Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-01-2012, 1:07 PM Reply   
Im running around 2500k in ballast and my PP keeps surging like crazy. the speed just wont settle,I have tried several settings and just cant get it right. I have the MCX and the 14.25 by 14.5 prop. The boat is a 2006 xstar with DBW. Please help out with suggestions, or if you think it could be something else.
Old     (snork)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-01-2012, 5:54 PM Reply   
NN too high
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-01-2012, 7:07 PM Reply   
snork, today i was running kdw at 150 and nn at 90. what would you suggest?
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-01-2012, 8:19 PM Reply   
I've got an 07 Star and chitcanned the paddle wheel and drop the coin on Stargazer upgrade... Holds 2/10's of a mph now.... 1/10 at surf speed.. Worth every penny for the upgrade..
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-01-2012, 8:31 PM Reply   
trust me jagermeister, i'm thinking real serious about that switch. Did you have the same problems? Is stargazer just plug and play or do you still have to make some adjustments?
Old     (b33nine)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-01-2012, 11:30 PM Reply   
Stargazer isn't a good solution if you're running in rivers with a current right? The Perfect Pass in our boat has been all kinds of glitchy the last couple years so we've ended up running in RPM mode which I actually prefer anyways as it locks in the speed perfectly even with 4000+ in ballast. Would be intrigued by a Stargazer upgrade though if there was a decent solution to the river dilemma.
Old     (jagermeister)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-02-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
I've tried all the KDW and NN settings and also worked with Mark at PP in Canada to sort it out... You might have to do a complete system reset to get the gremlin out..

My Star has the capacity of #4900lbs of ballast.. It locks on with stargazer... Gps will not measure currents of water... It is possible to let it measure current as it syncs and adjust target speeds accordingly.. But that's not in the software yet.. For now you just set the target + or - the current of the river.. not too big of a deal..
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       09-05-2012, 6:19 AM Reply   
i have an 07 star with a similar weight setup, 14.25x14 prop

try CS around 930 (engagement setting)
NN should be around 30-40
KDW at 180

this setting will overshoot if you're not heavily loaded, but i have gotten pretty good at adjusting things on the fly. loaded it will hold within .2, and everyone always comments on how well my boat holds speed.