Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-20-2014, 1:41 PM Reply   
I'm getting ready to install new carpet in my Sanger V210. Wood substrate. Should I use marine glue rolled on or spray can glue?
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2014, 9:37 PM Reply   
I used marine glue and notch troweled it. I couldn't tell the difference under footy since I used a thick outdoor carpet. I also rolled mine after the install, whether or not it did any good, couldn't say. I did wait a couple days before using the boat though.
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-22-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Here is my how-too thread on carpet. I used spray glue and its holding up really well.
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       01-22-2014, 8:19 PM Reply   
Newty - Thanks for the link. I bought both the glue and the spray adhesive. The spray looks pretty easy. I took everything out including the seat bases so I don't have to push under - should make it a bit easier. I like the way you layed it all out and then cut the floor panels. I like that better.

I still have to move the amps and sub woofer under the dash around for more leg room and clean up the wiring (including the $20 mod posted in the forum!). Then carpet install.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-22-2014, 10:59 PM Reply   
I'll be doing the carpet on my V210 at some point in the near future, can you take pics and post any tips you have during the process? thanks!
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-29-2014, 1:59 AM Reply   
Ive done mine as well if you have any questions. Nice easy process in the end.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-29-2014, 9:04 AM Reply   
Find a good installer is what I would recommend. The mark-up for end users from the carpet suppliers like Corinthian is so high that it eclipses the amount that the installer charges for both the carpet AND the installation. You'll pay more than double what an installer would pay for the same piece and that's plenty to cover what the installer needs to do the work.
Old     (kenerator)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-04-2014, 9:06 PM Reply   
Hey Tom,
I'm doing the same thing. I was able to get my carpet out in one piece to use a pattern.
Where are you getting your new carpet? I am knee deep in samples. Some nice and some so-so.
Are you going re-seal any of the floor?

Lots o' fun,

Ken
Attached Images

Old     (humboldt9)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2014, 3:33 PM Reply   
Question for you guys. How difficult was it to remove the seat bases and about how many hours or days deep are you into this project? My carpet is pretty beat up in my '02 and I'm contemplating this project. Any estimate on how much the carpet is going to run?
Old     (kenerator)      Join Date: Feb 2014       02-06-2014, 6:16 PM Reply   
Brad - My seat bases were simple. Took about 15 minutes. Actually the whole interior minus the bow seats came out in about an hour. It took about another hour to get the carpet out. My carpet was so worn out that the backing was disintegrating which facilitated my just having to pull it up without much scraping. I used a wide putty knife to scrape between the backing and the floor as I pulled up on the carpet. It's hard to say how many hours/days I have into what I am doing because I started at the end of last year work on it a little at a time. I've also removed the entire stereo, dual batteries and associated wiring because it was a mess! I'm surprised that I didn't have a fire. I would guess that if your existing carpet came out easily and you had a helper you could do the floor carpet over a weekend. I estimate that it's going to cost approximately $400-$450 when all is said and done. That may seem high, but I am doing all the carpet, not just the floor.
Attached Images