Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 12:44 PM Reply   
Hey I need your advice. I broke my ankle (talus) wakeboarding 3 years ago and it has never been the same since. It gets better and then & I sort of forget about the injury and then everyonce in a while I will simpley jump wake to wake and land funny and something will just pop in my ankle and then I will be limping for 3 week's. I'm still riding the original bindings that I broke my ankle (Nice Scarecrow's) and i don't know if its superstition but I don't wanna ride in them any more. I have tryed riding in the bindings with them super tight and real loose I have re injured it riding both way's It might have nothing to do with the bindings but I wanna give a new binding a try and was looking for some advice.

Thanks G"
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-22-2006, 1:06 PM Reply   
Yo G, you know I'm going to recomend CWB's, so here it is: try out some of the new Faction bindings. They have a super soft footbed and are really easy to get into and out of.

If actual ankle support is what you need, not just cushion, then try out the Fuses. They are killer for people with bad ankles. They are a really high wrap and have a ton of ankle support. They aren't hingetech, but they still aren't to bad to get into
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 1:45 PM Reply   
Evan thanks: Jason got a pair of the Hingetech and they seem super sweet. I was allready looking at the CWB's but I thought the Zuce's were the ones to get. Ill check out the fuses I did some looking around I saw people were saying the Obrein Zrgon's were real nice for ankle support.

The LF closed to boots look real nice as well
any other suguestions
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       06-22-2006, 2:15 PM Reply   
I read that the 05 Murrays had great ankle support. You might be able to find them on sale and have enough money left to ad LED's.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-22-2006, 2:27 PM Reply   
2005 HL Murrays (Murray is riding them over his '06 models because of the support)
2003 HL Belmonts (Murray's as well)
2004/'05 LF Transits
2005 LF Watsons
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-22-2006, 2:49 PM Reply   
I ride the '05 Murray's and the are great bindings. No pressure points, nice and soft foot bed, and great support. You can probably still get a great deal on a pair at www.grizzly-sports.com.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-22-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
you might want to think about strapping your ankle aswell. ages ago I screwed up mine (not near as bad as you) used a support and strapped it up and it helped heaps. And with the new bindings being so easy to get into, entry shouldn't be a problem anymore either.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 4:11 PM Reply   
I tryed getting into my current binding with a ankle support and it would not work.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-22-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
I would say 05 transits or 05 Murray's.One of those you will love.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-22-2006, 4:35 PM Reply   
Grant, I ride the Zeus' right now and really dig them. Just saying that if you are looking for absolute ankle support the Fuse's are the way to go. Definitely check out the Zeus' though, too. You could easily slip into some of the hingetech boots with a support on your ankle.
Old     (crracer)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-22-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
Hinge tech Zues here.... i love them. Hey Grant im 3 days away from getting out of my wheelchair. Its been a long three months I broke my talus in my left foot and my tib/fib in my right leg. Can u you tel me about your talus injury. What you did for rehab, what worked what didn't. A timeline of the healing/rehab process etc. How it feels with everyday activites and our extreme sports as well. THANKS in advance
Old     (wakeprodigy)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-22-2006, 5:19 PM Reply   
I would recommend the 05 Transits in the narrow version. I've got the Large narrow, and the ankle support is awesome. That being said. I broke my talus 6 weeks ago in these bindings. But no matter what binding you have, if you land just right you could tweak your ankle again.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-22-2006, 5:23 PM Reply   
Ill tray all the Bindings people have talked about.

How do you know what has more support. Will you feel it in the binding, will it feel more stiff does that mean it has more support

Chris: Make sure you take the rehab serious. I was stupid and did my own rehab. Im mite be a pain in the but but its better than this time bomb that I deal with. I cant say for sure that if I went to real rehab I would not be experiancing the same thing. When you break somthing sometimes its never the same.
As far as everyday stuff its fine its only when I re inact my orignal fall does it flare up.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2006, 4:26 PM Reply   
I was on my way to the lake this weeknd and stopped off at Ski World in Castro Valley and had a look at the Hyperlite bindings as well as the CWB's.

I tryed the Zuse and the Fuse and another one (forgot the name) They all fit pretty much the same. I didnt feel like one CWB binding had more support than the other.

I tryed on a Pair of the 06 Murry's and they seemd to do the trick. Once the Boa was tightend down it sinched down & around my ankle pretty tight giving me the support that I was looking for.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-26-2006, 4:40 PM Reply   
For me, hyperlite bindings seem to be the most comfortable and provide the most support. I asked a question a while back of why everyone was so in love with CWB, because I tried on a pair of their Zues's last year and could not handle the way they felt.But may be their bindings really improved in a year. BCP MIke