Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 28, 2009

Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-16-2009, 12:00 PM Reply   
1) Do Jabsco ballast puppies need to be mounted below the water line? Can they pull a draft vertically about a foot? I have an easy mounting spot for my rear sacs where the swim step bolts up but it is about 6" off the floor.

2) 3/4" or 1"?? seems like 3/4" fittings are more prevalent

3) Thru hulls...stainless, plastic, chrome,
I like chrome, 2 will be under the transom, 3 vents on the side, 3 drains on the side

4) I have launch pad vdrive 440#, are there any barbed connections I can hose clamp at the bag, or should i convert to the fly high quick connect fittings for my fill/drain and vent lines

5) Good source for all this stuff (lowe's, depot or online), I looked at wakemakers.com and they seem to have most everything, just not sure what to buy yet

6) I need 6 check valves 3 to reroute water from drain side of pump out the side so I know it's done draining, 3 on the drain lines so i don't suck air when filling. all the 3/4 checks at lowes are non threaded pvc, anywhere i can get threaded or even better barbed 1 way check valves

7)Wiring loom: can i buy a 6 to 9 wire loom for my pumps to run up to my switches at the dash?

8) Safety- I plan to have manual shutoffs at each thru hull at the transom, do they need to be brass? any other must do safety issues on a diy ballast system?

Thanks for the time, I know there are alot but I have never done this before

What I plan is two 440s in the vdrive storage, locker sac, and probably some lead up in the bow
each sac will have its own reversible ballast puppy. oh yeah its an 06 sanger v215