Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       12-30-2002, 9:18 PM Reply   
I am planning on stepping up to the V drive> but am curious if anyone with a Nautique ever thinks that it would be nice to have full wrap around seating like the Malibu or the Sanger? Im curious if I will need that extra seat? Is it possible to put a love seat extension behind the drivers seat> and still bring the drivers seat all the way back? Or has anyone ever made a seat much like the cooler cover on the passenger side of the boat?
Thanks for any info or thoughts!
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       12-30-2002, 9:37 PM Reply   
Most of the 2001 SAN's have exactly what you are talking about. I believe Correct Craft referred to it as arena seating. It was eliminated in 2002 in favor of floor space. I prefer the 2002 design because it allows for a large INSULATED cooler that can double as informal seating.

Check www.boattraderonline.com for examples.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-01-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
Yup> thats exactly it> the 01's had the arena sitting> and the 02+ have the floor space> im not sure which I prefer> the seating space> or the floor space.
Thanks for the reply!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-01-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
i definitely prefer the floor space. like bt said you can put in a regular cooler which is a more flexible, movable seat and also is a good step for people to get into the boat on so they don't step on your vinyl (most people know to take their shoes off but I had a cop have to jump on my boat real quick once to go search for an injured girl and he plopped his muddy boots right down on my vinyl!!!)

Wes
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-01-2003, 1:50 PM Reply   
Right on Wes (pesos)> how much weight are you running now in your boat? How do you like the wake?

I think that I might put a subwoofer box where the extra space is behind the drivers seat> I was hoping that I could fit a couple of 12" subs there> definately build a box that would be water tight so that water can drip on it with now problems. I still have to measure it out. I like the idea of saving as much covered storage as possible.

Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-02-2003, 1:01 PM Reply   
I have the 2001 SAN and it doesn't have a wrap around seat on the driver's side.?. I have the jump seat though and I really like it! It allows you to move passenger weight easily without making anyone uncomfortable. Oh yaeh, yes, you can have the jumpseat behind the driver they just have to put their feet on the back cushion!
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-02-2003, 1:02 PM Reply   
Here's a pic!
inside
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-02-2003, 6:32 PM Reply   
Chase,

Nice boat! Any advice on getting a great deal from SECC on a SAN?

I'm sorry I didn't buy in '01 when prices were down. I bought an X-9 because SECC wasn't dealing, at least not with me. I've since sold the X-9 to get a V-drive, but SAN prices are through the roof...
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-02-2003, 8:13 PM Reply   
Great looking boat!
Thanks for the pic.
Would it be possible for you to take another picture for me?
If possible> could you take a side view of that seat there? Viewing how much room there is between the drivers seat and the rear seats?
Thanks!
Harold.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       01-02-2003, 10:04 PM Reply   
Chase, the wrap around seat was standard if I'm not mistaken. Yours has the option to delete the wrap and just have the back bench. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. That was just for 2000 and 2001.
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-03-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
BT, I got mine in 2002 as a "leftover 2001". I got an amazing deal because they already had some 2002's in. Talk to Joe Mama and tell him I told you that he was the man! He is super cool and will definately hook you up.

Harold, Of course I'll take a pic for you. Next time I am in it I will take a few and post them.

Ken, I don't know if it was an option or standard because mine was already in inventory, I didn't have to order it.
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-03-2003, 1:53 PM Reply   
Chase,

Joe Mama rules. My 6 and 4 year old daughters love him! We demoed a boat last fall, and he made what could have been a challenging experience (with small kids) fun.

It just kills me that I'm really considering paying 45% more for essentially the same basic vehicle only 18 months later!!! (SAN vs. MC X-9). Clearly there are differences, which is why I'm considering it, but GEEEEZ.
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-03-2003, 3:08 PM Reply   
BT, Tell them what you are up against, you never know what kind of deals can be had if they know you have other choices! Just for the record, I LOVE MY SAN! By the way, if you want to try out the SAN with about 2200lbs in it, you are more than welcome to come riding with us anytime! It might give you a better perspective to actually hang out in one and drive it for a day!
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-03-2003, 4:16 PM Reply   
Posted By Chase Tennyson (tennyson0) on Friday, January 03, 2003 - 12:59 pm:

Harold, Of course I'll take a pic for you. Next time I am in it I will take a few and post them.

WIKD 281>Harold reply>

Thanks bud. About how much room is on either side of the love seat extension when it sits in that spot in the pic? Also> where do you run your weight in the boat? Sounds like you have a killer wake with 2200 pounds in a SAN.
Thanks!
Harold.

Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-03-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
We usually turn the seat to face the rear of the boat. This way if we need to adjust any weight to either side we can just move a person! As far as weight goes:
- 400lbs. factory ballast in rear
- fat buddies on top of each in rear 250lbs each
- 600lb locker sack
- about 400lbs in bow (plastic weights)
- sometimes a side sac in the walkway 250lbs (depends on amount of people in the boat)
- 2-4 people 500-600lbs

The wake is my favorite so far! Here is a pic with about 1500lbs, sorry it was pretty early so the pic isn't that great.
wake
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-03-2003, 9:06 PM Reply   
Chase,

I've been lucky since I moved to Palm Harbor. Right before I sold the X-9 I met a group of boarders here on Lake Tarpon, and I really haven't missed any riding at all. However, my wife and daughters haven't joined me, and that's my main reason for boating - family time.

I've been riding behind a '95 Super Sport with at least 1500 lbs. of ballast. The wake is awesome, and the boat is squeak and rattle free after 700 hours +/-. I'm sold on Supers...

I still get over to Orlando, so who knows...I may take you up on your offer. If I end up in a SAN, I will certainly return the favor!

If it goes through, here's my choice of colors:
SAN
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-03-2003, 9:22 PM Reply   
That will be an awesome looking boat! If you can get over here bring the family along! I've got a 4 year old daughter and a 4 month old son so kids don't intimidate me. Good luck with your purchase!
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-05-2003, 6:32 AM Reply   
Harold,
These didn't come out as good as I had hoped but I think they will give you an idea. If you need any other shots or info just let me know!
seat
seat2
seat3
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       01-05-2003, 8:51 AM Reply   
Awesome! Those pictures are perfect.
Was the drivers seat all the way back in these pics?
Thank you very much for taking those pics!
Old     (tennyson0)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-05-2003, 2:10 PM Reply   
It was almost all the way back. It probably could have gone back one more click, maybe. And you're very welcome!
Old    para            02-06-2003, 3:41 PM Reply   
Here is a pic of the full wrap seating!!!
In this pic the seat has been raised and is off to the side, there is quite a bit of storage under this seat because nothing is underneath it!!!

MSN - hotmail message
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       02-06-2003, 4:25 PM Reply   
NICE! Is that custom made> or did you make it with parts from Correct Craft? It looks like the cooler that is on the left side of the 02 and 03 super air boats> the one that the seat covers it> will fit the base and the cushion right into that open space on the right> it would basically mean that you would have to buy the same seat thats on the left side> for the right side> that way they would match perfectly.

Your setup> do you have any more pictures of it?
Intall pics? Anything would be appreciated> thanks!