Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       05-25-2015, 3:36 PM Reply   
Old     (masongardner)      Join Date: Jan 2014       05-25-2015, 3:54 PM Reply   
That's crazy! He makes it look so easy.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-25-2015, 3:58 PM Reply   
Ah thank you. I was just going to see if I could find a video of his run.lol.
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       05-25-2015, 4:04 PM Reply   

Full ride here
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2015, 8:52 AM Reply   
Phil had to ride after Harley. Can you imagine?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2015, 12:50 PM Reply   
of course they did. Mastercraft did the same when people started stomping 1080s on the pro tour. Now their golden boy just had the ride of his life behind another brand. I love it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-26-2015, 1:25 PM Reply   
I was watching that live sitting on a delayed flight jumping freaking out! People around me must have thought I was insane.

Next Level, I think we just saw the start of whats to come. It reminds me of the first Snowboard Contest that double flips started happening in, this is going to be a wild year for this sport.
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-26-2015, 1:49 PM Reply   
So nice to see a fluid run with out a bunch of sliders and kickers.. That kid rips
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-26-2015, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
of course they did. Mastercraft did the same when people started stomping 1080s on the pro tour. Now their golden boy just had the ride of his life behind another brand. I love it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. I thought I was the only thinking this.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-27-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Phil had to ride after Harley. Can you imagine?
Hahaha awesome!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-28-2015, 2:58 PM Reply   
I watched this live online, first time doing that for a pro event. It was really cool to watch it that way, even the single shoreline camera angle made it feel like you were there watching it happen. Harleys ride was incredible.... I just do not know what to say about that. I look at freestyle motocross and snowboarding park and pipe, and think that both those are completely unattainable for me, even if I started at age 5, but wakeboarding was different. Although it is still unattainable for me and my lack of skills, it was a sport that I could see someone starting young could break into... Harley's run just shattered that. He moved the bar up so high. It was great to see.

I do feel bad for Phil having to ride after him. You could see it on his face and his body language... he was competing for 2nd place for sure.

Just a thought.... is Mastercraft pumped to have their premier rider throw down a historical run and get all this publicity for him, OR are they a bit perturbed that their premier rider threw down a historical run behind a G and that boat is continually proving itself to be the best wakeboat ever created?
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-28-2015, 9:45 PM Reply   
this is the best video of that run & the G's wake.

http://www.nautique.com/video/video-2015-g23-100/
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-29-2015, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_defacto View Post
Just a thought.... is Mastercraft pumped to have their premier rider throw down a historical run and get all this publicity for him, OR are they a bit perturbed that their premier rider threw down a historical run behind a G and that boat is continually proving itself to be the best wakeboat ever created?
What do you think Harley is training behind in order to do these tricks? an Xstar... and everyone knows that. Whether it was a G, Star or Supra im pretty sure this kids can throw that run down behind any of the new boats running that much ballast.

I highly doubt MC is mad, if anything probably laughing. If the G was the reason for him doing all those tricks, then why aren't the riders that have G's doing things like that?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-29-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
What do you think Harley is training behind in order to do these tricks? an Xstar... and everyone knows that. Whether it was a G, Star or Supra im pretty sure this kids can throw that run down behind any of the new boats running that much ballast.

I highly doubt MC is mad, if anything probably laughing. If the G was the reason for him doing all those tricks, then why aren't the riders that have G's doing things like that?

U really think the only boat Harley ever rides behind is a star unless he is competing???? Guessing this is probably not his first pull behind one, nor his last.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-29-2015, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post

I'd agree that any of the top 3 or 4 or 5 boats will produce a great wake but it takes some adjustment to ride behind each. His run was unbelievable but what makes it even more impressive is that he did it behind a boat he doesn't ride behind every day.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
I don't think anyone was suggesting that those tricks and that run wasn't possible behind another boat. Most of the amazing videos that we have seen of Harley have been behind the Xstar. The fact is history was made behind the competitors boat. And thats what people saw. I'm sure he would have stomped the same pass had he been riding behind his boat. I'm sure that he already has.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       05-29-2015, 8:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think anyone was suggesting that those tricks and that run wasn't possible behind another boat. Most of the amazing videos that we have seen of Harley have been behind the Xstar. The fact is history was made behind the competitors boat. And thats what people saw. I'm sure he would have stomped the same pass had he been riding behind his boat. I'm sure that he already has.
CC did on the first page of their website. lol
Attached Images

Last edited by YYCBoarder; 05-29-2015 at 8:20 AM. Reason: edit text
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2015, 9:42 AM Reply   
haha! yes they did. I was talking about the seasoned wakeboarder/wakeworld member mostly.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-29-2015, 10:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYCBoarder View Post
I'd agree that any of the top 3 or 4 or 5 boats will produce a great wake but it takes some adjustment to ride behind each. His run was unbelievable but what makes it even more impressive is that he did it behind a boat he doesn't ride behind every day.
Pros ride behind all different brands all the time. Don't think for a second he doesn't ride with friends and other pros that have G23s somewhat regularly.

MC has ZERO right to be mad about anything, they pull out of the PWT. This run could very well have been thrown down at any PWT event being pulled by an XStar.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-29-2015, 2:09 PM Reply   
Do you think deep down Harper wishes he had a G over an x-star? Do you think if he wanted to make the jump nautique would jump all over it? Or does he not have that much say in which boat he rides behind?
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       05-29-2015, 8:54 PM Reply   
It's just like any other sport its all about where the money is. If nautique have him enough money he would switch most likely un less he was loyal which he probably is. But I also know other riders where they grew up dreaming to ride for mastercraft but nautique came to the table with more money and that is where he went and now he is loyal to nautique. It's all about the money and they have to take it when they get cause they can't wakeboard for ever
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2015, 3:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yes Jarrod, this is what I am saying. I did not mean to sound like it is the G wake that made Harleys run. I have seen him do all those tricks behind his boat just free riding, except maybe the double back roll at the end off the dub, that may be the first time I have seen that. Crazy thing is I have not seen him hit all those tricks linked up behind his boat when free riding.... It was a contest, in marginal conditions, for a contest the water was really good, but on any other day, not so good. He did not fall.... stomped everything, without a fall. It was incredible. I think he could pull off that very same run in those conditions behind his xstar, and maybe he has when training for this years contests at home, but I have not seen it in any videos online or his instagram.

I can not wait to watch the next contest to see if his competition is able to step up. This is exciting for sure.
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-01-2015, 3:54 PM Reply   
There's gotta be a reason that just about every wake edit that comes out -- except those by riders sponsored by other boats -- seems to be behind a G. Though Harley does land 4 different doubles in Prime I think, double tanny, half cab double, double heel backroll, double toe backroll...I believe behind an X Star. Harley is Shaun Murray's video game come to life. Unreal.
Old     (ak4life)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-02-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
Dude is a beast. Way to raise the bar.

That run puts a smile on my face every time. Never thought Wakeboarding Unleashed would become reality.

It's really exciting where these new boats with giant wakes are taking wakeboarding. The prices though... What the hell am I going to have to do to get one??
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-02-2015, 10:17 AM Reply   
The next PWT is this weekend, can't wait to see what he does behind the Supra. Hopefully he'll drop some hammers and all the G humpers will shut up.
Old     (amsterdamn)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-03-2015, 6:35 PM Reply   
im not sure about you guys but if youre not riding a g then what you are doing is a disgrace to wakeboarding
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-03-2015, 9:24 PM Reply   
That dub wake is just plain SCARY even from a perspective of the boat. Cant imagine what it would look like charging that thing from a rider perspective. I wasn't in an airport like Andy, but my family was wondering why i said "OHH MY GOSH!!!... NO WAY..."

on another note, here at Lake Powell i can count on one hand how many new X Stars i have seen. I have completely lost count of the Gs i have seen though. based on a Lake Powell local stats, the G wins boat of choose by far. biased? maybe, but just sayin'
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-04-2015, 5:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
That dub wake is just plain SCARY even from a perspective of the boat. Cant imagine what it would look like charging that thing from a rider perspective. I wasn't in an airport like Andy, but my family was wondering why i said "OHH MY GOSH!!!... NO WAY..."

on another note, here at Lake Powell i can count on one hand how many new X Stars i have seen. I have completely lost count of the Gs i have seen though. based on a Lake Powell local stats, the G wins boat of choose by far. biased? maybe, but just sayin'
Headed to powell (houseboat out of wahweap) this sunday. How is the weather and water right now? Thanks.
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2015, 11:01 PM Reply   
sorry for a day short reply.

weather has been kind weird this year so far.
crazy snow and fog in January to start off with...

... right now and for the last month or so... if i did not know any better i would say it was monsoon season. there have been more cloudy days than not this last month or so. today (saturday) we got hit with 3 thunderstorms in one day. the day before (friday) washed some mud into the dam visitor center and caused delays on highway. its been crazy. my place of work has had some flooding twice already, which is about as much as the past 5 years combined.

HOWEVER before you turn around or worry,
today between storms in bright sunlight i took my kids on an adventure nature walk around Page to see the waterfalls from the dam and in various places and had an absolute blast. Lake Powell is absolutely serene after or even during rainstorms. the fresh earthy rain smells mixed with sage and other desert flora. the heightened and brightened colors and running water and falls. just amazing!!! It could make for some amazing memories and footage if you get a day like we had today. IM TOTALLY THINKING RANDALL HARRIS RIDING PART IN BLACKLIST RIGHT NOW.

Im willing to bet these storms will be headed out by the time you arrive.
if you do get storms they will likely be quick.
always be on the look-out for gray clouds... weather can be unpredictable and change on you quickly. Likewise be on the ready for sunshine and calm waters inbetween.

have an unbelievable time man!!!
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-06-2015, 11:09 PM Reply   
water is a bit cooler than usuall because of weather. will be glassy between storms if you get any storms. if cloudy as it has been the days will be super comfortable as far as air temp just chilling. if there be sun then put on the sunscreen or have your flesh burn right off your bones... man... gota love it. be prepared. same goes for anyone else.

I cant wait to see what the true ":monsoon season" brings. this years weather has got me baffled. ill post some pics later of snow. the fog paired with it shutdown our local airport several days
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-07-2015, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakerider111 View Post
water is a bit cooler than usuall because of weather. will be glassy between storms if you get any storms. if cloudy as it has been the days will be super comfortable as far as air temp just chilling. if there be sun then put on the sunscreen or have your flesh burn right off your bones... man... gota love it. be prepared. same goes for anyone else.

I cant wait to see what the true ":monsoon season" brings. this years weather has got me baffled. ill post some pics later of snow. the fog paired with it shutdown our local airport several days
Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate your reply. We head out in a few hours... it has been 20 years exactly since I last went to Powell. I am so pumped I get to share this place with my kids!!! And we are heading out from Wahweap...
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-07-2015, 10:35 AM Reply   
Snow is not crazy as far as snow itself goes, but it was bad for lake Powell area standards. We r not equipped to plow or handle this kind of snow.

Couple pics from yesterday. Sunny with the waterfall then 1 hour later another storm approaching from the west that my girls. We're looking at on the bench

... anyway. Thanks everyone for putting up with the hijack
Attached Images

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-08-2015, 6:54 PM Reply   
MC is not mad.

How soon we all forget:

from AVE on Vimeo.

Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-08-2015, 6:54 PM Reply   
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-09-2015, 4:32 AM Reply   
Vinny. Just curious what's the point of your post? What statement are u making?
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-09-2015, 3:50 PM Reply   
i think the point Vinny is making is that Harley did a crow9 behind the xstar and not a nautique. Even I had forgotten about that trick. haha
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-10-2015, 4:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Dad View Post
i think the point Vinny is making is that Harley did a crow9 behind the xstar and not a nautique. Even I had forgotten about that trick. haha

Ok I could only get tapatalk to show 1 of the links and in that one I didn't see any doubles.
Old     (burban89)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-10-2015, 5:57 AM Reply   
They also show him throw a double but they dont show the landing in that video.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-11-2015, 3:59 PM Reply   
Hey Ron, sorry for the delay.
Thanks Mr. Clifford for picking up on my point.

I don't think MC is upset at all simply because Harley's MC endorsement means that "he prefers a Mastercraft"
all he has to do in this situation is simply say "if you think that was great, you should see me behind my X-Star"
or "yeah that was a once in a lifetime run but the X-Star made learning that stuff a breeze"
and it promotes MC's boat as a superior product.

Harley has done wonders for MC and things like the Crow 9 that have literally only been done behind an X Star are worth more to the brand than anything else.