Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-16-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
I was looking to upgrade from Transits to Ultras and am trying to figure out exactly what the FAST system is vs. the comp plate. Their website explains "easy" to adjust and adjusts every 2 degrees. Can someone explain if you still have to remove the screws to adjust the stance angle or if it has some adjusting mechanism. Thanks!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-16-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
I have the FAST system on my 2006 Minx boots. I might have set mine up wrong but I've found it easier to remove the screws to make adjustments eventhough I thought you wouldn't have to remove the screws after reading and rereading the instructions on the box. If anyone knows a better way...by all means, please post it because I think I might be doing this wrong. Thankfully I don't change my stance very often but if someone else wants to try my board...it would be great to know I don't have to risk losing a screw.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       06-16-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
You are supposed to be able to adjust them by just loosening the screws, but it's a pain at best. You really have to have the right touch. By the time you loosen the screws enough to adjust the duck, you might as well remove them all of the way.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-16-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
Randy - Thanks for posting. That's exactly what I've run into as well. I guess I was just hoping I did it wrong.

I also had to very carefully file the holes a bit on one of the plates because the holes were not large enough for the screws to fit through the holes. A simple solution for what appeared to be holes drilled out by a worn bit (very common in any manufacturing plant that drills metal products).

I still love my Minxies though.
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-16-2006, 10:09 AM Reply   
I figured out the whole problem...

I use to have the same problem with how i would unlock the fast system clamps and it wouldnt move. That was because on the actuall underside of the boot people boltted down the base plate way to hard. I loosed them up a tad.. not to terribly much because i still want them to stay on. Now all i have to do it unclamp them (sitll with the screw in) and i can move them pretty easy.

might help ya...

Jason
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-16-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Jason - Thank you so much...I'll try it 1st thing when I get home from work.
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-16-2006, 10:20 AM Reply   
Tight
Old     (gmhdesign)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-16-2006, 11:14 AM Reply   
I have the teams... and the fast system isn't quite as fast as LF would lead you to believe but still over all I love the bindings... Most comfortable bindings I have ever had. very plush... I don't adjust my stance much anyway.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-16-2006, 11:29 AM Reply   
NOT WORTH IT!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-16-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
I guess the idea is to flip up the lever, adjust the stance, flip down and ride. But, not as effective as they want you to believe. You end up unscrewing them and then screwing them back down. I'm a little peeved with LF right now since I sprained my ankle (minor, but still can't ride) in their Sphynx boot. No support whatsoever. Felt like a thick pair of socks when I fell.

to make matters worse, a friend was riding my deck right after my crash. the right binding moved from 12 degress to about 28 (as far as it would turn) on a hard fall. when he and the board came in the boat, I inspected the bindings and they were still as tight as when he put them on. first time thats ever happened, but still not cool
Old     (nauty_tique)      Join Date: Nov 2005       06-16-2006, 3:52 PM Reply   
Hey Nacho, Check the 4 screws on the bottom of the bindings, supposedly they have a tendency to come loose which might explain why they slipped to the 28 mark and the cam's were still tight. I have the transits, your all right, there not "F.A.S.T." at all, but Once mine were dialed in they haven't been moved since, so it doesn't matter either way to me.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-16-2006, 4:01 PM Reply   
how do you like your Transits overall? would you buy them again?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-16-2006, 6:55 PM Reply   
I would buy 3 pairs of Transits to last me until I cant wakeboard anymore. Theyre the best bindings Ive tried. Really supportive and comfortable. Yeah, the FAST system doesnt work as well as they had advertised, but who cares? I only needed to adjust them 2 or 3 times till I found the perfect stance for me and they havent moved a bit. It beats out any other bindings I have tried (Parks, Era, State, Noise, Sphynx, Ultras, Vargas, Ion)
Old     (kystyle)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-19-2006, 6:17 AM Reply   
I just bought a pair of alphas and rode with them for the first time this weekend. After riding for about five minutes, one of the screws just fell out. Has anyone else had this problem? I had just mounted them so they were pretty tight.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-19-2006, 7:15 AM Reply   
Maybe they were tight but they were not properly put in the hole? Because sometimes i dont "align" them properly and they feel tight, when in reality I havent screwed (sp?) them correctly.
Old     (fergie23)      Join Date: Sep 2004       06-19-2006, 9:28 AM Reply   
Cris - I am seriously considering upgrading from Ultras to Transits--how would you compare them? seems like they will offer much better support and more cushion (I hope). Also, the Ultras are comfortable but my foot does cramp up after several sets. Let me know how you compare the two...Thanks!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-19-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
Tracy - My boyfriend used to have the Ultras and just got the Transits. His ankles are much happier as it is easier to get in and out of them and the footbed is more comfortable. Keep in mind, he was riding the 2003 Ultras though.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-19-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
I would be careful about loosening the scews that attach the boot to the FAST plate, I have seen Sphynx's come apart on several occasions after bad falls due to these screws being loose. The plate would still be on the board and the boot part would still be on the riders foot. I never change my stance so I can't understand the benefit of the FAST system, it just seems like one more thing that can (and in my experiences did go wrong) go wrong.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2006, 10:55 AM Reply   
Whoever think switch from Ultras is an upgrade does not know what they are talking about (lol), Ultras might not be the binding for everyone but they are as good as a binding gets!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-19-2006, 10:58 AM Reply   
Paul - Yes, I agree, the Ultras are a great binding (if you don't already have ankle problems that make getting in and out of them painful). The Transits work better for my boyfriend because of his ankle problems but he used to love how the Ultras felt. It's taking some getting used to but at least I don't have to jump out of the boat and hang off of his board to get him out of his bindings anymore.
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       06-19-2006, 11:16 AM Reply   
Transits are good, I wasn't trying to offend you in any way. Just wanna make a point with the Ultras!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-19-2006, 11:45 AM Reply   
No worries there Paul. Didn't take offense. You've got a good point. They are great bindings, it's just too bad they didn't work out for my boyfriend because once they were on...he loved them.
Old     (stwake)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-22-2006, 2:31 PM Reply   
i have the 06 sphynx and i love then not to tight where i cant move and not to flexible that i move everywhere. i like them alot and dont see i problem.. i do have a problem with the so called FAST system. i just undo the face plate screws to adjust them . i dont change them that much. Nacho how exactly did you tweek your ankle .. it might give me some heads up on what i should look out for