Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-11-2014, 10:03 AM Reply   
Started working on front toe 5 yesterday. Went completely off axis and couldn't get the board back under me. Handle pass was there and so was the rotation, just bad axis. Are there any tricks that you guys use to keep on axis? B/c as much fun as the toe digger I took yesterday was, I like the idea of landing a bit better.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-11-2014, 10:05 AM Reply   
I know it would be easier to diagnose with video, but it was a spur of the moment thing so didn't get a chance to grab any video, sorry
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       05-11-2014, 10:37 AM Reply   
Without seeing a video, the only thing I can suggest is make sure you really wait on that trick. It's very easy to throw it at the bottom of the wake which sets you on a weird axis and makes it nearly impossible to land. Cut and pop like you would on a normal toeside w2w. Pop, pull, spin.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-11-2014, 11:19 AM Reply   
When I ride Thursday, I'll get some video, I appreciate the input man!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-11-2014, 12:44 PM Reply   
One thing that really helps to keep on axis on a toe 5 is to pop, square your shoulders up to the boat and almost pause slightly at 180, and then turn your head and go for the handle pass for the remaining 360 of the trick. Make sure you keep your head up the whole time. If you look down it will initiate the off axis rotation
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-12-2014, 3:37 AM Reply   
^ I agree with above. Do several ts 360s to build up some muscle memory. Then do the same motion. Where you would normally do a 180 on your way up and down from your apex, do a 180 up and give it an extra yank on the pass to get spinning to 5
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-12-2014, 4:39 AM Reply   
Thanks again guys! I really appreciate the input.