Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-21-2014, 7:44 PM Reply   
Props to Tillys Marine for another great experience, and another great boat. Went with another VLX (my third) an I am digging it. Of coarse the stereo is the important thing and to me Exile is a no brainer and Brian from Exile is awesome to work with. I never use CDs, satellite, or transom remotes on the boat, music is always via my iPod or iPhone so I ordered the boat with zero stereo.

So absent the head unit, running everything through the ZLD. We have a Pair of SXT9s on the tower powered with the Exile XM30.2, the Exile Xi 12 DVC as the sub, powering it off the Javelin. I will eventually have 8 of the SX65, hopefully should be here this week. The Inputs to the ZLD will be wifi and Bluetooth, so for now, there is not a wired option, but I can always add that in if I find it needed. Just wanted to share a few pics so far. Sub in a sealed boxed, and came out nice, didn't lose any leg room.

I'll post more when the system is complete. The lights are wired in the sub, just have to install my RBGs and find a good tint guy as mine is no longer around. If anyone knows a good tint person or shop in Orange County, let me know.

The button on the plate is a power button to turn the system on. This way I do not need all the screens on as well. But it is connected so I have to have the perko turned to on.

Just need to decide what I'm going to etch onto the plexi? Malibu, wakesetter, Exile??

And so far, without cabins, it's already loud and the hits hard
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-22-2014, 7:11 AM Reply   
Looking good! What about etching the WS (Wakesetter) logo into it? I think that would look cool.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-22-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
Nice work. Boat looks beautiful too! Mine is getting my Exile system installed as we speak also.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-22-2014, 9:42 AM Reply   
i'd say dont etch it, but i'm plain like that. The boat will always be a malibu though, the system may change down the road depending who owns it.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-22-2014, 11:20 AM Reply   
Thanks. I was thinking etching Malibu more than Exile, simply for that reason. Although I do not see myself going with anything else. I've seen one with a WS logo, looked pretty good. Even thought about wakesetter with the '14 lettering, if I can get it big enough to look right. Looks good when back lit.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-11-2014, 12:00 AM Reply   
well, finally got some cabin speakers in, and started the install, only got 4 of them done (life with a 3 year old) but it sounds awesome just with the 4 cabins and towers. Need to install the bow speakers and the Rear/back speakers. On that note, can anyone tell me where the speaker wire is for the back seatback area? i can't seem to locate it at all. the only wire I find is for the rear wakesetter light

Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-11-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
Awesome Dave! I love seeing new boats gutted for systems! I wish I could hear it.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-12-2014, 12:07 AM Reply   
I you're ever in Elsinore or Parker you can! . Thanks
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       05-12-2014, 6:01 AM Reply   
Great job! Love my Exile.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-17-2014, 2:57 PM Reply   
Finally got the bow speakers in. Only one more set to go, the rear seat back. Still have not located the speaker wires for those