Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-22-2015, 6:26 AM Reply   
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440249936.352643.jpg
Views: 2025
Size:  186.8 KB

Class act. Some of them are completely untrue statements and truth stretching at its finest.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       08-22-2015, 6:42 AM Reply   
I've seen almost every major brand with POP material exactly like that. Malibu does this, Tige does this. Bennington, Cobalt, and Yamaha do this as well. The list goes on. Those were just ones that came right off of the top of my head. I don't see what's wrong with this
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-22-2015, 6:54 AM Reply   
Haha I was just stirring the pot and sparking conversation
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-22-2015, 8:03 AM Reply   
Why don't you at least back up the ones that are "completely untrue?"

We can debate the "truth stretching" ones later.
Old     (JJwake)      Join Date: May 2014       08-22-2015, 8:11 AM Reply   
Wasn't features and benefits selling cool 15 years ago?

I've never seen a decent looking supra/moomba dealership. By the looks of that one, they are selling some camo fishing boats too. Obviously, it starts from the top down. SC is overdue for a change.

Last edited by JJwake; 08-22-2015 at 8:13 AM.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-22-2015, 8:20 AM Reply   
Good point on the features & benefits selling. Fact based selling is where it's at.

Maybe they should have had that video rolling in their booth of the guy that took the roller last year and watched as his hull was introduced to the bottom of the lake.

http://axiswakeboardboats.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2460

If it's important to you, Singleton Marine in Atlanta is a real nice building to sit around in while your boat is getting repaired.

Last edited by wolfe_drew; 08-22-2015 at 8:23 AM. Reason: x
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-22-2015, 9:05 AM Reply   
Are you really judging a dealership because they sell other types of boats? What's next? This dealer sucks because they sell Yamaha or Bennington? Dealers have to sell different types of boats to attract different customers, not everyone wants a wake boat. Your whole post just seems to ooze arrogance. Also, how many SC dealers have you been to? Just curious since you're judging the entire network on what I'm guessing is 1 or 2 dealers. That's always a sound strategy to look like an idiot
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-22-2015, 9:43 AM Reply   
Fwiw one local dealer here sells nautique and supra. Another sells mastercraft and moomba.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-22-2015, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
Why don't you at least back up the ones that are "completely untrue?"

We can debate the "truth stretching" ones later.

We can start by talking about the 5 year warranty and the fact that I've witnessed foam being sprayed into the boat at the factory.
Old     (07STI)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-22-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
My dealer sells Nautique, Supra, and Moomba. It's not like an exotic car dealership, but it's nice.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-22-2015, 10:12 AM Reply   
Ok, when did you see this banner?

Pretty sure all of this was true for 2015 model year boats and this banner was probably made for the early 2015 boat show season. Axis boats had no foam pre-2016 model year. Moomba boats have had floatation foam and NMMA certification for over a decade.

If you're saying that Moomba doesn't have a 5yr warranty on the motor, you're misinformed. That was part of the Raptor launch and is from Indmar.

Again, fact based selling at it's best.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-22-2015, 10:48 AM Reply   
It's at a boat show this weekend

Axis had foam last year when I was at the plant and watched them put foam in a boat. Axis also has a 5 year warranty.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-22-2015, 11:02 AM Reply   
So... It's marketing from 2015 that they're still using.

Here's the Axis 2015 engine warranty. 3 years

http://www.crusaderengines.com/chall...s/axis/#owners

You have any pics to show of foam being put in them pre-2016?
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-22-2015, 11:15 AM Reply   
Haha no and I don't care. Like I said, I was just stirring the pot.

I still don't like marketing by shaming the other guy.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-22-2015, 11:44 AM Reply   
So comparing standard features and warranty is shaming? I can understand if someone is saying their design is bad or something but this is just comparing what each boat has in them from a factual standpoint.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-22-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
Biggest thing that jumps out at me is foam in the Supra and no foam in the Axis. +1 for the A22 in my book, foam destroys boats over the years. Also I'm a Ford guy through and through, but I'd rather have a standard pushrod SBC than some fancy overhead cam engine. Are these boats priced the same, if they're very far apart in price as configured it's not a very relevant comparison.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-22-2015, 12:11 PM Reply   
Not sure why you wouldn't want foam in your boat? You take a roller over the bow or anything else like that where large amounts of water get in and you have a good chance of going to the bottom. Foam filled boats do not sink like non foamed boats do. Unless you would rather your boat be at the bottom of the lake than having whatever damage you think foam does? MC, Nautique, Skiers Choice, all of them foam fill their boats... pretty sure they know its positives far outweigh the negatives.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
Hows the Wake on the Moomba? That's what matters.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-22-2015, 1:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Hows the Wake on the Moomba? That's what matters.
As good or better than the 2015 Supra SA and SC. Same hull, but it's bigger than those two.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-22-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
As good or better than the 2015 Supra SA and SC. Same hull, but it's bigger than those two.

That's a first, haven't heard or seen that before. Similar hull comments sure, however have you been in any of them? Don't think this statement would make sense if so.
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-22-2015, 2:44 PM Reply   
The new Mojo is definitely no slouch. I have been on it and the wake is top notch
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       08-22-2015, 3:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Not sure why you wouldn't want foam in your boat? You take a roller over the bow or anything else like that where large amounts of water get in and you have a good chance of going to the bottom. Foam filled boats do not sink like non foamed boats do. Unless you would rather your boat be at the bottom of the lake than having whatever damage you think foam does? MC, Nautique, Skiers Choice, all of them foam fill their boats... pretty sure they know its positives far outweigh the negatives.
Stringer rot, and more applicable to newer boats is freeze damage and delamination... Or perpetual wetness and saturation, in some cases uneven enough to result in listing to one side. End result of foam is a floor and stringer job.

Foam is only installed on 20' and under boats at per government requirement. The larger the boat, the less likely it is to have it. Don't confuse larger boats having foam core stringers and other glassed structural members along with some foam in various places with boats that have all underfloor cavities filled with foam that holds water and prevents drainage. A foamed boat is a wet boat with numbered days. The likelihood of having the repair damage from foam holding water is certain, vs the marginally increased (if at all) cost of recovery in the extremely unlikely event of a sinking, which is covered by insurance anyhow so if there is any additional cost neither myself or anyone here would ever see it.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-23-2015, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
The new Mojo is definitely no slouch. I have been on it and the wake is top notch
I agree but it definitely isn't any bigger than my '14 A22. This is from my personal opinion from riding on both, they are both great boats. The wakes are similar but the moomba wake isn't as rampy as compared to the A22 with the wedge down. I feel like the Mojo is somewhere between the wedge up and down....which is honestly perfect for a rider like myself. My buddy's mojo doesn't surf anything like my A22 though. My wife complained about the push yesterday cause we have been surfing behind other boats lately with a little less push.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       08-23-2015, 4:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
That's a first, haven't heard or seen that before. Similar hull comments sure, however have you been in any of them? Don't think this statement would make sense if so.
I work at a Skiers Choice dealership, so yes, I've spent countless hours in and behind all of these boats
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-25-2015, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe_drew View Post
Ok, when did you see this banner?

Pretty sure all of this was true for 2015 model year boats and this banner was probably made for the early 2015 boat show season. Axis boats had no foam pre-2016 model year. Moomba boats have had floatation foam and NMMA certification for over a decade.

If you're saying that Moomba doesn't have a 5yr warranty on the motor, you're misinformed. That was part of the Raptor launch and is from Indmar.

Again, fact based selling at it's best.

Let me translate this:

"I own a moomba, the original budget boat. So step off with your AXIS propaganda"
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-25-2015, 6:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
Stringer rot, and more applicable to newer boats is freeze damage and delamination... Or perpetual wetness and saturation, in some cases uneven enough to result in listing to one side. End result of foam is a floor and stringer job.

Foam is only installed on 20' and under boats at per government requirement. The larger the boat, the less likely it is to have it. Don't confuse larger boats having foam core stringers and other glassed structural members along with some foam in various places with boats that have all underfloor cavities filled with foam that holds water and prevents drainage. A foamed boat is a wet boat with numbered days. The likelihood of having the repair damage from foam holding water is certain, vs the marginally increased (if at all) cost of recovery in the extremely unlikely event of a sinking, which is covered by insurance anyhow so if there is any additional cost neither myself or anyone here would ever see it.

This x1000
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-25-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
My largest greivance with this is:

1. Obviously you have something to prove if you cherry pick one single boat to put a comparison chart up with? What about the other budget 22 footers like the NXT 22, MB Sports, Supreme, etc... Oh wait, they don't have majority market share. Now I see why the pointed attack.

2. While the majority of the chart is facts, they are extremely cherry picked and are trying to make a point that is extremely one-sided and intended to mislead. For example, the wake plate. Two things here. Correct point that no wake plate exists. That's because Axis has the wedge, which is a far more capable wake shaping tool. Above that, Axis makes it an option to give the buyer a CHOICE. So they pull the wool over the buyer by saying, "oh we have a wake plate axis doesn't", but that it's an extremely uninformed statement. Then they make it a point to show that a stereo is optional on Axis? HAHA Again, they give their buyers the CHOICE to delete the stereo so the buyer can go custom if they choose. When it comes down to it, the 2015+ stereo ROCKS on the Axis and 99 out of 100 Axis boats come with a stereo from the factory. The stereo is all Wetsounds with 3 different choices. Seriously, go through and look at all the things that are "Optional" and most of them are that way because there are multiple different ways to rig the boat that ultimately gives the buyer more personalized choices. Again, the snap out carpet. You can go Carpet, Tatami Mat, Deckadence or nothing. 4 choices!

Sorry Skiers Choice, but putting up some bull**** flyer at your boat show to steal back the market with misinformed facts and pulling the wool over potential buyers is NOT the way to sell boats.

Last edited by boardjnky4; 08-25-2015 at 6:57 AM.
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       08-25-2015, 6:56 AM Reply   
Drew Wolfe has a six figure boat budget. Love the info in this thread, not going to bother going back over some of the informative posts.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-25-2015, 7:00 AM Reply   
Oh yeah, and if anyone REALLY thinks that a little bit of foam in their stringers is going to save their boat from sinking when you're loaded with people, coolers, maybe some lead, stereo equipment, etc... you're kidding yourself.