Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2016, 5:15 AM Reply   
I'll pick it up in 2 weeks

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-19-2016, 6:36 AM Reply   
Good time to change the screen name! Great looking VLX and love the interior...
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-19-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
Love the color scheme, dark very seats might get warm tho.
Great looking boat, congrats
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-19-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
Papa smurf called. He wants his boat back. Haha. JK. Beautiful boat. I dig the carpet in it too. What is that divider type thingy in the walkway under the filler pad?
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-19-2016, 8:45 AM Reply   
Sick gel scheme!!
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-19-2016, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
Love the color scheme, dark very seats might get warm tho.

Great looking boat, congrats

New vinyl won't get hot
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       03-20-2016, 2:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Papa smurf called. He wants his boat back. Haha. JK. Beautiful boat. I dig the carpet in it too. What is that divider type thingy in the walkway under the filler pad?

Do u mean the front tank! That's the one thing I don't care for in the BU's. Absolutely zero storage up front with how they have their ballast tanks.

Very pretty boat! Love those colors! Enjoy that bad boy!
Old     (ashgrylls)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-20-2016, 7:03 AM Reply   
Wow very nice would love one of them
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-21-2016, 6:48 AM Reply   
Beautiful Ride! Love the colors! And that grey is awesome!! I was between grey and Mocah for my new G23. Ended up with Mocah but that grey looks fantastic!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-21-2016, 7:49 AM Reply   
Beauty! The VLX is a great boat, make sure and join The Malibu Crew. How are you weighting it for surfing and boarding?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-21-2016, 8:56 AM Reply   
Beauty! Congrats!!!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-21-2016, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
Do u mean the front tank! That's the one thing I don't care for in the BU's. Absolutely zero storage up front with how they have their ballast tanks.

Very pretty boat! Love those colors! Enjoy that bad boy!
Yeah, so there isn't any storage up front? That whole area is filled with ballast? I gotta see that for myself. That'd be a bummer to not have any storage at all up there. There's gotta be something.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-21-2016, 2:22 PM Reply   
great looking boat. Enjoy!
Old     (randv)      Join Date: May 2015       03-21-2016, 2:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah, so there isn't any storage up front? That whole area is filled with ballast? I gotta see that for myself. That'd be a bummer to not have any storage at all up there. There's gotta be something.
Yup, that's right, no storage at the bow. Same on the 23LSV
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-21-2016, 5:35 PM Reply   
You can order the VLX with no bow tank, most get it with the factory 350 lb hard tank which does eliminate any storage in bow. The VLX has "decent" storage, but nothing crazy. Malibu added a lot of freeboard to the '15/'16 which helped create some more space for storage from prior years. It does throw a fantastic wakeboard wake, so easy to dial in and clean up even at lowers speeds and a legit surf wave...

Todd, you are in for a great summer! If you do need any help dialing in the surf or wakeboard wake make sure and visit TMC, lots of knowledgeable folks over on that site.
Old     (Connolly_Crew)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-21-2016, 5:58 PM Reply   
Quote:

I have a 23 LSV and the boat has plenty of storage. The only thing I have ever put in the bow was an anchor. It is a non issue.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       03-21-2016, 6:30 PM Reply   
Looks Awesome! enjoy!
Old     (ifinallygota21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-22-2016, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Beauty! The VLX is a great boat, make sure and join The Malibu Crew. How are you weighting it for surfing and boarding?

I've been on tmc since 2012 when I bought my last bu. I'm open to recommendations on weighting. Our lake is between 10-15 ft deep with some shallower spots
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-23-2016, 5:18 PM Reply   
I ran approx 750 in each rear locker, 650 lb sumo bow bag, hard tanks full, wedge 1-3 clicks up at 10.8-11.2 last year for the surf wave. I have the wakemaker 900's in each locker but found filling those 100% did not do much for the surf wave other than burn a lot more fuel. The stock wakeboard wake with hard tanks full and wedge is pretty dang nice, adding about 200-250 in each locker will boost it up a bit more if desired. I never went above this for wakeboarding but I am sure there is more if needed and you want to go heavy. The new lift feature works great to help plain out the boat much quicker for wakeboarding. After testing a few different props we ended up going with the OJ 948, dropped our surfing RPMs down and was able to reach 11.2 surfing with the 409.
Old     (callanstarr)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-05-2016, 7:13 PM Reply   
this looks unreal! What is the name of the colour of the grey on the exterior, and the dark grey of the upholstery? Enjoy!