Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (SurfMcCall)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-04-2010, 11:45 PM Reply   
I have a 2000 Elite-V drive. There was no factory ballast so I just added 705lb fat sacks to each rear compartment. Problem now is that my old small green wave is not a large white foam wave. Does anybody know what's causing this? Do I need to add weight in front. Boat is used mostly for surfing.

thanks
Bryan
Old     (Freedafurface)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-04-2010, 11:58 PM Reply   
Hey I have a 2002 Elite V drive. I put my weight on the left since it has a naturally better wake due to the prop wash. Any how I have a 750# fat sac in the compartment on the left of the engine I put my other 750# in the seats on the left and anchored them with some flat style bungy straps. I have a center ballast that is #350. I also found that putting a 450# ballast in the front kept me from being pushed towards the boat while I surf. I keep all my friends except driver on the left. Our rub rail is about an inch from the water on the left. Our swim platform is underwater quite a bit. If you put weight on both sides of the boat you will have a mess on your wave. Hope this will remedy your problem.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-06-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
put all your weight on the side you are surfing
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2010, 9:56 AM Reply   
this boat will produce a really good wave on the port, (left, regular) side, but tilting it over with weight on one side is key. i use 750 in the v drive compartment, 400 under the bench with people sitting on top and a half full bow sac in the nose. 2200 rpms probably around 12 mph (speedo hasn't worked in years)

big show had one dialed and was able to get good starboard wave with the help of a trim tab.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-06-2010, 3:20 PM Reply   
Is that the same hull? Mine was a 2004, 21.5 foot Centurino Lightning.

I takes a lot of weight and the weight has to be as far out board as possible. You need a BTT for a goofy wake.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2010, 8:56 AM Reply   
same hull, the "Lightning" Is the storm series name for the elite V, pre storm the wake package was called "air warrior". things changed a bit in 06 or 07. Its a good little boat for wakesurfing.
Old     (SurfMcCall)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2010, 7:00 PM Reply   
Didn't know about the right side starboard prop wash issue. Thanks. Being goofing foot I'm now trying to ride switch, and have tried riding heal side. So far, not a lot of luck on heal side. Still trying. Is there anyway to reduce the prop wash on the right side? I've tried adding speed, which seems to help but the wave thins out a lot around 13mph.
Old     (masonwakerider)      Join Date: May 2003       07-12-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
"You need a BTT for a goofy wake." http://www.bennetttrimtabs.com/. Its not a hard install if your comfortable with drilling into your boat and doing a little wiring. Im sure there are deals on the internet, or boat salvage yards. Im not sure the size used on that boat though. I have been able to get a sloppy wave on the goofy side with a ton of weight and no trim tab but its not really worth it.
Old     (audionly101)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-12-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
I was able to clean up the goofy wake before my power trim tab was added. But if you overloaded (over about 1100# - 1200# on just that side) the goofy side without the ability to change the plate it would wash out for me. My goofy side set up seems to be 750# locker, 2 85# bricks directly behind driver on the floor with a 400# on top of those and the seat ( long ways, front to back), center factory ballast full 250#?, and about 300# in the bow with only a 150# driver. This seems to be the most consistent goofy set up. If we have more people in the boat I have to shuffle them around to keep about that same amount of lean. Here is a picture with two 200# guys instead of the 400# bag behind the driver and me driving 180#. Total 2050# of about people weight and ballast.
Attached Images