Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-15-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Good info everyone, thanks!

Andy, Let me know what you think of the Bruce.

J.B. how unpredictable is the Contra? Also, is the Contra a new version or is this the shape that's been around for a long while?

DC, Ya, I'm the ginger. PM sent. Thanks!

Ryan, I'm more stoked to try Curt's brother's format now. Are you going to be trying the new Format?

I wish I could try all of O'Brien's top boards one after another and see what feels best. We need an AZ dealer!
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       01-15-2013, 12:36 PM Reply   
Josh, I just got my 2013 Format a few days ago with the Nomad bindings. Can't wait to break her in. Last year I used the Seeker Bindings which I loved (once I got them broken in), and the year before that was the Format bindings.

If the .7's that come with the 2013's are too locked in, I'm going to use the .5's from last year because I really rode better with those.

Just some advice when making your selection, if you know the characteristics in a board that you like and that suits your style, just look for that when shopping around, especially if you don't have the ability to demo a lot of different models before you make purchase. May save you a lot of time and frustration.

Shred on!
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-15-2013, 7:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshugan View Post
Good info everyone, thanks!

Andy, Let me know what you think of the Bruce.

J.B. how unpredictable is the Contra? Also, is the Contra a new version or is this the shape that's been around for a long while?

DC, Ya, I'm the ginger. PM sent. Thanks!

Ryan, I'm more stoked to try Curt's brother's format now. Are you going to be trying the new Format?

I wish I could try all of O'Brien's top boards one after another and see what feels best. We need an AZ dealer!
the contra is not unpredictable, i just feel that it has a much stronger kick off the wake than the format, its just crazy how much pop it has for how fast it is. iv definitely progressed the most on the contra