Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-31-2006, 12:31 PM Reply   
I know this has been a thread before but I am going to be heading to Kaui for my honeymoon in March. I know Ryan Siebring is out that way but I was looking who I should get in contact with to get some riding in. Later, Mike
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
i got to ride when i went down to Kaui. There is a surf shop there that you can pay for pulls. The water seemed to be butter everytime i passed over the river and the scenery cannont be beat. The only downside is its a little expensive, the gear they let you use isn't that great, and the wake is pretty small but hey you get to wakeboard in kaui. I believe the shop that does it is called kaui ski and surf its somewhere around wailua. And im pretty sure the boat drivers name is kenny.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-31-2006, 1:05 PM Reply   
My wife threatened to shoot me if I rode when we were heading up river to the Fern Gratto on our honeymoon. Of course I should have done it anyway considering it's highly unlikely I'll ever be back there again.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-31-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
Yo, I'd probably just go surfing instead. Chances are good that the wake wont be all that great and equipment will be lame unless you bring your own gear (which is a pain for a couple pulls).

We just got back from Maui 2 weeks ago. I thought I wanted to ride there, but was stoked to golf and surf instead. I kinda figured there was no way I was going to beat the delta for wakeboarding, so why try.
Old     (aep6475)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-31-2006, 1:20 PM Reply   
Evan, you and I must have been there at the same time. I looked into boarding, but the cost didn't seem to justify probably being disapointed by what I was going to get.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       10-31-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
I would take a kiteboarding lesson instead. Learning something like that in a epic location like Hawaii would be something you remembered for the rest of your life!!
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-31-2006, 1:35 PM Reply   
I was stuck in Kaui during the earthquake for two days. Go with surfing... but watch out, I unknowingly put my hand on top of a sea turtle. Scared the shizza out of me!
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-31-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
ask for Kenny

Kaua'i Waterski & Surf Company
4-356 Kuhio Hwy
Kapaa
808-822-3574

I did it while I was there. I also took some pics of the contest.

http://www.wakeworld.com/Galleries/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=240

If you go, you have to ride, surf, and zipline as well.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-31-2006, 1:59 PM Reply   
I went wakeboarding on the Wailua with Kenny a few years ago. It was $100 then, not sure what it is now. The boat was a Malibu Response with no ballast and no Wedge. The equipment was a ski rope and and old Hyperlite board. Given all that I'd do it again in a heartbeat to say that I wakeboarded in Kauai! Here is a couple of pics to prove I did it (note the palm tree in the background)! :-)

Upload
Upload
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-31-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
Ok...wrong pic...here's the one w/ the palm tree!! ;)Upload
Old     (themann39)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-31-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
Me and my brother both did it when we where there. It was great to go boarding there even though the gear wasnt that good i would do it again in a heartbeat. I have some pics but they are not on this computer. Overall it was a great time.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       10-31-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
why the hell would you goto hawaii to wakeboard? You have at your disposal the best waves in the world. No you won't be able to surf world class waves at pipe but hawaii is filled with breaks that wont kill you.
Old     (sangeria)      Join Date: Dec 2003       11-01-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
I didn't go to Hawaii to wakeboard...I went to relax with my family and chill...just happened to wakeboard while there. That, and I don't know how to surf.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       11-01-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
I would like to wakeboard there cause it is a awsome location and instead of trying to be a hard core boardsport guy I only like wakeboarding .
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-01-2006, 8:02 PM Reply   
Kenny is the guy to ride with... He upgraded his gear to LF and has the a low stretch rope now. If you ask him very nicely, he'll put down the wedge.
A true wakeboarder can ride behind anything and have fun...
Oh, and by the way, I live on Maui now...
Old     (wcr)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-01-2006, 11:07 PM Reply   
Ryan
I live in Lahaina
Do you ride much here?
Old     (lostkgb78)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-02-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
Not yet...
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-02-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
any wind there, Siebring?