Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Lukke)      Join Date: May 2017       05-31-2017, 7:33 PM Reply   
Hey Guys,

I'm heading off to Japan in October for a couple weeks. Exciting Stuff (:
I really like to board in every country i go to, whether its cable or boat.
I've done a little research through the forums and found a littttttle bit on Japan, but from more than 5 years ago.

Wondering if anyone knows about any parks up there that have open or even any boarding schools that have a decent boat to pull you and maybe even help me land a new trick!

Any feed back would be really really helpful.

Thanks!!
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       06-01-2017, 8:44 AM Reply   
wakescout.com

Enjoy your trip!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-01-2017, 2:15 PM Reply   
What part of Japan will you be going too?

Starting from North to South:

In Sapporo, Hokkaido: Juice Wakeboard Shop (provides pulls on the Ishikari River). Each pull is roughly $35-40 USD a set. The Owner's name is Nori-san, and Juice Wakeboard Shop has a FB page you can connect with him on.

Tokyo Area: Masato "Matt" Takaiwa runs a wakeboard service as well on the Arakawa River near Saitama/Kita, Tokyo. He's a good friend of mine and you can contact him on FB at the same name it's spelled above.

There's a wakeboard park near Osaka I believe, and a new Park called Stone Wake Park opened near Fukuoka.

Have a great time!
Old     (Lukke)      Join Date: May 2017       06-04-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
Wow Ryan! Thank you so much!
That is awesome info.

I will do a bit of research and hopefully get in touch with them.

At the moment we have actually only booked the flights because they were really well priced and direct, so currently we are trying to work out where to go and how much time to spend in each place.
Any recommendations you have would be amazing. (wake board related or not)

Either way thank you so much again for that mate.
Appreciate it.
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-05-2017, 5:14 PM Reply   
You're welcome! If this is your first time to Japan, head to Shibuya (Tokyo) or the Osaka area.

Have a great trip!
Old     (peruperu0516)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-19-2017, 1:18 AM Reply   
there is a cable park in Kobe! https://www.facebook.com/japanwaters...omplex?fref=ts