Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-11-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
Hey Everyone,

If you need gelcoat work done, check out Gary at Sacramento Boat Repair.net (Classic Craft). He did an amazing job blending a bad metal flake spot on my 2015 G21. CC wanted to redo all the flake above the rub rail to make it all look uniform, but that sounded like overkill for such a small spot. Gary came through big time!

Thanks again Gary!

-Uj
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       04-16-2016, 10:45 AM Reply   
good to know
Old     (Rugger)      Join Date: May 2016       06-16-2016, 3:46 PM Reply   
Yes, I used him for small work before too. Was a cool guy, and next to the original Keaton boats. I'd go there again.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-17-2016, 7:04 AM Reply   
I'm so mad one of the kids slammed there handle bars against my boat and put a 1.5 inch gouge in the gel coat . The crappy part is money is tight right now so after a lot of thought I figured screw it I'm gonna try to repair it my self . Since the hull is white and its so small it shouldn't cost me much more to have someone come behind me and fix it up . I watched a few videos and talked to a gel coat guy and he was like dude its not rocket science and if you have ever played with mixing fiber glass resin or done any body work its a breeze as long as its not a bright color or flaked ..Wish me luck because if I screw it up I'm going to see Gary at Sacramento Boat Repair.net as soon as the funds will allow it . I know my boats old but I really try super hard to keep it nice and this gouge is making me crazy . lol
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       06-19-2016, 8:04 AM Reply   
I did my first gel coat repair last week and was pretty easy. I used 200, 600, 1500 grit sandpaper, a Dremel , a wool buffing pad , maguires 49 and maquires boat wax. You can't even tell it was there. I didn't even have to use the power buffer if you have the wool buffing pad. Make sure you put packing tape over the gel when it is wet. I didn't on the first try and I had to go fill a small air hole after.