Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-08-2015, 8:21 PM Reply   
I don't even know what to say.. Is this for real?
Attached Images

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-08-2015, 9:09 PM Reply   
It's just the 12th boat in their lineup for 2016.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       11-08-2015, 9:12 PM Reply   
Why not? Not of these boats are really for towed watersports anymore. Make it official and put an outboard motor on there. Although i can see where the surfers wouldn't go for this one.

You gotta admit though, that is a cool seating configuration.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-08-2015, 9:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
Why not? Not of these boats are really for towed watersports anymore. Make it official and put an outboard motor on there. Although i can see where the surfers wouldn't go for this one.

You gotta admit though, that is a cool seating configuration.
Great for a yacht tender with that seating.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-08-2015, 9:36 PM Reply   
That's the new G23/Malibu 235 killer. ;-)
Old     (challengerwake)      Join Date: Mar 2015       11-08-2015, 9:45 PM Reply   
It is a pretty cool concept for commercial and salt water applications. lol bigger version of the old barefoot boats

Last edited by challengerwake; 11-08-2015 at 9:47 PM.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-08-2015, 10:52 PM Reply   
Where do u even put your board on? The outboard just looks like such an afterthought
Old     (ifishok)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-09-2015, 6:10 AM Reply   
This is the "game changer" right here.
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-09-2015, 6:44 AM Reply   
If you put one of the new supercharged 4 strokes on there, it would be a nice quiet boat.
Not for your core riders but that doesn't seem to be the market they are going for now days.
Not for me, but I like it. Love the seating space.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-09-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
Where do u even put your board on? The outboard just looks like such an afterthought

Put it on in the water. Lots of people do that with runabouts and outboards.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       11-09-2015, 6:58 AM Reply   
What do those two bass fisherman need with those wakeboards?
Old     (Tolleson2354)      Join Date: Jun 2015       11-09-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
Its obvious it wont perform like a v-drive/d-drive tow boat, BUT I think every family with ocean front property and teenagers will own one of them just because it will be easy to maintain and (assumingly) affordable. I think they nailed a new market with this one.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       11-09-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
Yeah this is just to be marketed toward coastal and inner-coastal waterway consumers. The outboard and weight distribution will make it better for cruising through choppy water. Personally I don't know who would really want to board through that kind of water anyways but to each their own. Although I can just see a lawsuit coming from the first surfer that gets chopped up. Maybe they should begin marketing this as the "Life Changer"! I will say though, it seems to be fairly popular over on the TeamTalk forum. Guess there is more of a market for this type of boat than I would have thought!
Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       11-09-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Why is there so much hating going on here?
There are a lot of times when an outboard is the best option.
But there aren't really any cool choices.
Until now.
Very cool!!
Nice job MC. Keep it up.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-09-2015, 8:20 AM Reply   
I bet there is a market for this. Bet it ski's great. It also just has a great spacious interior for what I assume is a 20' boat. I won't be buying one, but pretty cool. Bet it is still very expensive....
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       11-09-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
From TeamTalk

The NXT20 Global Edition has been designed with the MasterCraft international community in mind. In many of the emerging markets we serve around the world, these customers are water enthusiasts who want the quality, performance and crossover functionality of a traditional MasterCraft but live where outboard propulsion is prevalent and preferred (mainly due to the water they have access to). So we are introducing the NXT20 Global Edition where legendary MasterCraft watersports performance meets outboard propulsion. It starts with one of the best crossover hulls, mixes in a costal deck layout and then adds the power, speed and shallow water capabilities of an outboard. Ready for coastal recreation and with a perfect pedigree for skiing, wakeboarding, tubing and barefooting, the NXT20 Global Edition brings the fun to coastal waters in a big way.

So stay tuned. You will see more of this boat, especially since we will be introducing it to our dealers at the upcoming MasterCraft Dealer Meeting.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-09-2015, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
From TeamTalk

The NXT20 Global Edition has been designed with the MasterCraft international community in mind. In many of the emerging markets we serve around the world, these customers are water enthusiasts who want the quality, performance and crossover functionality of a traditional MasterCraft but live where outboard propulsion is prevalent and preferred (mainly due to the water they have access to). So we are introducing the NXT20 Global Edition where legendary MasterCraft watersports performance meets outboard propulsion. It starts with one of the best crossover hulls, mixes in a costal deck layout and then adds the power, speed and shallow water capabilities of an outboard. Ready for coastal recreation and with a perfect pedigree for skiing, wakeboarding, tubing and barefooting, the NXT20 Global Edition brings the fun to coastal waters in a big way.

So stay tuned. You will see more of this boat, especially since we will be introducing it to our dealers at the upcoming MasterCraft Dealer Meeting.
This is really a great compromise for shallow water boaters. As a former coastal boater running through 2-3 feet of water at times, I could never have operated an inboard in those conditions. With changing tides and moving shoals, it can be unpredictable and running aground is actually somewhat common. Actually, as an irresponsible teenager, I ran my boat up on ground all of the time. It's really not such a big deal in an outboard boat. I know most of the people on this forum are probably inland boaters with predictably deep lakes, but not all waterways are that way.

This is clearly not intended to replace anyone's inboard boats. It simply provides an option to coastal and international customers who want a watersports boat with an outboard. It won't sell at large numbers, but it helps MC grab some portion of marketshare in an area where they have zero right now.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 11-09-2015 at 9:18 AM.
Old    rullery            11-09-2015, 9:49 AM Reply   
Growing up we had a SeaRay Ski Ray with an outboard, so same concept as this. What I can say that it handled more like a sports car than any VDrive I have ever driven. That thing would blow everyone out of the water if you punched it and you didn’t have a good grip. I know I’ll get all sorts of backlash saying this kind of thing on here, but I absolutely loved driving that thing. Plus you could run it up on shore, shallow water was no problem, and the best part was you could back it up through a maze of docks if need be. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still own a Vdrive from now on, but you gotta admit an outboard has plenty of advantages.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-09-2015, 9:50 AM Reply   
It would look better with a Seven Marine 557 on the back.
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-09-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
This is clearly not intended to replace anyone's inboard boats. It simply provides an option to coastal and international customers who want a watersports boat with an outboard. It won't sell at large numbers, but it helps MC grab some portion of marketshare in an area where they have zero right now.
This...and why not? While I am an MC owner, I do like pretty much like all the boat manufacturers. I am for any or all of them to try and figure out ways to make themselves more stable, sustainable or expand their business to a market in which they are currently not in. I mean if Malibu started making pontoons, or Nautique started making bass boats...the more power to them.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-09-2015, 10:19 AM Reply   
That's a cool boat. For a multi sport, cruise, fish, dive boat it ticks a lot of boxies
Old     (kronoss)      Join Date: Oct 2010       11-09-2015, 10:29 AM Reply   
Honestly, depending on price, I would be all over that.

There are so many benefits to having an outboard, maintenance, engine dies, you just swap it out easily, etc.
Old     (alexair)      Join Date: Oct 2008       11-09-2015, 11:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
It would look better with a Seven Marine 557 on the back.
Yeahh! Maybe 627 will be better! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yun1kpHi-Qs

Last edited by alexair; 11-09-2015 at 11:09 AM.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       11-09-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
So with this engine option is it "45k all day"???
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-09-2015, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
This...and why not? While I am an MC owner, I do like pretty much like all the boat manufacturers. I am for any or all of them to try and figure out ways to make themselves more stable, sustainable or expand their business to a market in which they are currently not in. I mean if Malibu started making pontoons, or Nautique started making bass boats...the more power to them.
Nautique has been building high end walley boats for years under Yar Craft.
https://www.yarcraft.com

Not to surprising in the MC side. I like the smooth integration mount of the outboard they used. Let's not forget the original NXT 20 design. It's specs were all based off fitting inside a shipping container to be shipped internationally. They also had the CSX center console edition which ultimately made a great wakeboarding hull and was the premise behind the X25 hull. There's definitely still a market out there for outboard towboats. It's even slimmer than closed bow ski boats tho.

Last edited by xstarrider; 11-09-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-09-2015, 3:45 PM Reply   
Again though... Where do u put your board on at??
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       11-09-2015, 4:07 PM Reply   
Hey Mase we get it, you don't like MC.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-09-2015, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
Again though... Where do u put your board on at??
Its not a wakeboard boat. So with that being said, you either balance on the swim step or you put it on in the water breh
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-09-2015, 5:01 PM Reply   
Where's jet ranger when you need him. That thing is clearly a tuna trawler
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2015, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 501s View Post
Hey Mase we get it, you don't like MC.
It's safe to say that is the case. I bet if nautique did the same thing his pants may be wet.

If it's not a G it's nothing... This should be the new motto for Wakeworld even though a quarter may own one.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-09-2015, 7:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
It's safe to say that is the case. I bet if nautique did the same thing his pants may be wet.

If it's not a G it's nothing... This should be the new motto for Wakeworld even though a quarter may own one.

I would argue if it doesn't surf it's nothing these days.

I do take offense to the later of that comment tho. So because you don't own one of the new 100k boats you can't comment on the perormance? Is that the new elitist, my stack is taller than my wake jump, look at my pocketbook approach? Most people have friends who they regularly ride with that own "other" boats. Core riders ride at tourneys behind flagships as well...I spend just as much time in a 3rd gen star as I do my 210 does that mean I have no knowledge or insight into its performance and attributes? I used to spend a ton of time driving flagships for local comps and events...... again does that mean because I don't own it I can't comment on it? Spend a good chunk of time in a G21 as well. Does that mean I can't comment on its performance either? Get the drift?
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-09-2015, 7:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I would argue if it doesn't surf it's nothing these days.

I do take offense to the later of that comment tho. So because you don't own one of the new 100k boats you can't comment on the perormance? Is that the new elitist, my stack is taller than my wake jump, look at my pocketbook approach? Most people have friends who they regularly ride with that own "other" boats. Core riders ride at tourneys behind flagships as well...I spend just as much time in a 3rd gen star as I do my 210 does that mean I have no knowledge or insight into its performance and attributes? I used to spend a ton of time driving flagships for local comps and events...... again does that mean because I don't own it I can't comment on it? Spend a good chunk of time in a G21 as well. Does that mean I can't comment on its performance either? Get the drift?

Join the rest of America in taking offense to everything someone says.

I see your point but it just so happens that not everyone on here is just like you.

The majority of wakeworld doesn't ride behind a G but they feel as if they are pros on the boat, that's where I'm coming from. I don't care what people own but when you get on a site and talk about a boat that you have little to no knowledge on like we mostly see then yes I do care. WW Is quick to judge with little to know experience.

Instead of constantly talking how bad a boat looks or ask WTF Is mastercraft doing maybe take some time to research or investigate the boat. They are trying corner a different market. Owning a MC I don't really care for it but if it helps the company as a whole then so be it.

Look at the the new Malibu lost. People haven't even seen the boat or detail and constantly saying its terrible
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2015, 10:21 PM Reply   
Just snapped a shot of some new Salt Water Edition Mastercrafts. Boo Yaaa
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       11-12-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
4 350s! bet that will pull your tube like a boss!!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-12-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
350's??? Lets talk about quad 627's!!!!
Attached Images

Old     (riddick)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-12-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
Is this the new outboard MC has been working on/talking about for 2+ years?

I can be available for a VP position (only if the stock options are worth it) over there if any Mastercraft guys are reading this thread. This isn't 1995. Are you telling me that in the early 2000s, theses same markets were not needing a boat like this? Why did everyone go away from this? Bottom-line, Mastercraft is betting this thing will sell because of the name on the side of it. That is it. Innovation is lacking, and I could make this thing something other than a joke in 10 years. Call me Mr. McNew. You will thank me later.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       11-12-2015, 2:33 PM Reply   
Damn... Savage
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       11-13-2015, 9:01 PM Reply   
Yeah...sweet pic Migs. That is one bad Azz looking rig. Not for everyone but sure is cool to look at.
Attached Images

Old     (Kjkimball)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-14-2015, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quad 627hp from Seven = $2508hp
Quint 400R from Merc = 2000 hp

Amazing amounts of power. Of course we are talking about close to $400,000.00 is engines on each boat. One 627 is around $90k.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-15-2015, 12:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjkimball View Post
Quad 627hp from Seven = $2508hp
Quint 400R from Merc = 2000 hp

Amazing amounts of power. Of course we are talking about close to $400,000.00 is engines on each boat. One 627 is around $90k.
Mercury Verado 400r can be had for under $25K at a couple dealers.
http://www.proboats.com/new_vehicle_...=586&DispType=
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       11-15-2015, 4:41 PM Reply   
There's a market. Lots of places have only salt to boat in. Outboard is just easier. Personally I don't see the big deal as with closed cooling you just replace the manifolds and risers as needed... But some will sell. Probably more tourist trap places to have working boats rather than individuals, for easier maintenance and engine replacement.I'm curious to see the hull shape and wake as compared to a typical inboard.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-15-2015, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
There's a market. Lots of places have only salt to boat in. Outboard is just easier. Personally I don't see the big deal as with closed cooling you just replace the manifolds and risers as needed... But some will sell. Probably more tourist trap places to have working boats rather than individuals, for easier maintenance and engine replacement.I'm curious to see the hull shape and wake as compared to a typical inboard.

In many coastal locations, shallow water is common and outboards are WAY easier to handle in shallow waters.

I think you're right on the outboard maintenance though. You can swap an outboard in an afternoon.