Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (lacofdfireman)      Join Date: Aug 2014       07-18-2015, 10:08 AM Reply   
So we are out at Lake Powell and can't get our Right Side Surf Gate to engage. (Extend) The left side works as designed. We went into the Computer to the Maintenance service mode which allows you to extend the gates and calibrate and the Left will extend and retract but the Right does nothing. Anyone have any trouble shooting ideas? Are the Gates Electrical or Hydraulic? I would assume Electrical but not positive. All I can think is the Ram could be bad. We have had on occasion where we would get a Gate Fault code but it would do it for a few runs then not come back for a few weeks. Now all the sudden it doesn't work at all. I'm stumped. Also is there any maintenance I should be doing for these Surf Gates?
Old     (HushPuff)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-18-2015, 6:56 PM Reply   
they are electrical rams... Likely an electrical connection issue with them? I have had problems (Same boat) with the left and right side retracting... seems if I drop to neutral too quickly when the rider goes down I will get the (surf gate retraction) warning no matter which way I turn around to pick up the rider. I have not had any experience with the gate not going out... when you flip the switch to the side you want does the gauge say "right ready" ??? if not, I would suspect switch problems but being the most complicated system on a non-complicated boat, I don't know where you'd start.

If it dosn't say "right ready" before you're above 7mph I would check the connections in engine compartment, they are (i think) the green and black wires below the exhaust outlets.

Let me know how it turns out. Surfgate, while amazing, has been a small nightmare on my boat.
Old     (nittyp)      Join Date: Aug 2014       07-19-2015, 12:00 AM Reply   
I've had some issues with the port side gate. I too have a 2014 A24. I recalibrated it twice in a row and it retracted back in from the stuck out position. I haven't had a problem with it since, but we don't do a ton of surfing.. So it may act up again i'd guess, since there was no reason it should have gotten stuck out in the first place.