Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       12-26-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
This is how we ride in down south Louisiana
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       12-26-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
That's some dope kneeboarding. Haven't done that in years. Where in south LA do you guys ride?

Here's my contribution to Louisiana riding...

Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-27-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
where exactly are you?
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       12-27-2010, 9:49 AM Reply   
We are riding in the inter coastal canal right outside of baton rouge. We put in at a bar called "back morley"
Old     (red89kb)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-28-2010, 11:03 AM Reply   
Tight kneeboarding, tight wakeboarding, tight wake. Thanks for towing us down there Mike, it was too much fun. Can't wait til next time.
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-29-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
Whats up,
Here is a new video out of Lafayette at Third Coast Cables. Yall should come check it out next summer.

Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       12-29-2010, 4:22 PM Reply   
I never thought I'd say this, but NICE KNEE BOARDING! ;-D Seriously, very cool to watch! I might be moving there very soon...find out next week. If so, I sure hope you guys will help me figure out the Louisiana waterways!!
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-29-2010, 5:14 PM Reply   
the cable park is looking real nice. can't wait till the doctor gives me the go ahead to start riding for real so i can come shred the park
Old     (red89kb)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-30-2010, 5:40 PM Reply   
I flew all the way in from PA to ride with those Bayou boys because they are that much fun, and the water is that perfect. The stretch of water from that video is three miles of straight calm water, about 150-200 feet wide. You will not have a lack of calm water riding down there.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-31-2010, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by red89kb View Post
I flew all the way in from PA to ride with those Bayou boys because they are that much fun, and the water is that perfect. The stretch of water from that video is three miles of straight calm water, about 150-200 feet wide. You will not have a lack of calm water riding down there.
Adam Silcio likes this.
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       12-31-2010, 11:40 PM Reply   
i live in north louisana, monroe, anyone close
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-01-2011, 1:48 PM Reply   
there is a huge group in north la, with the majority of it being based around the ULM and LA tech Wake teams. give us a shout we ride all year long. 318-381-2058. Im out in lakeshore and run the board shop at B&L Marine and the ULM wake team .
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       01-01-2011, 3:27 PM Reply   
I met you adam that eveing we went in dillions boat with club and charles, and you got tanked and was falling all ova the place. haha
Me, Dillion and Charles have been riding quite often. Don't know if you remeber but my name is Mike.
Old     (mfenton)      Join Date: May 2009       01-01-2011, 3:28 PM Reply   
I forgot.. Any date yet for this years spring fling??
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-01-2011, 4:08 PM Reply   
june.... will know more exact at the end of the month
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       01-01-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
yo nick my best friends brother is brandon bunch u know him hes with the ulm team i think i know u do u work at b & l????
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       01-01-2011, 9:26 PM Reply   
omg nick dude im coming with my friend monday to b & l to check up ur company recruit!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-06-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Is there anyone that rides in Shreveport, LA? I am kinda itching to get on the Red River once my blown knee heals up and get stronger. I used to ride on Bistineau when I was a kid but apparently the Salivia has taken over and ruined the lake.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2011, 2:36 PM Reply   
I got a buddy who just moved there with a moomba LSV and he knows some people. I know one of his friends has a big malibu. A couple of the guys on the team live in shreveport too.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-06-2011, 3:01 PM Reply   
What team is that? Is there a forum to postup for rides for 3rd's in Shreveport? What is your friends name? Is he online here? It may be 2 or 3 months before I can even get on the water but thought I might be a little proactive. I have actually been behind Mike's boat from Louisiana Wakeboarding a couple of times (met him through Austin Minor). It has been awhile though.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       01-06-2011, 3:50 PM Reply   
Hey Gene! Hope you are healing okay! I found these two sites to be helpful when I was trying to learn more about riding in the great state of Louisiana:

http://www.louisianawakeboarding.com/

http://www.krookedminds.com/
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-06-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Those are both South LA.....
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-06-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Healing nice and slow BTW but saw you have been making some progress.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-07-2011, 7:10 AM Reply   
Gene, Im refering to the ULM wake team. Brandon Bunch is the guys name. he is i guess the kid that never grew up. lol. but he is supposedly building a house over there right now. But i know he rides the red with his moomba a good bit. even in the winter. I just ordered him a drysuit through my shop.

Krookedminds is all but dead last i checked. Megan has done a great job with louisianawakeboarding.com and is no longer just a south louisiana site. I know my whole team is registered on there and so is bunch. If you havent been to it in a while you need to check it out. its much like wake world now with the social community and the forums.

I work at B&L Marine over in Monroe and run the watersports division. If you need to know anything on riding in the state let me know. I can just about get you on a boat anywhere in the state.
Old     (adamsilcio)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-08-2011, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfenton View Post
I met you adam that eveing we went in dillions boat with club and charles, and you got tanked and was falling all ova the place. haha
Me, Dillion and Charles have been riding quite often. Don't know if you remeber but my name is Mike.
hahahah, *****. now i remember. my buddy micah (with the crazy hair) had to drive me home... where i made love to the trash can in my kitchen. i didn't drink for a month.
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       01-10-2011, 11:00 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick, I will go check it out. It has definitely been a few years. Thanks for the info, I may be calling you for Brandon's number in the spring once I am fully rehabbed.
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2011, 12:15 PM Reply   
sounds good Gene. Come down to LSF with us this year too. And i always put on a little free ride and kicker comp over here in monroe on the Ouachita.... maybe one day ADAM will get his ass up here again and ride. and Mike, you better bring the MC this year.