Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lastboat8)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-27-2016, 2:31 PM Reply   
We recently bought 2016 Supra SE 450 with upgraded Roswell Pro-3 underwater transom lights ($1000) that barely work. They are bright with engine idling, but flicker and dim by 99% with any increase in engine speed so that light is barely perceptible when in motion. Anyone else know of similar problems? We have had it in for service for this 4 times, and now Roswell tells Supra that this is normal and due to increased voltage associated with increased RPM. Would anyone spend the money on transom lights that don't work while cruising? Sounds like a bunch of crap to me.
Old     (dusty2221)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-27-2016, 2:52 PM Reply   
I added a relay to my Lumitec Seablaze Spectrum transom lights. Vision powers the relay and the relay feeds the lights. Solved my flicker.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       06-27-2016, 6:10 PM Reply   
Not sure if they are the same, but on our 15' SE450 they do not flicker while under way faster than idle. Ours are not super bright so they may be different than yours on the 16'. I do know that I would not be satisfied with Roswell saying "that is normal".
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       06-27-2016, 6:43 PM Reply   
Rick,

Can you clarify. SO if you sit idle in the water and just rev the engine to a steady 2000 rpm for example, the lights will go dim? There is only about a 2V increase between battery static and off-idle alternator output. I dont see this being an issue for a light that very well may be designed for up to 24V input. One thing I do know, is that quality underwater lights will often times have a reduced output mode if they get warm while on plane. A volt meter at the splice between the boat harness and light would tell a lot. I think youve got a voltage problem, not a defective light problem.
Old     (Lastboat8)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-12-2016, 9:38 AM Reply   
Appreciate the responses. Have been away for awhile. Anything over idle essentially kills the light. Supra is sending a new wiring harness. Not sure if different or if added relay. Will know in about 2-3 wks if it works.