Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-28-2016, 1:01 PM Reply   
Click on surf video below and it shows how the company has turned the outdrive unit (I don't know what else to call it)backwards so the prop is under the boat. Pretty neat.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-28-2016, 1:02 PM Reply   
Forgot to post the link http://cobaltboats.com/our_boats/R5w...p#.VqI2AXn2Yps
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-28-2016, 1:31 PM Reply   
Monterey has one too and they supposedly partnered with Roswell. I saw it at the boat show and they were asking $110,000 boat show price is what I was told. I asked the salesman how much ballast it had and he said quizzically what do you mean. He then said oh six - I said six what and he said bags but did not know how much wight they would hold - I laughed and said good luck with it.

https://www.montereyboats.com/boats/...-surf-edition/
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-28-2016, 4:17 PM Reply   
Volvo Penta forward drive. Pretty much all your non-traditional inboard boat manufactures entering the surf and sport boat market are using it now. You also have your Yamaha, etc., jet boats vying for some of that market.
Nick
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       01-28-2016, 8:01 PM Reply   
"Patent pending surf control system"? Wonder if they bought the rights to that automated system that controlled the x y axis of the boat.
I guess it's fair game after the G series has started to put a dent in their market share.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-23-2016, 6:50 AM Reply   
Rode this yesterday..
Attached Images

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       07-23-2016, 8:11 AM Reply   
How was the wave? I'm not sold yet as price is high given lack of history in watersports from these manufacturers but dosent mean they can't generate a decent wave. I'm also not sure what the benefits are versus a v-drive setup other than trimability/manuverability.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-23-2016, 10:31 AM Reply   
Look at the size of those tabs!
Old     (Chorn)      Join Date: Oct 2014       07-23-2016, 12:47 PM Reply   
I rode behind a Monterey with a Volvo penta forward drive a couple of weeks ago. The motor is a good idea for regular boat makers to try and get in on the wake surfing craze. The boat was very nice and maneuverable, but as for the wave.....they aren't there yet. Minimal wave. No push. You can kinda get a taste for wakesurfing this way, if you are a family and have little kids who want to try. But anyone who surfs regularly will not like the wave at all. Iif your wife wants the creature comforts of a traditional bow rider and you just want to mess around with surfing every once in awhile, this is a somewhat less expensive way to do it. Not for me, though.....and I'm hardly a hardcore surfer. I also found that the sales people didn't really know much about surfing or what makes a good surf boat....or even the terminology. They were disappointed/confused when I gave them my honest opinion of the wave.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-23-2016, 1:19 PM Reply   
The wake was OK for a crossover family boat.... We ride SA450, G23 and T23 wakes so this had a light push and washed at the crest of the wake... The outdrive needs to be trimmed all the way down before you pull a rider up... The prop thrust of that thing pushed my inland surfer to my face and gave me a bloody lip... It'll pop you straight up and the boat hasn't moved 2 feet.. I think adding another 2k of weight might make this a good safe family boat..