Since I'm not familiar with how much difference the plate makes on the X-30 I can't really comment further. I'll probably meet up with them 1 more time this season, so I'll check it out again then.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-23-2013, 1:57 PM Reply   
My shiny creation has arrived!
Attached Images

Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2013, 3:17 PM Reply   
sick
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-24-2013, 6:42 AM Reply   
Wow that is simply amazing. Only downside would be cleaning that black hull.
Old     (beleza)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-24-2013, 10:11 AM Reply   
I hate the new lines of the MC's but i must admit that is one good looking boat! The scheme works perfect.
Old     (gti2lo)      Join Date: Nov 2005       09-02-2013, 3:30 PM Reply   
That boat is absolutely beautiful! The silver metallic to the blk and the red metallic accents
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       10-22-2013, 9:28 AM Reply   
Here's a little lime and charcoal flake/black...
Attached Images