Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-31-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
Went down to the boat dock yesterday and noticed my covered was partially off and found this....

Im assuming the perpetrator was a raccoon as there are seveal large claw marks all over the vinyl along with two holes dug out to the bottom of the seat base. Luckily I had not installed the new seat skins I had just recieved from Malibu the day before. I would have been slightly pissed! Dropped them by the upholstery shop this morning so I should have them back by the weekend.

Has anyone every had a problem like this?

Last edited by factorykitted; 05-31-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-31-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
They didn't wreck anything but I had the cover off of my boat in the car port early this week so it could dry out. When I went to put the cover on there was muddy/grassy footprints on the trailer and on/in my boat. I get annoyed enough knowing my cat goes in there as he uses the carpet floor or walls as a scratching post now I have to worry about dem coons!
Old     (factorykitted)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-31-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
yeah i had little muddy paw marks all over the boat....little bastard!
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2012, 1:42 PM Reply   
Look what my buddy found when he got his Supra out of winter storage!!! Oh and it hitched a 10 mile ride with him home from the storage lot too.
Attached Images

Old     (jaxfoiler)      Join Date: Sep 2008       05-31-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Im sorry, I had to laugh! I know that would SUCK, But hey that looks like an older boat, so he got new upholstery quicker than he thought!
Old    mojo            05-31-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
oh my god! "Mama just chases em off with the broom."
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-31-2012, 1:52 PM Reply   
Thanks for the close-up, I really needed that.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-31-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
This thread is on life support.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-31-2012, 2:00 PM Reply   
HOLY CRAP. That would suck...... man...... and yeah that pile of shat is making me sick....
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-31-2012, 2:01 PM Reply   
OMG I would freaking die!
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-31-2012, 2:09 PM Reply   
Yea there are some wild cats that have cost me a new boat cover a couple times, I sat up one night with the ole trusty shotgun and bud light and got a couple of them. But I still always find muddy cat prints and sometimes a cat piss smell in my boat after winter storage. Left a bowl of antifreeze out this past year and my boat has been safe since.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-31-2012, 2:21 PM Reply   
GAWD that last pic is foul! Can we get that yanked?

I would frigging lose it if that happened to my boat. Sad tale.
Old     (pprior)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-31-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
Wow would I love to take a shovel to the animal that did that.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-31-2012, 3:28 PM Reply   
I can pretty much smell that sheet stank from the picture!!
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-31-2012, 3:47 PM Reply   
Dont let coons on your boat!
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-31-2012, 4:52 PM Reply   
Did you really need a third THAT bad?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-31-2012, 5:37 PM Reply   
I had a mouse chew on the edge corner and the beading of my seat right behind the driver's. Luckily it was a mild winter here in the Northeast and I got away with what I think is minor. I'll send back to SC to get fixed after the season is over. I know how you feel though, not a good feeling at all and my heart sank when I saw it at first.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-31-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisz View Post
Dont let coons on your boat!
What do you mean?
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       06-02-2012, 8:54 AM Reply   
I hope the "good" Rev. Sharpton doesn't visit this site, lol !
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2012, 9:47 AM Reply   
i have coons that have ate through my plastic garbage cans, i tie the can down and they cant get in it, so they eat through it, they are mean animals that sucks about your boats
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-02-2012, 11:17 AM Reply   
I means destroy EVERYTHING...... one swam out to my boat and chit in my bow then left......
They steal my food,
they steal my dogs food
they try to get in tents
they walk on the hood of my truck and scratch it!

moral of the story no matter how you take it, coons suck! put muric acid powder around your boat trailer.........coons hate that chit..
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-02-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Otters chewed up the upholstery on my old boat a long time ago. Normally they stay away from people things but it was more like Brian's kind of damage. For many years the boat had the back padding that was a different color than everything else.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       06-02-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
funny chit story, the dog across the street was running up and down my porch steps last summer, we have some property, so the neigbors dog runs around (funny dog)anyway, i hear him running up and down the steps to the porch then he stops. (i am in the house, so i stop..... i hear nothing for about a min, then he runs down the steps and sits at the bottom of the steps looking up at our bay window. I look at him, he looks at me almost like he is smiling, so i go to open the front door and go outside and then i see it. a big pile of poop on the welcome mat in front of the door.lol i was pissed but it was funny. almost like he pulled a gag and knew it, and was waiting for me to come and check out his special drop off. It was like he was laughing with a big smile on his face. sorry had to share that.lol
Old     (madcityskier)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-29-2012, 8:48 PM Reply   
Gross yes, but the most important picture of the entire thread. Search roundworm and you'll find that there are significant health concerns involved, and that even bleach will not kill roundworm. Boat is down for the entire summer, and while the payout will cover repairs, the result is that the boat is likely declared totalled by the insurer.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-30-2012, 1:16 AM Reply   
Oh why did this thread get rehashed?!?!

The thought of finding my boat in that condition makes me sick every time I see these pictures
Old     (KLPDEPAEPE)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-01-2012, 5:57 AM Reply   
Almost the same at Berryessa, guy on the dock near us had left some food in his glove box, coons got out on dock(which they do very often), into boat, and thrashed his whole dash trying to get into glove box. Mean SOB's....