Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 10, 2003

Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-04-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
Has anyone has made a filler cushion for their boat and/or any ideas. like this:

Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-04-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
Put a container under it and you have a good removable cooler with top.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-04-2003, 9:55 AM Reply   
not a bad idea...
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-04-2003, 11:53 AM Reply   
A friend. Made "concrete balast" that goes in place of the cushion. It has a Vynl top to it so it looks just like the photo you see above. A custom Ice cooler would be "off the heezey fo sheezey" Great Idea. A wedge shaped Ice box that was insulated and fit perfict between the walk threw bow and drained into the bilge. Have it so it opend forward like a ski locker in a Nautique with a gas shock, With a seet cushion on top so it looked Stock. and when you werent using it as a cooler you could throw a fat buddy in there. It woud be a great reason ti keeo the cooler full of you fav drink. "Hey were gettin low on balast we need more drinks for the cooler" I better stop now Im getting excited!
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-04-2003, 11:57 AM Reply   
Grant, I like the posting you put up there. very funny. That would be awesome. Need to look around for a cooler now. If I keep at all these upgrades I will need to call my boat the "pimp daddy".
Old    mtbmudmachine            02-04-2003, 12:29 PM Reply   
Good luck finding a cooler, You will need to have one custom made out of Stainless Steel, Because it's not a square in there it is a semi v shape and it also narrows at the front It will need to fit snug in there. Depending on where you live you can find some on to make you one. If you are creative you can do it yourself like this. Get some cardboard and cut out a template of the size and shape of the cooler you want to make. Tape it all together so the cooler fits and looks just the way you want it. You can even make a top for it. Take it to a Fab shop and have them make it up for you. If you don't have anyone in your area, you can send it to me and I can have someone weld it up for you. There is a company in South San Francisco CA, called "Berlin Foods" They make custom Stainless steel food machines. This would be easy for them. I’m sure there is some one in your area that does something close to what Berlin food's does. My guess is that you could have this whole thing done for around $500-$600. Now do you want to spend $500 on a cooler. If you do that's when you should think about the Name change. If you did one I would do One also.
Old     (s4inor)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-04-2003, 10:32 PM Reply   
We can custom make something to your specs for MUCH cheaper than a stainless alternative would be. As an added benefit, it will last longer, and keep whatever is in your cooler (like we don't know what it will be!) colder longer.