Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       09-13-2016, 5:42 AM Reply   
Anyone use Learnwake? I've been a member there for a while and have to say the last month has been disappointing.

The moderators stopped showing up and then the site changed. All the forums are gone.
I was worried when the site was bought out and figured the small site personal touch would disappear....unfortunately, I was correct.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-13-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
Big money ****s up everything it touches.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       09-13-2016, 10:01 AM Reply   
I emailed them about the forum and got a response back from the magazine that said they are planning on putting the forum back but it's gonna take some time to copy over everything and set it up.

So thats atleast some good news.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       09-13-2016, 10:08 AM Reply   
Linex,
The thread you started has to stay. I learned a lot from that one
Old     (janzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-13-2016, 4:52 PM Reply   
I also contacted them asking about the forums and got the following answer: "Currently we're in the process of evaluating and transitioning our forum section and all of its contents. As we work through this we ask that you please be patient and know we're working hard to create the best possible experience for you here at LearnWake!"

I also took the opportunity to mention I though communication with the members has been very poor lately. We got absolutely no information about the upcoming update, I just logged on one day and BAM! Interface update and forums gone. How hard is it to post on the forums that new stuff is coming?

I've been a huge LW fan for years, but I have to say the update has me worried too. The new classification feels really tacked on and incomplete. Unless there's a lot of new content coming, I would say the update is a step in the wrong directiong. But how would I know what changes are coming when they don't care to inform their members about what's going on... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the future will prove me wrong!
Old     (sunsport)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-14-2016, 11:19 AM Reply   
Man I tried to submit a video last week and got nothing. I don't even know if they got it. I love to how I paid for a 1 year subscription back in May and now it says my subscription runs October 7th.

Maybe WW can set up a forums section for LW members so we can at least continue having intelligent discussions about the physics of tricks.

Skiing made me board,
Lyle
Oregon School of Wakeboarding
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       09-15-2016, 5:18 AM Reply   
I got the same info regarding my subscription running out October 7. I thought I had paid for a year as well.
Old     (LearnWake)      Join Date: Sep 2016       09-16-2016, 1:03 PM Reply   
Thank you all for being loyal members. We are focused on ironing out any membership discrepancies with our new account managing vendor. We aim to resolve those as priority #1.

Our new subscriber management system has not yet synced all account information so user's accounts currently reflect only the 30 days of free access we entered to make sure users were not disrupted during the transition.

Video analysis requests are in the queue and we are working to import the archived discussion board content as there are many valuable threads for reference. We aim to make Learnwake the best experience possible so we are listening to your feedback and prioritizing our path forward.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       09-16-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
Thanks Learnwake for touching base.
Hope the updates go well. Its been a great community at Learnwake and really hope to see it continue.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-03-2016, 6:41 PM Reply   
Any update? Its been 2 months and nothing.
Old     (janzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-06-2016, 9:36 AM Reply   
Yes, very dissapointed. Let's be honest here, the new design sucks. It's as hard as before to find videos if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. Forums are gone. Most of the old analysis videos are gone. Member homepage with the latest info is gone. The library is hidden somewhere in the menus instead of at the top where everyone can see it....

The video I posted for analysis in July still hasn't been touched. At this point I don't even need the analysis anymore, and while I'd like to tell the coach not to waste his time doing it, I can't even communicate with him in any way.

Not to mention every damn page still has a "join today!" button even tough I'm already a member. I had such high hopes for the redesign, but so far it's so awful it makes me want to cry.
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-06-2016, 10:31 AM Reply   
I'm disappointed with the changes as well. The guys must be focused on other things right now but it's not fair to keep charging a monthly fee without giving the service to go with it. The video analysis was the best part of the site. Our season is over so I cancelled my membership. If they get back to doing analysis I'll rejoin next year.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-06-2016, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by janzy View Post
Yes, very dissapointed. Let's be honest here, the new design sucks. It's as hard as before to find videos if you don't know exactly what you're looking for. Forums are gone. Most of the old analysis videos are gone. Member homepage with the latest info is gone. The library is hidden somewhere in the menus instead of at the top where everyone can see it....

The video I posted for analysis in July still hasn't been touched. At this point I don't even need the analysis anymore, and while I'd like to tell the coach not to waste his time doing it, I can't even communicate with him in any way.

Not to mention every damn page still has a "join today!" button even tough I'm already a member. I had such high hopes for the redesign, but so far it's so awful it makes me want to cry.
I don't know if you noticed, but the videos are super low quality now too. They changed it from HD to like 360p. I'm not sure if they will change that back once everything is setup, but till then it's terrible on the eyes.
Old     (janzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-06-2016, 1:17 PM Reply   
Yes I did notice the drop in video quality. Before you could choose between 360p, 480p and 720p, and now you can't. Not only that, but we used to have a volume slider and now it's gone! I have to turn down the speakers if a video is too loud. Sure, it's not a big thing, but with everything else that has gotten worse, it only adds to the irritation...

My subscription expires in a week or so. I'll check if things have changed next spring, but if it's anything like right now, they'll have lost me as a customer. That says a lot about the way they're handling things because I've been on LW for 5 years and kept recommending it to pretty much anyone with a wakeboard.

I'm baffled by the total lack of communication with the members. Not even an e-mail about the updates, and the forums gone. The fact we have to log on to WW to talk about LW is just plain ridiculous. I remember when LW started they were so close to the members, they even implemented some features I had suggested (the submit typo button). Now they're cut pretty much any means of communications we had with them. That shows how much they value our feedback...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is all just a byproduct of the update being rolled out before it was ready, but I'm growing more skeptical everyday...
Old     (lesstalkmoreride)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-07-2016, 11:23 AM Reply   
I was going to sign up for this service, but it looks like I will be steering clear until I hear something positive regarding Learnwake. Such a shame.
Old     (janzy)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-07-2016, 7:17 PM Reply   
You'll still get some useful info just from the videos, so it's worth checking out if you haven't already. After being a member for 5 years, I've all those vids so many times it's not enough to keep me coming back tough. If the site is going to become just a source of online videos without coaching, getting a copy of "The Book" box set is a better investment.

But yeah, I'll stay tuned in the next few months to hear about the guys who have a yearly subsciption to see how it goes. For the record, I wouldn't even mind if the analysis service became a paid one on top of the regular membership.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-08-2016, 7:09 AM Reply   
I'm still hoping someone shows up and fixes the site.

It was a great community and the ability to get input on your videos was great especially for those of us who have no access to any real life coaching.

Last edited by MystiikVLX; 10-08-2016 at 7:10 AM. Reason: grammar
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-22-2016, 9:27 AM Reply   
Well, after 3 months and no updates and no analysis on Learnwake, I'm am going to cancel what was left of my subscription. Really disappointed. No other options out there.

Hopefully some coach starts a new site.
Old     (cporourke)      Join Date: Jul 2016       10-29-2016, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiikVLX View Post
Well, after 3 months and no updates and no analysis on Learnwake, I'm am going to cancel what was left of my subscription. Really disappointed. No other options out there.

Hopefully some coach starts a new site.
www.docwake.com
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-15-2017, 9:55 AM Reply   
Has anyone signed up on http://howharley.com/
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-15-2017, 12:49 PM Reply   
I was in for Learnwake for awhile, but howharley is a bit more expensive then I'd go for online stuff. I'd rather spend that money on a on boat lesson.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       03-19-2017, 11:45 AM Reply   
Learnwake seems to be up and running again with video reviews. Just FYI
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       03-20-2017, 9:49 PM Reply   
Who are coaches there now, anyone know?
Old     (YYCBoarder)      Join Date: Apr 2013       03-21-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripsw View Post
Who are coaches there now, anyone know?
I was in Florida a month ago getting some training and Billy Park said that he might be doing it again. I haven't renewed my membership but if it's him he's a great coach.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       03-21-2017, 12:18 PM Reply   
He sure is. I'll probably sign up again if that's the case.