Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-27-2016, 2:50 PM Reply   
Wow! I have to laugh to keep from crying. http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hil...dist=afterbell
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-27-2016, 3:08 PM Reply   
Hillary president and Obama in the supreme court it just doesn't get any better than that. . Time for me to find a new country.

Last edited by Froggy; 01-27-2016 at 3:11 PM.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-27-2016, 3:21 PM Reply   
Totally pandering to the Democratic base with that statement.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-27-2016, 4:36 PM Reply   
It might be nice to get a SCOTUS justice who emerged from somewhere other than the Harvard/Yale-->SCOTUS clerk--->DOJ--->Fed Appellate Bench track tho.

There's no reason that SCOTUS Justices must come from only one of two law schools and that they almost invariably have absolutely no experience in private practice.

It might be nice to have people from the real world on the bench. I mean SRSLY does anyone who lives in the real world really think that the bill of rights was meant to apply to fictional persons (corporations/citizens united).

(and yes I realize that B.O., as a Harvard grad, doesn't fit my model well)
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-27-2016, 7:24 PM Reply   
Couldn't be worse than that bible banging Antonin Scalia.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2016, 7:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverRider View Post
Couldn't be worse than that bible banging Antonin Scalia.
Yeah it's a real shame that a Supreme Court justice would ever base his opinions on The Book upon which most, if not all of the constitution was written. Crazy right? Hate much?
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2016, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Yeah it's a real shame that a Supreme Court justice would ever base his opinions on The Book upon which most, if not all of the constitution was written. Crazy right? Hate much?
In the hundreds of pages comprising Madison’s notes on the constitutional convention (and those of the others who kept notes), there is no mention of biblical passages/verses in the debates/discussions on the various parts and principles of the Constitution. They mention Rome, Sparta, German confederacies, Montesquieu, and a number of other sources — but no Scripture verses.

In The Federalist Papers, there is no mention of biblical sources for any of the Constitution’s principles, either... that's among 85 total essays on the subject. The word “God” is used twice in the Constitution, and one of those is a reference to the pagan gods of ancient Greece. “Almighty” is used twice and “providence” three times... but neither is ever used in connection with any constitutional principle or influence. The Bible is not mentioned.

In a May 8, 1825 letter to Henry Lee, Jefferson identifies his sources for the Declaration’s principles. He names as sources: Aristotle, Cicero, Locke, and (Algernon) Sidney — he does not mention the Bible.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2016, 9:10 PM Reply   
Had a feeling I was gonna get owned after posting that, but it's too late to change it. I meant to say the Book upon which most if not all of our original LAWS were based on. Sorry. Long day.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2016, 9:13 PM Reply   
...And thanks for responding in the way that you did-without a bunch of hate speech. Pretty classy for a Seahawks fan. Lol
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-27-2016, 10:10 PM Reply   
Ha! I'm too old and too lazy to hate anybody these days (except Bruce Arians maybe... but come on, have you seen the way that guy dresses?)

I like a good debate on just about any subject, but you won't see me making it personal.