Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-23-2015, 9:08 AM Reply   
Just as it reads. Boat is a centurion elite. 08-09 I believe. Can get the internal pumps to pump out but will not bring water in.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-23-2015, 10:14 AM Reply   
What type of pumps? Is it one reversible for in and out? Or do you have separate pumps (aerator style) for pumping water in then separate pumps for taking the water out?
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-23-2015, 10:16 AM Reply   
To be honest I'm not sure. It's a friends boat, just trying to help him out with a solution. I do know it's the stock pumps that came in the boat
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-23-2015, 11:56 AM Reply   
First thing you need to do is figure out what type of system it is. It makes a huge difference. My guess is its a aerator type system, in which care you really have 2 completely independent circuits. One for fill and one for empty. First thing I'd do is listen and see if you can hear the pumps running on the fill side. If not find the pumps. Check for power to the pumps and go from there.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-24-2015, 10:51 AM Reply   
That system is fairly simple. You have a Jabsco Reversible pump that flows into a sprinkler manifold system behind the motor to fill each ballast tank. Those tanks have their own aerator pumps to drain.

If the fill pump is not working first check the impeller which is usually the culprit. Replace it with the Jabsco Green impeller. If it is not the impeller take those valves to Home Depot and replace them. They are in the lawn care section. If the pump will not turn on at all even when removed and connected to a 12v battery you have a bad pump. I would replace it with the Johnson Ultra Ballast Pump. It will be faster, less expensive and backward compatible.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-24-2015, 12:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
That system is fairly simple. You have a Jabsco Reversible pump that flows into a sprinkler manifold system behind the motor to fill each ballast tank. Those tanks have their own aerator pumps to drain.

If the fill pump is not working first check the impeller which is usually the culprit. Replace it with the Jabsco Green impeller. If it is not the impeller take those valves to Home Depot and replace them. They are in the lawn care section. If the pump will not turn on at all even when removed and connected to a 12v battery you have a bad pump. I would replace it with the Johnson Ultra Ballast Pump. It will be faster, less expensive and backward compatible.
Guaranteed the impeller is jammed and that the jammed impeller fried the fuse.