Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    9Drozd            02-17-2013, 12:53 AM Reply   
With regards to the Vandal pictures and a wake comparison, has anyone realized at some point, that the dude rides at like 28 mph and 95 ft back. at that speed, any sacked out wake will look small in comparison. Food for thought.

Edit: After posting, i realized myself someone had mentioned this previously. I guess i missed it.

Last edited by 9Drozd; 02-17-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-17-2013, 3:38 AM Reply   
Jet, some people on this site can't be reasoned with, so don't even try, especially in a thread directed about their particular brand of choice. That being said, there's sort of an unwritten etiquette on this site that if a thread is directed by the op to a particular brand, and the op doesn't ask about other brands, you don't jump in the thread and start discussing a different brand. When people follow that rule, it makes thing run a lot smoother, because everyone is naturally biased towards their brand of choice.

Some people, who are established members, still ignore this rule, and tend to get called out for it, and it almost always derails the thread. Try to save the cross brand comments for threads where the op is asking for info on multiple brands or for suggestions on boats from a variety of brands, or start your own thread. Yes, I understand that it is annoying to read some posts and sometimes you just have to clarify a point in a brand x thread, but I usually try to avoid doing so unless another poster opens the door by mentioning brand y. Even then, I usually refrain, unless there is an egregious misstatement that need to be clarified.

Robert, I am curious, what boat models have you owned, and which do you feel produced the best wakes? I'm just curious, because my take on tige is similar to Johnny's.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-17-2013, 5:34 AM Reply   
In my comment about JetRanger i was referring to the fact he joined WW on FEBRUARY 15 2013. i.e. new to the site.The age and wake boat questions were to see what kind of wake experience he had.My questions were answered.As for Chatt ........... I left you a million dollars in wrapped twenties along with my answer in the ............. section on the.......................website.As for Johnny he said Tige's have nice wakes.All i'm saying is "What tricks can you do on a similar sized other brand boat that you can't do behind a Tige with the same Ballast weight?"
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-17-2013, 5:55 AM Reply   
Robert, you said you owned a bunch of different boats, I'm just curious what boats you owned. Sorry if that question somehow upset you.
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       02-17-2013, 6:06 AM Reply   
Man, I step away for a day and it got interesting around here.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-17-2013, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
Robert, you said you owned a bunch of different boats, I'm just curious what boats you owned. Sorry if that question somehow upset you.
It didn't upset me.I've owned three different makes of boats.My statement was i've owned and ridden behind most every brand.I should know by now my opinion doesn't count unless i'm at my home lake face to face with someone.In a virtual world anything is up for debate...........................Endlessly.:rolley es:
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-17-2013, 8:27 AM Reply   
After dropping that "list" I was surely thinking this was the third incarnation of TroyD.

I just think its ridiculous you can generalize an entire brand. And with the SA how can you out supra on the bottom of the list? That boats supposed to have one of the best wakes to come out. And axis? They make a huge wake affordable?...Some boats certainly stand out more than others(g23, gen 2 star, etc.) but c'mon... Each line has highlights in different segments, you can't just generalize an entire brand.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-17-2013, 8:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
After dropping that "list" I was surely thinking this was the third incarnation of TroyD.

I just think its ridiculous you can generalize an entire brand. And with the SA how can you out supra on the bottom of the list? That boats supposed to have one of the best wakes to come out. And axis? They make a huge wake affordable?...Some boats certainly stand out more than others(g23, gen 2 star, etc.) but c'mon... Each line has highlights in different segments, you can't just generalize an entire brand.
I agree and apologize. And I guess the other issue with generalizing an entire brand is that some models are built for a different purpose other than strictly wakeboard, so I'll admit the list was not a good idea. And again, those are just my opinions and though I've boarded my whole life I'll agree I don't necessarily have the wake industry experience that many here have. Peace.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-17-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
Chattwake I've made my way around some of the big wake boats and spend A LOT of time in xstars, and x25s, have ridden several tiges and g23, an x15 and a couple other boats.
My favorite wake is the gen 2 xstar, it's just a perfect wake no matter what way you slice it so long as you add enough weight, it pulls the pro tour and its obvious why and Im sure I don't need to describe it to all. You hit that wake and just float.
Second is close but I'd say the rzr. The boat is sensitive but for a very small boat the wake is meaty with 2-2.5k, it drives nimble, the wake is about as hard as the xstar but has a major league lip after a long transition you get absolutely KICKED. It pulls the Australian pro tour despite its size
Third, would be the x25. Great wake in stock form nice transition, medium lip, hard wake, not sensitive side to side. Great wake all around. Th reason it's not second is because the wake is SO hard that if you load it up that lip becomes almost abusive to land on if you're a touch short and its not as forgiving. Best stock wake I've ever ridden hands down.
Old     (Tony711)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-17-2013, 10:16 AM Reply   
This thread got hijacked quick.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-17-2013, 10:23 AM Reply   
Anything brand or boat specific thread seems too.

Everyone is brand loyal and some of that comes out as bashing. There seems to be many on here that feel like if you don't own a Nautique, Mastercraft, or Malibu you are a less form of life. IMO

We bought our Tige because it was the best boat for the money in our area. I have never claimed it is the best boat or has the best wake. I will be the first to say its not in the same league as the Xstar or G23. I also paid half or what they cost and for my family it will work excellent. I have said it on here before and will say it again, if I was filthy rich(Jetranger style) there would be a G23 on my boat lift!!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-17-2013, 1:51 PM Reply   
Simple, come down to So Cal please. I need to ride your boat. I agree with your opinion about the Gen 2 Xstar you are referring to...(isn't it Gen 3, the gen 2 is the v drive 205... right? Cuz the new xstar is the Gen 4... Im confused, but I know you are referring to the 04-12 xstar). Best wake I ever rode behind, had 4500 lbs in it that i know about, great great wake. If the RZR is second, then that has got to be an incredible wake and I want to ride it. My second fav wake, and is sooo very close to the xstar I rode, is a 05-08 VLX or Axis A22 (same wake to me, although I am sure great riders can tell a difference). Set up the bu or A22 with no wedge and throw 4000 in her, 50/50 distributed, and viola.... you have a poor mans Xstar in my opinion. Not gonna lie, rather ride the Xstar, but do not want anything else to do with that boat.... price, cabin noise, crappy handling, fuel consumption, small cab, chili dipping the bow... but the wake is incredible and the boat is flat out sexy on the water.

So road trip this summer?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       02-17-2013, 2:53 PM Reply   
Sure hahaha! i haven't ridden any malibu/axis/supra yet and most of it is personal preference according to wake shape, and its not by any means a HUGE wake by big boat standards but if you check my profile picture you can see the shape pretty well. my dealer told me 2 weeks ago that he thinks its the best shaped/cleanest tige wake. the gen 2 star is leaps and bounds better than rzr but rzr is close to 25 in my heart. like i said i just don't love a loaded 25.
anyways heres another shot.
Old     (carolina)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-17-2013, 3:42 PM Reply   
How does one begin a thread?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-17-2013, 3:53 PM Reply   
Go to the main page for boats, wakeboard, wakesurfing, whichever. NEW THREAD(round in blue) button is towards the top of the page above where the topics list starts.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-17-2013, 3:59 PM Reply   
"guys will bash a Nautique's or Mastercraft's wake"
Not sure about the Mastercraft, but how are they going to bash the Nautique? That boats wake throws you way too far up in the air!
Old     (carolina)      Join Date: Feb 2013       02-17-2013, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman74 View Post
Go to the main page for boats, wakeboard, wakesurfing, whichever. NEW THREAD(round in blue) button is towards the top of the page above where the topics list starts.
Thanks, I missed the obvious.