Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
I like this!
Attached Images

Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-18-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   
Looks Maliibu ish....... Looks real nice.
Is it a new sanger dash or what?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-18-2010, 1:40 PM Reply   
Looks MB Sports(ish)?
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-18-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
???
Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-18-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
Very close to Malibu
Old     (flattirenotube)      Join Date: May 2007       08-18-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Axis?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-18-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
I see a scorpion over on the throttle........................
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-18-2010, 2:17 PM Reply   
^^^ What he said.

m-
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-18-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
New v226 dash?
Old     (DMeyersLT)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-18-2010, 2:30 PM Reply   
I can't wait for mine to get here!!! All black with red stiching.. It's going to be sweet...
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-18-2010, 2:54 PM Reply   
I don't like the stereo remotes in the path of the throttle (looks like it will be right under my wrist while driving), I don't like the push button on/off (give me a key I can shut off when the rope or otherwise starts getting wrapped up in the prop), the layout looks clean.

In general I still prefer analog gauges. I have yet to be in a boat with one of these systems where all of the features work properly. Everytime there is something about the ballast, the stereo, or other fancy feature that simply does not say what it should say or do what it should do.

Last edited by mikeski; 08-18-2010 at 2:56 PM.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       08-18-2010, 2:56 PM Reply   
Brett wins and I know Dennis can't wait for his.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-18-2010, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamkj View Post
I like this!

I'm sure you do it's a straight up copy of the Malibu dash, not similar but a straight up copy.
Old    SamIngram            08-18-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
Is a that a picture of the new drivable dock?
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2010, 3:31 PM Reply   
Yeah thats the same throttle arm as on the V226's that have been posted lately. Plus with all the dash talk I figured it was a V226. Looks good.
Old     (TheSarge)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-18-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
Is this the new instructional game on how to teach people TO powerturn?!!
Old     (britshorty)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-18-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
+1 to liking a key. There is something very reassuring about turning an engine off in a situation as well as being able to remove it for ultimate security. How are these push starts working? Slide something in to start or bluetooth within 3 foot range style?
Old     (malibuboats4)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-18-2010, 4:51 PM Reply   
http://www.flickr.com/photos/malibub...7606813369501/
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-18-2010, 4:56 PM Reply   
LOL, minus a few different pieces of equipment that is a direct rip off. Probably had some Chinese company do it.

Nice call Nu Bu.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-18-2010, 10:34 PM Reply   
The buttons in front of the throttle I think are for the Merc GPS Tow Controls. Merc has some cool new features I believe too.. re: acceleration etc. I dont think it is as simple as pushing a button to start... I think a key goes is on the right side near the throttle then you turn the key on.. then push the button I would think.

Yeah looks similar to Bu. Maybe it is a Bu?

Just out of curiousity...

What is everybody's favorite dashboard on the market right now?

I found this one.. and thought it was a good blend of simplicity... and some high tech... but not too much.. and just enough... I like simple.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-19-2010, 6:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamkj View Post
The buttons in front of the throttle I think are for the Merc GPS Tow Controls. Merc has some cool new features I believe too.. re: acceleration etc. I dont think it is as simple as pushing a button to start... I think a key goes is on the right side near the throttle then you turn the key on.. then push the button I would think.

Yeah looks similar to Bu. Maybe it is a Bu?

Just out of curiousity...

What is everybody's favorite dashboard on the market right now?

I found this one.. and thought it was a good blend of simplicity... and some high tech... but not too much.. and just enough... I like simple.
Not! It's a copy but not as nice as the real deal.
Old     (cwkoch)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2010, 7:15 AM Reply   
Malibu's dash (well, not complete dash, but the instruments) is made by Medallion Instruments. I'm sure any company could work out a deal with Medallion and start using the exact same setup in their boats....

http://www.medallionis.com/Solutions_1.html

Also- the buttons in front of the throttle are for the navigation system you can get as an option from Malibu, or anyone using the Medaillion system. Here's some pics of it in my 2010 Wakesetter.

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-19-2010, 8:05 AM Reply   
I guess using ideas from other companies isnt really a bad thing. It happens in all industries... thats how you get competition. It would be cool if someone could take the built in ballast capacity of an Epic, Interior of a Malibu, Seating Arrangement of an X-Series, the smooth ride of a Sanger, the deep hull of an MB, the Surf Wake of an Enzo... and package it up for under $60k out the door!

Don't know if that will ever happen but I can always dream... more like under $30k though... than I could buy a boat!!! Ahhhh... lets be realistic... under $10k... then I would buy a boat!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-19-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
#1 I like the push button ON and OFF. it's great how its right there so anyone (like the passenger) can turn the boat off in a emergency ect. WAY better than a Key IMO boat's shouldn't have Key's only code's (Im a Natuque Owner with a key pad) so thats why I love it. Plus you have it located on the correct side The left side.

#2 Stereo/ Volume control in the correct Location (left Side). And Don' t make me use your Brand stereo (malibu) make it so I can put what ever I LIKE in that location" a simple Single Din spot for a stereo or Eq will work Just fine thank you.

#3 Standard gauges on the sides. Somthing everyone know's and knows how to work and leave the heads up or LCD display for the boat driver to choose what information he wants heads up. Like a Rear facing camera or perfict pass display or navagation