Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 26, 2009

Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2009, 5:06 PM Reply   
Does anybody on wakeworld stay at the Mabel Lake Resort and Airpark? We are looking for a spot to camp with 2 other families for 2 weeks in August and are having troubles finding any where decent to stay. Even if there are other campgrounds in the Okanagan area, Kalmalka, Okanagan, Shuswap, etc that are nice and located on the waterfront,let us know. Thanks for the help. Come on summer!!!

(Message edited by trentj6930 on April 13, 2009)

(Message edited by trentj6930 on April 13, 2009)
Old     (mobiusxlv)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-13-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
Trent:

Mabel Lake Resort and Airpark - http://www.mabellakeresort.com/index2.html
The campground is listed in the index, but also check out some of the private rentals - you could get two RV's on a lot.

There are also some very nice Provincial campgrounds at both ends of the lake.

Let me know if you need any other info.
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-13-2009, 6:30 PM Reply   
Mabel Lake XLV, I think we talked last year, but things didn't pan out. I have already called the three private rental spots. Only one is possibly interested in a 2 week rental. I have left a message with the reservations group for 3 spots as well. Thanks again.
Old     (mobiusxlv)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-13-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
I will check a few things on my end and let you know. Let me know if I can help out.
Old     (koop)      Join Date: Jan 2008       04-14-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
Trent
Are you looking for somewhere to put up a tent? or do you want an R.V. spot? You can pitch a tent in a number of different places along shuswap lake. If you have never rented a house boat I would highly recommend it. You don't have to rent the most expensive houseboat on the lake either! A modest houseboat split with a couple people is a great time and way to see the lake. Harolds park is a provincial camp ground about 15-20 minutes outside of Salmon Arm on the shuswap. Fintry (half way between kelowna-vernon) has a very nice and usually not to busy provincial park right on okanagan lake. Cool hiking trail up to waterfalls. I grew up in Sicamous and now live in Penticton so I'm familiar with the area. Let me know if you want more info on any locations.
Old     (sulmaxwell)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-14-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
For boats and camping-
a secret-banberry green on Skaha lake-Penticton..ok falls.......if you are tenting, they will even rent you a fridge for your campsite...
Owls nest on Kalamalka...
Just don't mess up my water!!! haha
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-14-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Nicola Lake,BC 15 min. outside of Merritt. 50 min south of Kamloops

You can camp at Monch Park
http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/monck/

This is where we have our new summer house. The lake is known to get windy but every time I have been up there last year it was screamin hot with not an ounce of wind on the lake. To make it even better you have a lake that is 20km long and there is maybe 10 boats on the lake.

Upload
Upload