Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2008

Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-09-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
My friend broke his board, hyperlite premier and he is looking for something that rides similar. He took out the 2008 premier last week and did not like it. We tried to find an old premier on line but we are having no luck.

He doesn't care about the board company just the something that will ride close to the premier.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-09-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
When did the board change? Is a 2003 Premier the same as the Era?
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-09-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
Try the murray out too if you get a chance

Wakeviolator might have and older premier he might sell.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-09-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Nope Era is definately different.
Old     (j_money)      Join Date: May 2006       04-09-2008, 1:59 PM Reply   
dude what size was it?? I know a guy that has a 140 2003 i can see if he wants to get rid of....
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
try Danny's new board.
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       04-09-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
The Ronix one is supposed to be the premier on crack , at least that is what I heard/read somewhere.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-09-2008, 4:42 PM Reply   
The premier on crack sounds scary. Just lookin for the premier without the crack. He told me he is taking out the era tommorrow so we will see what happens.
All my equipment is from 2004 or older but that is just how I roll.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-09-2008, 5:02 PM Reply   
Moderate 3 stage rocker, long molded fins, thin rails...sounds like you are looking for an Absolute. Like a Premier with softer landings and a little more kick.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-09-2008, 5:09 PM Reply   
the era is actually very similar to the old premier shape. almost identical. the changed the rail and the shape of the tail just a little bit so it cuts harder. pretty much the same channels and fins on the bottom though. try that. also the new murray is deffaintely a great board as well as the byerly monarch. they all ride very similar. they pop huge. they murray is stickier than the monarch but pops just as big. you should get ahold of murray and have him send one of the boards your way to test.

how did your friend break his board? if it wasnt user eror like sliders or something like that it should be under warranty still.
Old     (jay_j)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-09-2008, 5:27 PM Reply   
I'm pretty sure the Gator "Rick G" board is similar.
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-09-2008, 5:31 PM Reply   
i've got an '05 premier for sale..'05 Era bindings as well..if interested let me know..make an offer..
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       04-09-2008, 5:38 PM Reply   
05 is the new shape that he doesnt like
Old    alanp            04-09-2008, 5:55 PM Reply   
hey mike i have been riding the original premier shape for about 3 1/2 years now and i still do. when he rides the new era i would be interested in hearing his thoughts as ive been looking at that board.

i would like to comment on the ronix one though. i rode one this past weekend and i thought it was a great board. i didnt find it drastically different than my era. i did find it to be slightly faster, a little looser feel, it gave me more pop(which was very noticable) and the board is much lighter.

like i said im super stubborn about my era/premier(now called the apex) shape i've ridden and tested out alot of other boards but ive never felt the need to change boards. however i liked the ONE so much i've already started to look for one to purchase.

for comparisons sake i ride my era with a c-shaped 1.2 p-wing center fin and i rode the ONE with its stock fins. i consider myself and intermediate rider; i have numerous spins(nothing larger than a 5) and am closing in on 15 inverts.
Old     (lcky275)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-09-2008, 6:34 PM Reply   
I've got 2 premiers that are sitting in my garage. Not sure what year, but the 135 has a DJ Dude with headphones on, and the other one is a 141 with a chick that looks like Cindy Crawford. Hit me up if one of these is what he's looking for.
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-09-2008, 6:40 PM Reply   
I second The Ronix One. Premier was Danny's Hype board The One is his Ronix Board. Looks very very similar, pretty much just lighter.
Old     (lhlocal)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-09-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
I have last years One board, and an 04 or 05 Premier. I actually think I am going back to the Premier. The rocker on the One just seems slightly too much. May ride that for a while, and then try a Murray. Who am I really kidding in the long run though? Maybe its the fact Im 33, out of shape, and the list goes on....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-09-2008, 8:23 PM Reply   
Hey Mike:

I have that Brown ERA that I had last year. If your "friend" wants to try it out let me know. It's at the lake. Im sure we will see you out you can try it out. It's just sitting in my closet at the lake. Im headed there right now.
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-09-2008, 9:26 PM Reply   
Thanks for all your imput guys.
Jason the board is from 2002 and he broke it on a glide, no sliders. They will warranty a board that old?
Alan you are that good a rider and are still riding that board with fins. Have you tried it without fins it rides much better. I could never go back to riding the board with fins. I am about the same level rider you are with a couple mobes.
Grant thanks for the offer but the board is not for me, it is for the "little brown kid I ride with, Kris (AKA TEGO)". I wish I was going to the lake tonight you are a lucky man!
He is taking the Era out tommorrow, we will see how it goes.
I sure hope I don't break any of my am to stuck in my ways to change. Hell I even got an extra pair of 2004 temets sittin around for back up. Thanks, again.
Old     (gjacko77)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-10-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
I actually have an 03 DNA core PREMIER i might be willing to part with if he's interested? Its a 140 and i really great condition never hit any sliders or anything
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       04-10-2008, 9:10 AM Reply   
Hey Mike,

I know you're not a big fan of CWB, but your friend might want to try the CWB PURE. I ride the girls version and it is the closest to the older premier that I have found so far. I have heard the LF substance is similar as well, but I have never ridden it so i don't know.
Old    K.B.C.            04-10-2008, 9:11 AM Reply   
I think Ricky Gs board is the 03 Premier shape. It was up until this year anyway
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-10-2008, 9:15 AM Reply   
The One may be Danny's new board & the Premiere may be his old, but those shapes are light years different. Recommending the One is fine, but don't say it rides like the Premier. The One uses variable rails, removable fins and a more aggressive rocker line.
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-10-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
Hyperlite has a lifetime warranty as long as as you have not hit sliders. Problem is he will get the 08.

I have an 08 murray i am selling if he wants to go that route.
Old     (phil06140)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-10-2008, 9:48 AM Reply   
Have you looked at the Hyperlite Apex?

I'm pretty sure it is the old ERA shape which is about as close as you can get to the 03' Premier. I rode the 03' Premier 140 for about 3 years and then switched to the ERA shape. I rode both w/out fins, the ERA has a bit more traction(not as loose), and you can set a harder edge..
Old    K.B.C.            04-10-2008, 10:40 AM Reply   
Jake, what size is th 05 you have for sale?
Old     (wakeeater2003)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-11-2008, 8:47 AM Reply   
He rode the Era last night and loved. I guess the Era it is!
Old     (nwsjake10)      Join Date: Feb 2007       04-12-2008, 6:44 PM Reply   
its a 136 w/ L era bindings