Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old    avis21            01-05-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
I obviously got a good deal on a moomba at the chicago boat show on saturday. Just want to know what u all may think is the best wakeboarding boat out there. Price, Looks, Wake, Performance, etc... I just dont see the point of spending an extra 30 grand for a mastercraft! I need some info!

Laterz

Avis
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-05-2003, 2:33 PM Reply   
My opinion for the best family fun boat out there goes to the:
Calabria Pro-V
Hull design to eliminate bow rise. Best ballast system. Most room and storage.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-05-2003, 3:20 PM Reply   
Moomba
Tige
Sanger
Correct Craft
Malibu
Master Craft
Supra
Calabria

Some wakes are better than others, some drive better, some have more storage, some are better quality, etc. etc. etc.

It's like asking what is the best car you can buy.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-05-2003, 3:23 PM Reply   
right now to me the best new wakeboarding boat is a malibu wakesetter vlx. there are plenty of boats out there that are great boats as well, you just have to weigh the differences and make your choice.
Old    beercity            01-05-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
If the Moombas would improve their interior comfort/quality I would say they are by far the best value. I think the direct drive Malibus like the Wakesetter LX, or Sunsetter LX are a really good performance/value boat. They can throw a great wakeboard wake and still have near tournament quality wake for the other watersport applications.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
I agree with Brian. From my observations, every manufacturer has little tweaks that are better than others and you have to decide on what's most important to you.

From what I hear people talk about and from what I read, for "best" wakeboard boats you should start with a Super Air, X-star, and VLX. Tige seems to have people talking and may be getting into this "elite" group. I also hear pretty good things (although some criticisms as well) regarding Sangers and Supras.

Your particular question is even more difficult. Is the extra money for a Mastercraft worth it over a Moomba? I don't think you would find too many people who would argue with the proposition that a MC is a much better overall wakeboard boat than a Moomba. But, is it worth the extra money? That's a really tough question based on many factors, most of which are going to be individual to you.

Sorry I can't be of more help. The best thing I can suggest is to bum rides off other people and demo a bunch of boats. Also talk to people about your local dealers. A good local dealer can make a big difference. Will they still care about you after they have your $30-60k?
Old     (bruce)      Join Date: Feb 2002       01-05-2003, 3:27 PM Reply   
The best wakeboard boat out there is one that you can wakeboard behind and have fun.

Obviously you have some buyers remorse... go have fun and don't worry about how much you didn't spend for a MC. Enjoy what you got.
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-05-2003, 6:03 PM Reply   
Why is MB Sport never talked about nobody have anything good to say about them and why.

(Message edited by tcaton on January 05, 2003)
Old    avis21            01-05-2003, 10:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for ur input all!

Avis
Old     (phil_deez)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-06-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
I have an '02 Malibu Wakesetter VLX and I must say it is an incredible boat. It has tons of room, very comfortable, handles well, and throws a huge clean wake. If you ever get a chance to do a demo ride don't pass it up. I am glad I didn't pass up the demo ride or I wouldn't have bought this boat. I was originally looking at a Mobius LSV. It is a nice boat and priced reasonably. However, you get more for your money with the Malibu.
Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       01-07-2003, 9:33 AM Reply   
i would put CorrectCraft on the top of your list.
it's just an opinion, but for me the "Air 210 TE" is the ultimate wakeboarding boat.
CorrectCraft is also best on jdpower:
http://www.jdpower.com/boats/jdpa_ratings/br2002/FindBoatRatingsResults2002.jsp

but the most important thing is that you have fun...
its really comparable to cars.
you can have fun with an "Mercedes SL 55 AMG"
and you can also have fun with an "VW Jetta"

it all depends on you.
enjoy your new boat !!!!
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-07-2003, 11:12 AM Reply   
One that is paid off, gives you no trouble at all, that gets used every day of the year and comes with unlimited free gas. Let me know if you locate such a boat.
Old     (bigdad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-07-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
I am not going to deny that a CC Air 210 TE is probably the ultimate wakeboard boat. But you have to ask yourself if you really want to spend all that money for the boat. Look at the jdpower rankings daniel put out. Moomba is number 4. And you can buy two Moombas for the price of a Air 210 TE. Well maybe not but close. Moomba definitely is the a great all around boat for the price. The decisions lies in whether or not your finances can afford a boat that costs that much money or not.
Old     (gobig)      Join Date: May 2002       01-07-2003, 12:05 PM Reply   
exactly ...
like bigdad said ,it depends on your finances!
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-08-2003, 6:24 PM Reply   
I've got a 2001 Mob V. I couldn't be happier with it. There's tons of room, the wake is huge, and the price is right. You can get a fully loaded Mob V(read: every option available)for less then most other base model boats. To top it all off, Skiers Choice makes customer satisfaction job #1.

Look around, ask questions, test drive.
Good luck.
Old    norcal_99            01-08-2003, 7:42 PM Reply   
I think the MC X-Star is the ultimate wakeboard boat, but any boat that you can get out and have fun behind is just as good to the people in it.

Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       01-08-2003, 7:46 PM Reply   
Anything that throws a decent wake and holds a lot of friends and booze!
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-09-2003, 6:29 AM Reply   
try before you buy!!!!!!!!!!!
Dealer is VERY important!!!! A bad dealer will make your life complicated.
I have personal experience with MC and Malibu. You can't go wrong with either brand. Look at used boats too.
Old     (cyclonecj)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-09-2003, 7:59 PM Reply   
The most expensive boat you can buy is the one you sell the next season to get the one you should have bought in the first place. That being said, you can have 100% as much fun with a Mobius V as you can with a SAN TE. Like 3 putt said, ask around and find out what dealers in your area will take care of you AFTER the sale. I have an outstanding Moomba/Supra dealer near me, I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.
Old    tmas            01-11-2003, 7:09 PM Reply   
we love our sanger v210 it has an incredible wake, sanger is not well known they only build about 400 boats a year. buying a boat of this quality its hard to wrong..sanger,malibu, master craft etc. it like buying a luxury car or suv. its what you like best and also the reputation of the dealership. boarding is a great way to stay close with my 14 yr old son and his buddies and keep my 16 year old daughter with me. being a young dad (35) its cool to spend time with them on the water.
Old    r3612            01-11-2003, 7:45 PM Reply   
Avis I went back on sunday to buy a moomba gravity edition lsv at the chicago show and ended up leaving with a centurion hurricane. They had some sweet deals going eh?? I more than satisfied w/ my decision got a little more for my trade for the centurion dealer and there location was better for me. Hope you enjoy your boat. Where do you ride at??

Kris
Old    para            02-04-2003, 7:09 PM Reply   
The new Super Air Nautique 210 is by far the best!!!
Old    lukem            02-04-2003, 7:23 PM Reply   
i just bought a 2002 mc x star that was a carry over because they didnt sell it last year. i bought it for 45k i thought this was a decent deal, the boat is loaded, it doesnt have 1 hour on it. i have yet to ride behind this one but i loved my freinds 2000 mc. tell me what you think about the price... good? or no
Old    wakelvr            02-04-2003, 7:50 PM Reply   
Is this out the door?

Even so, 45K is not bad at all. So you paid what, 49 out the door? Not too shabby.

Congrats!
Old    upupnaway            02-05-2003, 5:42 AM Reply   
I own a mobius and love it. It doesn't break the bank, It has more room than my buddies malibu sportster, throws a better wake, costs less and has the same engine.
I envy people that can afford the 50k boats, good for them. I cannot afford that much, so I bought a well made boat that gives me the performance to pull off every trick that can be done off of the high end boats.
Bottom line, I can tear up the wake on my boat as well as (sometimes better than) I could on a brand new x-30 or wakesetter.
Old    hlboatsnboards            02-05-2003, 6:23 AM Reply   
Luke....what part of the country are you in?
45-49 just seems a high for a left over model. But the west coast can pull a lot more boat then us east coast folk...i have west coast envy!

B