Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mxguy741)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-21-2016, 9:45 PM Reply   
So this past weekend I had my high school reunion and had a bunch of out of town friends on the boat, they all wanted to wakeboard. We went out downtown Portland on the willamette and we're having a great time. 9 people were planning on riding. Got done with the first two guys and go to pull the 3rd guy out of the water and the ronix handle that I had bought less than three months ago broke. We were screwed! I called evo where I had bought the handle online and they have a retail store about ten minutes from the river. They saved our day, had one of their employees ride their bike to the dock and switch it out. This is a big deal as We had the truck parked at the boat ramp on the other side of the river. By the time we would have got back to truck and gone to the store we would have lost atleat two hours. I know this is a optimal situation as we were close to their retail store, but knowing that they will bend over backwards is pretty cool. Just wanted to share the story
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-22-2016, 6:39 AM Reply   
Evo is the bomb. I'm all the way in Missouri and order almost exclusively from Evo. Always had great customer service with returns and such.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-22-2016, 6:43 AM Reply   
that's amazing, go Evo!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-22-2016, 8:34 AM Reply   
Great story. Its always nice to hear of companies going above and beyond for their customers.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-22-2016, 9:09 AM Reply   
Evo is a go too online store for me as well. That's awesome they helped you out like that.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       07-22-2016, 6:14 PM Reply   
Awesome story and super cool they would do that for you.

But next time you're in there buy a second rope & handle to have as a spare for a just in case, because you never know...
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-22-2016, 7:12 PM Reply   
To keep to props train rolling, ronix customer service hooked me up with a free lace lock after a lace broke on a backroll and was lost.

On side note, does anyone know of an easy way to take apart the ronix lace lock to get new laces in? There is a small nipple that holds the small piece in the bigger piece and I can't get it out without breaking them apart. Already ran through 2 from old set of bindings.
Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-22-2016, 8:45 PM Reply   
they hooked you up with a 5 cent lock after their lace broke and you almost blew out a knee?
Just have them send you a complimentary lace kit with unassembled locks.

Last edited by rexlex01; 07-22-2016 at 8:50 PM.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-23-2016, 4:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexlex01 View Post
they hooked you up with a 5 cent lock after their lace broke and you almost blew out a knee?
Just have them send you a complimentary lace kit with unassembled locks.
I get what you're saying but I appreciated it and only mentioned it here in a effort to get some advice on replacing the last lock since I have spares already assembled (subtle thread jack).
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       07-23-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy10 View Post
I get what you're saying but I appreciated it and only mentioned it here in a effort to get some advice on replacing the last lock since I have spares already assembled (subtle thread jack).
Nick, which locks are they? The new 16s? Theres a little bar that runs through the side that holds it together, you've gotta push that through to free everything up and then replace it once your new laces are in.
Old     (Therapy10)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-23-2016, 11:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmaxymek View Post
Nick, which locks are they? The new 16s? Theres a little bar that runs through the side that holds it together, you've gotta push that through to free everything up and then replace it once your new laces are in.
2015 bindings but I got some that I could use from older bindings (2011 or 12) with the same style lace lock.
Attached Images