Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Giddyup)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-06-2015, 10:19 PM Reply   
its great to see new products coming to market, and if i never have to smell vinegar again I'm all for it
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-07-2015, 4:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottog1979 View Post
^Damn, I just bought a bottle this morning.
Today is your Lucky day, Andy. I'll make you #5.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-07-2015, 5:58 AM Reply   
I'm in if still avail! email sent.
Old     (Tolleson2354)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-07-2015, 6:37 AM Reply   
I have to agree with the suckers post. If the Babes and Boat Bling don't strip wax, then why does babes Spot Solver say "follow with Boat Brite" and why does Hot Sauce say "Follow up with Quickie Sauce"? I wont argue that 50/50 vinegar strips wax too, but it is for sure not a one and done strip. To me 50/50 vinegar every time it comes off the water and a REAL wax mid season and at the end is they way to go, but to each his own.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-07-2015, 7:12 AM Reply   
Hot sauce smells like ****
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-07-2015, 8:23 AM Reply   
How do you think these spot removers work? A super mild acid. If you think 50-50 is to strong reduce the vinegar and add more elbow grease, but more elbow grease = more wax removed. It is all preference, but I use my boat 3-4 times a week. That would be about a bottle a week. Or in wakeboard terms, a set. I can assure you that my boat is always super shiny.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2015, 8:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmorlan View Post
Then you should try Performance Boat Candy - it's even worse! I knew it was bad when my crew started bringing their own wipe down spray along and telling me to focus on the interior and they'd get the outside.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2015, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stang_killa_ss View Post
longest thread update ever. this thread happened to pop up when I googled boat bling to re order.

cant believe ive been using this stuff for 5 years already. Just ordered another gallon. love this stuff. boat still looks brand new and shiny and spot less as ever. I use it after every trip and it works great even in the triple digit texas heat and in the current dirty flood lake waters.

Called and talked with Jake and he was super nice.

definatly glad I made the switch from babes.
Fun to look back on this thread from 2011. Lots of changes while scaling the business since then. Wish I had more time for forums Glad to hear you're still getting sauced!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Where was this thread in 2012 when I purchased my boat and needed product to keep it shinning. I did a test with Boat Bling after leaving Lake Powell last year. Didn't wipe the boat and let it sit in my driveway for a week. Amazed with the results, been using Boat Bling ever since...

Attachment 39536
Looking good! This black hulls can be brutal with Lake Powell water and heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheadd View Post
Side=dude. Lol
Best autocorrect fail ever lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tre View Post
funny to see this thread again. I still have the same boat (but may upgrade soon) and still use Hot Sauce to remove the hard water spots. I'll have to snap some before and after pictures. My gray Supra is a mess with water spots right now and really needs some hot sauce.
Appreciate the business! Glad to hear we've been a part of the cleanup ritual all this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
50-50 Vinegar and distilled water. Every time I see someone use anything else for water spots, I'm looking at a sucker. That said, I like both companies light spray wax product. It does a great job between proper waxes.
Thanks, I think? Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by holdsworth View Post
Chris Walker (he's on the forum somewhere) has a really great spot remover and it's the best we've used. It's called Spotless, check it out here: http://spotlessboat.com/product/

I haven't used Hot Sauce before, but have used Babe's Spot Solver and Spotless is much, much better to use. Puts a nice coat of UV protectant wax on the boat when you wipe it down, too. More expensive, but worth it.
Great to see new companies entering the market. Keeps everyone pushing forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
Hot Sauce has some vinegar in it, but doesn't strip the wax. Not sure how the wax would fair would 50% vinegar though.
From our research and refinement over the past 10 years, acid is still the way to go. The type of acid used along with the method in which it's inhibited from affecting things other than calcium, magnesium and other mineral scale are what sets products apart. Not specific to you boardjnky just expanding on your comment.

Quote:
Gel coat doesn't need wax? Why does it oxidize and fade? It needs a protectant just like anything else
Many factors come into play such as quality of gelcoat, clear coat mfr, etc but typically gelcoat is much more susceptible to UV damage (oxidation) when compared to traditional automotive paint. A high quality wax/UV protectant will help keep the finish shiny for years. Also a well waxed surface is far easier to clean after use. Again, just expanding on comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsupralaunch View Post
God bless you Adam Holdworth! Yes the smell of vinegar sucks but it works. Nothing new - It was 2003 when Dave Briscoe showed me how douching down the boat keeps off the spots.

Yes. I and my late son, Nick Jarvis, formulated Spotless. It took us 10 years to get rid of the smell of vinegar. Spotless is an advanced technology water spot remover with UV protection wax

Dissolves water spots and protects against UV damage

No odor & leaves bright finish

Safe for daily use on painted surfaces, fiberglass, glass, stainless steel and aluminum.

GROUP OFFER for free trial limited to first 12 here on Wakeworld if you agree to posting your true review here on this post and agree to give the extra bottle to your dealer. Just email me at info@spotlessboat.com with your

Name

shipping address

contact phone#.(FedEx required)
Best of luck with your venture redsupra and very cool of you to offer product to wakeworlders! Look forward to meeting you one of these days at a show.

Quote:
lol since we got started there's been no middle ground with Hot Sauce customers. Love or hate, nothing in between when it comes to the smell. Always find it amusing when we're working a show and a customer who's been buying the products for 8+ years tells us how much they've hated the smell all this time. Good or bad it's a huge part of the customer experience and we appreciate the input.

Anyhow, it's not my intention to push Boat Bling products on a public thread, just popping into say hi and expand on a few comments. If anyone cares to discuss any of the items in detail feel free to email me at zack@boatbling.net

-Zack
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-07-2015, 10:46 AM Reply   
WAKEWORLD code is not working for me on the boat bling site.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-07-2015, 10:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gene3x View Post
WAKEWORLD code is not working for me on the boat bling site.
Hi Gene, web developers are working on that. Some codes seem to have imploded. Please call us at 800-846-4899 or email me directly zack@boatbling.net and I'll get you sorted out.
Old     (jbkriss)      Join Date: Mar 2011       08-07-2015, 1:47 PM Reply   
Another vote for Boat Bling. I've tried both and I prefer BB. Even like the smell too.
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-07-2015, 2:00 PM Reply   
I used Ducky before and it was ok. I finally gave in and bought the Bling and it makes a hell of a difference. Not only shiny but 5 times as slick!!! Looking and busting your rear!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-07-2015, 2:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Gel coat doesn't need wax? Why does it oxidize and fade? It needs a protectant just like anything else
my hull is 10 years old and shows signs of neither. protect the boat and you won't need all this protectant
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-08-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsupralaunch View Post
God bless you Adam Holdworth! Yes the smell of vinegar sucks but it works. Nothing new - It was 2003 when Dave Briscoe showed me how douching down the boat keeps off the spots.

Yes. I and my late son, Nick Jarvis, formulated Spotless. It took us 10 years to get rid of the smell of vinegar. Spotless is an advanced technology water spot remover with UV protection wax

Dissolves water spots and protects against UV damage

No odor & leaves bright finish

Safe for daily use on painted surfaces, fiberglass, glass, stainless steel and aluminum.

GROUP OFFER for free trial limited to first 12 here on Wakeworld if you agree to posting your true review here on this post and agree to give the extra bottle to your dealer. Just email me at info@spotlessboat.com with your

Name
shipping address
contact phone#.(FedEx required)
Thanks to all that have emailed us to claim our free offer. We have our group. I will be shipping all on Wed 12th. I'm very excited to do this and is a great way to give back to members here on Wakeworld and putting up with me when I was running Collegiate Wakeboard Nationals and USA Wakeboard. Special Thanks to Dave
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-08-2015, 3:46 PM Reply   
Thanks for the trial goods!
Old     (rbeckner27)      Join Date: Oct 2013       08-08-2015, 7:05 PM Reply   
I guess if we didn't get a return email we didn't make the trial cut?
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-08-2015, 7:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeckner27 View Post
I guess if we didn't get a return email we didn't make the trial cut?
LOL by the skin of your teeth. You are #12 in USA. Have to check on Monday about the other 2 friends from Canada which I will include if I can.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-09-2015, 11:10 AM Reply   
Yes thanks for the trial Chris! I'll be sure to post back here as soon as I use it.
Old     (fastlanephx)      Join Date: Mar 2014       08-09-2015, 11:54 AM Reply   
try pledge removes water spots and keeps your boat lemon fresh
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-10-2015, 7:28 AM Reply   
Did I make the trial? I emailed you pretty early on.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-10-2015, 7:51 AM Reply   
One of the staff at the local lake yesterday seen me cleaning my MB for about 20 minutes after pulling out of the water. He came over and asked what I was spraying down with and admiring how good the boat looked after. So I give him the bottle of Boat Bling and ask him to take a smell and let me know what he thinks. Comes back with "that's the best smelling cleaner, where can I get some?" He walked away with my half bottle to give it a go for himself, hope he likes it!
Old     (07STI)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-10-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
Used Hot Sauce for the first time yesterday and it was awesome! After reading that most people either love or hate the smell, I was initially feeling like I wasn't sure. 10 minutes later I decided that I love it...
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-10-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
I ordered the Boat Bling bucket (all 4 products) a couple years ago. Works great and have come to love the smell. The vinyl product works really well too.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       08-15-2015, 3:23 PM Reply   
Just got the trial product from Spotless Boat. That was quick. And he sent 2 32oz bottles, so I've got plenty to use. I'll be trying it out in a few days and will let you guys know how it goes.
Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       08-15-2015, 5:51 PM Reply   
Just got mine too. Gonna give it a go this weekend. I'll post up after.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-15-2015, 8:44 PM Reply   
Got mine yesterday too, will try it out!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       08-17-2015, 7:07 AM Reply   
Got mine also but will not be on the water for another week or more. Out of town on business and then checking on my parents rentals in Florida. May be a few weeks before a review.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-17-2015, 7:52 AM Reply   
Got my spotless trial. I'll be trying it out this week. Many thanks to Chris Walker.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-17-2015, 11:53 AM Reply   
I love the smell of Hot Sauce and I love how it makes my boat look even more. Thanks for making a great product Zack!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-17-2015, 11:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who has used both "Babes Boats" and "Hot Sauce" water spot remover?
Successful high jack Chris W... Well played!
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       08-17-2015, 3:24 PM Reply   
I just ordered myself another Gallon of Hot Sauce.

the best price I could find was $45 shipped from http://autoplicity.com/9024865-boat-...em-sealant-gal

If I was already ordering from Wakemakers and had enough in my cart to get free shipping, I'd grab a gallon from them and with the forum discount it'd be a few dollars less.

Zack, you mentioned in this thread to wash the hot sauce wipedown towels separately. Can you elaborate on that? We'll only go through 1 or 2 of the 18" walmart microfiber towels per wipedown, so it's normal for me to throw it in the wash with the rest of the boat towels. And yeah, I've gotten lazy and filled up the rest of the load with t-shirts, boardshorts, etc.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-17-2015, 4:25 PM Reply   
I did a write up on all three a long time ago. In the short

Babes was completely inferior to both Hot Sauce and the Boat Bling Speed Gloss

The Speed gloss left the most shine and gave you a super deep glossy look.

The Hot Sauce attacked hard water spots the best out of all (3) but was noticeably less glossy with the finished product.

The babes pretty much did nothing for hard water spots.

Vin/water 50/50 is still a great alternative.

All the vinyl products from each as far as daily cleaners go were pretty identical. None of them still could compete with the old Exquisite vinyl cleaner. That stuff was the best solution every made as a daily wipe down vinyl cleaner. Left the seats so soft and clean. Miss that product a ton.

I think what we are missing here still is the fact these higher end more expensive products also leave a coat of wax and uv protectant over the Vin and water solution. This also helps prevent the build up of hard water spots because of the protective layer. It's no substitute for a good waxing a few times a year, but again every little bit helps.
Old     (Fourspeednup)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-18-2015, 12:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by trayson View Post
I just ordered myself another Gallon of Hot Sauce.

the best price I could find was $45 shipped from http://autoplicity.com/9024865-boat-...em-sealant-gal

If I was already ordering from Wakemakers and had enough in my cart to get free shipping, I'd grab a gallon from them and with the forum discount it'd be a few dollars less.

Zack, you mentioned in this thread to wash the hot sauce wipedown towels separately. Can you elaborate on that? We'll only go through 1 or 2 of the 18" walmart microfiber towels per wipedown, so it's normal for me to throw it in the wash with the rest of the boat towels. And yeah, I've gotten lazy and filled up the rest of the load with t-shirts, boardshorts, etc.

Good question on the towel washing. Regardless of your choice in products, you'll want to be sure there are no extra chemicals/compounds/contaminants on the towels. A couple points come to mind:

1. We suggest washing brand new towels prior to use. This removes leftover chemicals & dyes from the manufacturing process.

2. Washing the wipe down towels with clothing is fine so long as you do NOT use fabric softener which almost always contains silicone. Silicone coats the fibers, not only reducing the towel's ability to absorb liquid (more work while wiping) but can also be broken down by the cleaning product leaving streaks behind

90% of boaters won't even notice these issues while wiping down but streaking and inefficiency drives detail nuts like myself crazy especially when working on a hot launch ramp after a long day of riding.

zack@boatbling.net