Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-07-2011, 11:12 AM Reply   
Brett, thats what I was thinking but just didn't say it
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2011, 11:34 AM Reply   
IXFE, I got the measurements through my sales guy: 22"w x 22"h x 46"l. So, I am good. Thanks!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-07-2011, 4:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
IXFE, do you put an extra ballast bag in the rear locker for surfing?

If it's not too much trouble, would you measure the rear locker size W/L/H for a potential surf ballast bag?
Sorry I didn't see this. To answer your other question, I put a 750 in there last week at Shasta. It fit super easy with plenty of room to spare above it.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2011, 5:07 PM Reply   
IXFE, thanks. What bag do you use? Would you recommend it?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2011, 7:19 PM Reply   
Can you please post some vid of the surf wake on both sides (no hurry, just if you ever get a chance to shoot some this summer). I have a dialed in Avy but I am always thinking about my next boat. I really like the options/price on the MB and would consider the 23' Widebody next time around if I can get a really solid/comp level surf wake out of one.

BTW - nice looking ride
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-08-2011, 12:15 AM Reply   
All PM's answered.

Photobucket account upgraded to "Pro" status.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-08-2011, 12:28 AM Reply   
IXFE, what different gray colors do you have in the interior? Thanks!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-08-2011, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
really intrigued by the battery location. Where does the water go if you take one over the bow? Not that I ever would, but I've heard it can happen
Sorry for delay in answering this question. I wasn't sure of the answer! So I called the factory, and they assured me the new battery box is designed to drain to the bilge.

Keep in mind... the MB's are tall boats, and the bows don't dip down real low like some other boats out there. I never once dipped the bow on my 21 TWB, and I don't see it being a problem with the F21 either.
Old     (mdaijogo)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-08-2011, 12:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Keep in mind... the MB's are tall boats, and the bows don't dip down real low like some other boats out there. I never once dipped the bow on my 21 TWB, and I don't see it being a problem with the F21 either.
I dipped the bow on my F21 once. But it was intentional as my wife was lounging in the front of the bow. It took some massive rollers from the large cruisers in the delta on the 4th of July last year.

m-
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-09-2011, 1:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
IXFE, what different gray colors do you have in the interior? Thanks!
The base is light gray

Then the red bead

Then the dark gray (it has a cool texture, not smooth, but not rough either... it's a very subtle but tight criss-cross texture)

Then the black has sort of a snake skin look, but is fairly smooth to the touch.

I gave Shane a lot of leeway in designing the interior. You just gotta trust the guy.

Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-09-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
I got the chance to go out on a 2012 Tomcat today. All I can say is wow, I was impressed. the pictures do not really do these boats justice. There are still some small issues I feel like need to be addressed, but I'm being picky. Thanks to Drew and his wife for allowing me to check their new boat.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-07-2011, 8:49 AM Reply   
awesome boat. i really want to see a tower update, but other than that i would love to get one.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       09-07-2011, 10:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletlines View Post
MB Love

By far the best wake for wakeboarding, and no other stock ballast boat can beat the stock surf wake.

"You are absolutely correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-07-2011, 10:32 AM Reply   
My MB is so nice I shake my head every time I see it...
Attached Images

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-07-2011, 12:09 PM Reply   
i am falling in love with these MB boats. one questions about the quick fill ballast...

Is it all or nothing with these things? meaning, can you fill 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, etc, or is it just full or not full?

thanks
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       09-07-2011, 12:16 PM Reply   
The tanks can be filled paritially and seperately. There is an analog fullness indicator needle on the dash that shows you the fullness just like gas gauge in your car.

I love the pump free system. It fills/drains very fast. I am hoping the stock ballast plus a some lead perfects the wake. I really want to avoid pump/bags/hoses.

I will have one bag and one pump for occasional surfing but surfing is a far from the top priority for me.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-07-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of both the trim plate gauge as well as the ballast gauge.

The one ballast gauge serves both tanks. You just hit a switch between right or left tank and the gauge reads that tank.

Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       09-15-2011, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
I can't believe I forgot to mention this!! Thanks for the gentle reminder.

Yes, MB made a BIG change to the underside of their boats. My 2009 TWB had two small tracking fins - the front was about equal with the front tire when on the trailer. My new boat (same 21' length) has two HUGE fins moved way up... about 3' ahead of the old, smaller fins.

I can't tell you what a difference the new fins make to how the boat turns. My old boat drove like a Tahoe. The new one is like a Porsche. It literally turns on a dime... it can turn tighter than I'm willing to push it. I had no idea the fins would make that big a difference, but they do.

As for "more hook" for improved hole shot... I have never heard that before. The hull itself has not changed. The only changes I know of for improved hole shot are 1) optional wake plate, and 2) 14.25 x 14 prop is standard now. Both make a big difference, although I never thought my old boat struggled.

While tracking and hole shot are definitely improved, the only difference I've noticed in the wake (which was outstanding on my 2009) is on the surf wave. On my 2009 I had trouble getting a clean wave on the regular side due to prop wash. On the goofy side it was always crisp. Well... on the new boat the regular surf wave is suddenly clean. My theory is that the wake plate (even in it's "up" position) is knocking down that prop wash. It's just a theory... but the surf wave is noticably cleaner on the regular side.

In this pic, we were purposely going faster to create a shorter, longer wave. I show it just to demonstrate how the top of the wave is clean. Pic was taken three days ago at Shasta.

how is the handling compared to a bu or tige? I have never been in an mb, I hope to do some testing next spring but was curious on how they compare?
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2011, 2:44 PM Reply   
dbc - i completely agree with you about the touch screens on the bu. Its one thing for you to get used to using them, no problem because after a few outings you'd have that thing conquered, because it is user friendly, just a lot going on. (i have no experience with cc's, sc's or mc's yet). The problem comes when you invite your buddies that are not regulars. What a pain to have to give a tutorial on how to work everything. Also, I agree with the removeable carpet. A year ago I did not. I loved how nice bu's interior felt and looked with carpet everywhere and up on the seat bases. It looks classy, clean, and feels "home-ee". My buddy even had the carpet runner to put over the carpet. It was so soft and cushy under your feet. I still love it, but man it can get wet and difficult to get that smell out. Now that I have snap in carpet (although it still doesn't look as "nice" as the bu's), I wont go back. My tige carpet got matted down and smelled.

nice boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-15-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
Those interiors look really sharp, nice boat. Not sure how I like the pickle, but either way, looks great.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-15-2011, 2:55 PM Reply   
scott- in my opinion Bu's handle the best. It is impressive how well they turn, even when loaded, and how smooth they are when making tight turns... driving double ups are very nice. I have driven most newer models weighted except for Tige (no tige's around here). I did have a 98 tige pre2200v that handled very well on tight turns, but the steering felt heavy, even without ballast, even after the cable was replaced. But still, it handles better than the xstars and x-2's (picklefork) and better than the moombas and supra's, and better than the mb.

I would rank them this way:

1. bu/axis
2. tige (older, someone whose driven a pre2200 tige and a newer 21-22 footer help me here)
3. san 210 (new)
4. san 210 (old)
5. supra/moomba
6. mb (2008 f23, 2010 f21 before new tracking fins, with wake plate)
7. x-2
8. xstar (only behind the x-2 because the xstar is a lot more boat)

all these boats had some to a lot of ballast. Just for reference, my wife drove a new 210 right after a new vlx, made a few turns in it and said "no, we are not getting this boat, I want the malibu..." I thought it drove well and really liked it, she called it a slug...? she is only 100 lbs, so that may be why.

would like to drive the new mb with the bigger tracking fins, sounds like a big improvement.

Last edited by johnny_defacto; 09-15-2011 at 2:56 PM. Reason: punctuation addition.
Old     (b33nine)      Join Date: Jun 2010       09-15-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
DBC I saw your boat listed on onlyinboards awhile back, do you mind if I ask why you listed it/if it's still for sale? My buddy test drove one of these and we both loved it (with 1500ish # of extra ballast) so was curious when I saw your boat pop up when I was browsing. He's kind of in the market once he gets his boat sold/if he can get his boat sold, so was super curious why you've got this one on the market.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2011, 3:36 PM Reply   
everything looks super sweet but the one thing that kept me from considering one is the tower. Sorry but those towers just have a certain cheap look to me. I like almost everything else about MB, really like that they use PCM but yuck yuck yuck on the towers. When they are loaded(hidden) with speakers and bimini its slightly better but come on MB do something about those towers!
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       09-16-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by b33nine View Post
DBC I saw your boat listed on onlyinboards awhile back, do you mind if I ask why you listed it/if it's still for sale? My buddy test drove one of these and we both loved it (with 1500ish # of extra ballast) so was curious when I saw your boat pop up when I was browsing. He's kind of in the market once he gets his boat sold/if he can get his boat sold, so was super curious why you've got this one on the market.
thanks for the info. I test drove an RZ2 and was blown away by how well it handled. and I regularly ride behind a friends bu that handles great. if the mb with the new tracking fins is anywhere close to these that would be great.

coming from owning an I/O any inboard will be an upgrade.
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       09-27-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
everything looks super sweet but the one thing that kept me from considering one is the tower. Sorry but those towers just have a certain cheap look to me. I like almost everything else about MB, really like that they use PCM but yuck yuck yuck on the towers. When they are loaded(hidden) with speakers and bimini its slightly better but come on MB do something about those towers!
I am kind of with you on this. I would love to see a different tower on these boats. anyone who is good with photo shop that can photo shop in an illusion tower on the photo in the link? I am not sure how you get access to a photo on the web or even if it can get done. but I bet it would look pretty good. I still haven't seen one in person so my opinion on the tower may change once that happens.

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=29391
Old     (muurph84)      Join Date: May 2010       09-27-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
i just realized that the link sends you to the boat and not the actual picture of it in the water? that was the photo I was suggesting.
Old    fowl            09-27-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Really the only things I dislike are the look of the bow forks and the throttle. Otherwise this boat looks amazing
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
I think IXFE was just going to sell and get another one next year if I recall. The new fins make the boat handle incredible, such a huge improvement.
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-01-2011, 8:31 AM Reply   
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2626620745.html
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-01-2011, 8:35 AM Reply   
Damn that's a good deal^^^
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-01-2011, 8:39 AM Reply   
Holy crap!!! As quick as this thread started on a new boat, the boat is already for sale!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-01-2011, 8:43 AM Reply   
man you gotta do less internetin' and more boatin'! Only 50 hours? I've put 52 on my twb 23 since August!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-01-2011, 4:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
man you gotta do less internetin' and more boatin'! Only 50 hours? I've put 52 on my twb 23 since August!
Thanks for your concern, Shawn.

I think 50 hours is great given how short our season was up here in the NW and I didnt even take delivery on this boat until late June. Also, we spent four weeks in July on a cross-country road trip (sans boat).

In the time we've had this boat we had an awesome season and built more great memories. It is for sale simply because we want the 23 for next year.

Great deal for somebody who wants to save $10k. It has every factory option that I know of: wet sounds tower, trim plate, heater, interior led's, underwater led's, metal flake gel, etc, etc.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-01-2011, 7:28 PM Reply   
Sweet! More boat designing fun! Will it be a 23 foot TC or WB? The 23TC will be all new next year, right?
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       10-01-2011, 10:13 PM Reply   
Other than more space, any reason why you wanna upgrade to the 23footer?