Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (tbox)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-14-2013, 7:38 AM Reply   
I am looking to make a DIY cable cross-over for my home gym (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1&welcome=true) and was looking to use something lighter than a typical steel cable, strong enough to handle a couple hundred pounds, yet something that had NO stretch. In my search to find an alternative for a steel cable, I came across wakeboard ropes.

It appears that wakeboard ropes over a viable alternative, but I am really not familiar with these ropes and was hoping someone could let me know if this would work. I'm not looking to spend a fortune on the rope, but was considering this particular rope (http://www.amazon.com/Proline-3-5-Fe...d+rope+proline).

What does it mean when the rope description mentions "3-5 feet sections"? Will this affect it's ability to serve as a cable cross-over "cable"?

Is it easy to tie knots in these type of ropes in order to attach a gym equipment handle to each end?

Are these type of ropes durable enough to expect them to hold up for the long term in the manner I'm hoping to use them?

Thanks.
Old     (bboozer)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-23-2013, 3:05 PM Reply   
That rope should work, but I am not sure how long it would hold up on the pulleys. I what it means by3 5' sections is that the main rope is 60' and then there are 3 sections that are 5' that are attached they are for adjusting the rope length for wakeboarding. With the 60' main section you should have plenty of rope to make a cable crossover and have enough to replace it if it wears out too. You should be able to tie knots in it with no problems