Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Spoone)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-01-2018, 2:17 PM Reply   
In a dilemma between purchasing a 2013 SA450 with 250 hours or a 2014 SC350 with 150 hours.. Both are good color combos so no worries there and the SA is about $3k more, so no big deal on the price. Both are in excellent condition, but my concern is about the SC not being mfg. any more and the SA is completely revamped, so how will the resale hold up. The SC has the Swell, but the SA doesn't, but I wakeboard 95% of the time, so doesn't really matter to me. Any thoughts?
Old     (Padge)      Join Date: Feb 2017       07-02-2018, 3:59 AM Reply   
The sa will def throw a better wakeboard wake in my opinion.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-02-2018, 5:21 AM Reply   
SC with the swell will resale in the future much better since everybody wants to surf now.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-02-2018, 7:29 AM Reply   
This is an easy one in my eyes if condition is comparable. 2014 SC is higher free board and has the SWELL surf system. Size inside will actually feel similar. If it was the newer hull SA that would be a different comparison but that is the original one. Both are sweet boats though.
Old     (Spoone)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-02-2018, 7:47 AM Reply   
Thanks, I was leaning toward the SC.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-02-2018, 7:51 AM Reply   
I'd make sure to test the boat out. We have had non stop electrical issues in our 15' SE. Apparently its been better in the newer models. 13 months straight of our boat not working properly. It's been back to the factory for a month and came back with the exact same problem. Supra does not seem to care at all. Just keep reloading the parts cannon even though everything has been replaced 3-4 times a piece
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-02-2018, 8:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzelenik View Post
I'd make sure to test the boat out. We have had non stop electrical issues in our 15' SE. Apparently its been better in the newer models. 13 months straight of our boat not working properly. It's been back to the factory for a month and came back with the exact same problem. Supra does not seem to care at all. Just keep reloading the parts cannon even though everything has been replaced 3-4 times a piece
that sucks, supra seemed to be on top the last few years.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-02-2018, 9:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
that sucks, supra seemed to be on top the last few years.
Not on top of customer service. I can say that from personal experience
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       07-11-2018, 9:42 AM Reply   
I have a 13 SA with no swell and bought the Nauticurl and it cleaned up the wave nicely on both sides. We arent big surfers so has not been problematic but before the nauticurl the starboard wave was pretty washed out The freeboard is only an issue up front when weighted and adults sitting in the front, and if you have to idle through somebody else s surf wake or something. Tyler nailed it on the newer hull design of the SA fixing that issue. We mainly wakeboard as well, I will say the SA wake is very wide and we have had to come in to about 60' to make it similar to our old sanger V215 wake. Bigger beam makes a wide wake though and we for sure love the room of the SA, especially the front, usually have 4-6 kids up there and leaves the back for adults. Drive both if possible we have been happy with our switch to Supra from our tried and true Sanger. Both boats would treat you well I'd just say if you are often in rough lake water with lots of traffic the bow is pretty low on the SA especially with 1200# up there and the SC may be a better fit if thats a concern. We ride the delta/river and big wakes arent often a problem where we go.