Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-26-2007, 11:38 PM Reply   
Ok so since this is m first full year with my new boat since before I owned a centurion and only had it the end of one summer and the begginning of another summer then sold it. So this is my first real summer with my boat and I am checking out different places to camp and I want to know about tulloch lake? How big is it. Rates, reviews etc. Any info would be great. :-)
Old     (deltardr)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-27-2007, 5:59 AM Reply   
Lake Tulloch is fine if you want to get up and be in the water at 6am. On the weekends it is absolutely over run by PWC. Camping is up on the hill on the south shore. Its a pretty small campground area. Most of the sites are level but some are on a slope.
The lake is small in comparison to Don Pedro which is 15 miles away. There have been days where we pulled the boat out at Tulloch and just drove to Don Pedro. Like I said, to get good water, be up at 6am. After 10am, it gets choppy. But for the best water head to the north shore, take a left away from the houses, all the way down to the inlet before it bottlenecks. North shore- there is a hotel there and a place to get gas, snacks and stuff. Hotel is expensive per night. There used to be a nice rope swing under the bridge but they took it down. Lake Tulloch is okay during the week, but we prefer Don Pedro.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-27-2007, 7:13 AM Reply   
Go past tulloch a few miles and go to Don Pedro.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-27-2007, 7:37 AM Reply   
I agree with Rick and Doosten. Tulloch gets very crowded on the weekends. Don Pedro or New Melones would be your best bet.Here's a link for the Tulloch camp area anyway. Have a good time!
http://www.laketullochcampground.com/camping.html
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       07-27-2007, 7:43 AM Reply   
I have been to Lake McClure, Don Pedro and New Melones recently and Don Pedro is the best lake to me. Moccison Point area is where I like to board at. Lake McClure lake is not packed at all, but does get windy.