Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-03-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Upload
A bow hunter gets a quick kiss from her wily prey.
This is the story
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-03-2010, 10:42 AM Reply   
Awesome. And to think our biggest problem on the west coast is the Zebra Muscles!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       02-03-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Its really going to suck if those get all the way down here. We will have to carry shotguns!
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
cool pic

cool lookin' dogs paul.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-03-2010, 1:39 PM Reply   
It's only a matter of time until they are here... wait they already are here, at least in Nevada. They mainly jump for outboard motors, although recently cases are popping up of inboard related jumping as well.

Check out this map!

Upload

The Map is interactive...
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-03-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
BTW, Johnny's is a pretty cool place to eat in Peoria, IL.

Johnny's
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-03-2010, 4:41 PM Reply   
That's where I ride!!! I live near Peoria and have to deal with the "world famous" asian carp almost every time I go wakeboarding. Alot of people seem to have heard about them, but have never seen them in person. I've been hit a few times, and had way too many close calls with those asian carp. People think the carp are cool and fun to watch, but they are downright dangerous when wakeboarding or doing other water sports.

Sam, when and why were you in Peoria?
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       02-03-2010, 11:13 PM Reply   
Heres our trash fish theyre working on. Anyone want some? Plenty to go around.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9567765
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-04-2010, 8:37 AM Reply   
I can imagine getting hit by one of those at wakeboarding speed might take a little wind out of your sails.
Old     (wakeboardsam)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-04-2010, 9:42 AM Reply   
I go to Peoria strictly to go to Big Al's!!!
Upload

Actually, I was born in Galesburg and grew up in Monmouth (Class of '93). My family is either from Alexis or North Henderson. I have a small farm just outside of Oquawka that I rent out.
Old     (wesley_is_wake)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-04-2010, 2:34 PM Reply   
Very cool haha. When I'm of age, you can come back and we'll party in Peoria...I've lived in Metamora my whole life (Since 93'), so I've always thought of Peoria to be the "party place/place where people go to work too." It's also a decent place to wakeboard in the summer :-)
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-04-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
The Michigan AG has filed another motion with the US Supreme Court to seal the locks that open into Lake Michigan. Also, all the Great Lakes states' governors are having a "carp summit" at the White House soon (next week?) to discuss this problem.

The next week or two will be interesting on this issue.

Sadly, Asian Carp DNA has already been detected in Lake Michigan. Hopefully, they can seal the locks before a reproducing population takes hold in the Great Lakes.

Here's today's news:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/83571672.html
Old     (masonmeuth)      Join Date: May 2009       02-04-2010, 10:05 PM Reply   
Look up alligator gar. They are re introducing this species here in ky to help fight the carp. Personally I haven't seen one yet but I have my fingers crossed.