Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-10-2012, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
I'm going off the number up above. How much profit margin do you think is in a boat that size, even if it did cost 30. You aren't building a boat like that for 15 and selling for 20 thinking you'll get a warranty... Sorry, if there was a market they would've sold. There's no blaming banks... It was discussed probably 6 years ago when the X1 came out how there isn't profit in small boat building.

I say wood scmood, when's the last time you heard about a 2001 breaking in half on a double up?
No profit on small boat building? The original X-Star, then X-2, and then X-1 didn't make a profit. They just discontinued the model.
Idk how much a new X1 cost, but that doesn't really hold any water in this conversation. Your talking apples vs. oranges. You couldn't come close to even a year old MC for 30K. No matter what model.
Who else makes a new, wake specific boat, for under 40K even? There is a definite market. I bet if the same hull came back on the market, the resale value of your 2001 would decrease substantially, knowing now you could get the same proven wake hull with brand new equipment (and a possible warranty).